Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

Anyone tried editing the LOD beyond the setting of 200- and seeing if it makes any difference?

I tested values up to 150 and my conclusion is that anything above 60 makes absolutely no difference.

Asobo seems to have implemented a hard limit on how far the trees are being rendered.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, peyote said:

I tested values up to 150 and my conclusion is that anything above 60 makes absolutely no difference.

Asobo seems to have implemented a hard limit on how far the trees are being rendered.

Begs the question, what is the point of the in game slider? 

• Like 1

Ohh, my bad ... I was referring to the autogen distance fix on Flightsim.to (the impostor tree size of up to 150 meters), not the LOD. Sorry for the confusion.

The LOD does make a difference up to 200, but I haven't tested past that value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crimplene said:

BTW, I do remember that Asobo or maybe Jörg Neumann mentioned that they found a method to display many more trees and that this would be part of a future update (DX 12 or so).

You seem to have forgotten that they already had a way to display many more trees - right back in the pre release versions. The subsequent updates have destroyed this.

• Like 1

John B

3 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

You seem to have forgotten that they already had a way to display many more trees - right back in the pre release versions. The subsequent updates have destroyed this.

No. There were talking about a new, much more efficient way of displaying trees, not only about displaying more or less trees with the current method. They obviously decided that they had to cut down the tree lod at ultra level. I don't like that too but I think we'll have to live with it until either someone finds another hack or they implement the new display method.

I just find it childish to moan endlessly and indulge in negativity as some people love to do. They will always feel as if Asobo is doing this to hurt them personally. They probably live their lifes feeling betrayed constantly. 

50 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Anyone tried editing the LOD beyond the setting of 200- and seeing if it makes any difference?

Yes, it still works.

This is LOD 600 with my mod:

aXucy9K.jpg

• Like 4

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Just now, BijanStudio said:

Yes, it still works.

aXucy9K.jpg

What about the popping in of objects? Does it also fix that? 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What about the popping in of objects? Does it also fix that? 

There is no popping at all. I will test more.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

Just now, BijanStudio said:

There is no popping at all. I will test more.

And stuttering when pushing the LOD so hard? 

2 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes, it still works.

aXucy9K.jpg

Nice!

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Promising!  That looks good.  LOD 600 is quite hard on the machine though, so it might be a case of finding the right balance.   

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes, it still works.

Great, I have forgotten where to increase the LOD settings above 200.  Please, give me a hint.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Promising!  That looks good.  LOD 600 is quite hard on the machine though, so it might be a case of finding the right balance.   

400 gives you good LOD too. 

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:

2 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I have forgotten where to increase the LOD settings above 200.  Please, give me a hint.

UserCfg.opt   file. One level before community folder

• Upvote 1

Gaming Laptop: