Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

7 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

But isn't this will impact the performance severely? 

I bit, I am lucky to have a good PC and a 3080. Yes there was a FPS hit but I have Render scale at 120, I droped that back to 100 and if anything gained a few FPS. But yes it is a FPS hit, how much will be down to your PC.

Would I perfer the mod fix, yes. But I am simple pointing out that Asobo have not hard locked the tree LOD and if you wish you can do something about it.

Edit your UserCfg.

{Terrain
        LoDFactor 4.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000

I am not trying anything more than 4 as 4 = the same as the mod gave. happy with that. 

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

It’s not about the FPS hit. It’s more the fact that it makes you CPU limited and induces stuttering. 
Prior to this update you could run LOD at 100, in sim. And still have trees to horizon using the mod.  Now you can’t. Therefore to achieve the same thing now, one must place a much heavier burden on the cpu side of things, inducing stutters. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It’s not about the FPS hit. It’s more the fact that it makes you CPU limited and induces stuttering. 
Prior to this update you could run LOD at 100, in sim. And still have trees to horizon using the mod.  Now you can’t. Therefore to achieve the same thing now, one must place a much heavier burden on the cpu side of things, inducing stutters. 

Well I guess the upshot for people is to simply try it and see. If it works for them and their PC can handle it without issues then great. 

It certainly needs more RAM (up to 30 GB in my case) and GPU memory. I have no stutters, though. FPS wise I have 40 to 45 a few miles west of Atlanta International with LOD 200, with 500 it's like 28 or so. Which is not enough. 🙂
In 1440p I have close to 60 fps with LOD 200.
I understand that the tree mod was better regarding performance and that people with weaker systems can't always use LOD 200 or higher. So of course it would be fantastic if the mod would work again.

Edited by crimplene

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Well you proberly have read my post about after last update.

I have been testing this morning and i hope I have found a fix but it now means one of my core is max out but after a flight all seems well, I dont mine as long as I dont get stutters. Its a long strory and on my PC I have to change the way MSFS runs but I am going to do another flight now with the 4 LOD and I will see if this makes the sim stutter or not. Saing it will induces stuttering is easy to say. I will now find out 🙂

I can tell you Ian that the flight this morning showed CPU 19 on my PC was at 100% all the time but I had a really good smooth flight. It's all in the air for me after last update but all I can do is test and find a way to make MSFS work as good as it did pre last update.

Off to test.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

6 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I understand that the tree mod was better regarding performance and that people with weaker systems can't always use LOD 200 or higher. So of course it would be fantastic if the mod would work again.

Well said. 🙂

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I bit, I am lucky to have a good PC and a 3080. Yes there was a FPS hit but I have Render scale at 120, I droped that back to 100 and if anything gained a few FPS. But yes it is a FPS hit, how much will be down to your PC.

Would I perfer the mod fix, yes. But I am simple pointing out that Asobo have not hard locked the tree LOD and if you wish you can do something about it.

Edit your UserCfg.

{Terrain
        LoDFactor 4.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000

I am not trying anything more than 4 as 4 = the same as the mod gave. happy with that. 

That's exaxtly what works on my sim too. I'm using it together with the "trees distance fix - smaller trees (90-120)". Because I currently prefer flying in rural areas I don't have any noticeable performance hit.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

So the MOD does work again just only to 5 miles out on LOD 200.

https://www.flightsimulator.blog/2021/03/11/trees-draw-distance-fix/

I guess compare and contrast that fix with Dave's edit of the UserCfg.opt file to 400 and see which one is a better fit for your own system specs. Remember with these pesky flight sims; your mileage may vary!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

At LOD 4 it is the same as the tree lod fix

I have had the LOD 400 setting for quite a while along with the Tree/Veg distance mod.  I am not sure exactly how the Tree mod worked but I could never see where they cutoff (using the 75-100 option) and never saw them popping in.  Now without the mod while still having LOD 400 it is much worse than before.  I think it had to do more with how the mod generated the trees than the 400 setting itself....but who knows. I for sure have a more distinct LOD ring around the aircraft now even with 400 set....

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

On 3/10/2021 at 7:09 AM, Dillon said:

Thanks for posting this.  I knew something was wrong and thought I might have deleted something.  I'll be glade when the mods get this one figured out.  Asobo really needs to quite breaking so much with each update.

If your following it please let us know when this is fixed.  If I find out first I'll post it.

You cannot blame Asobo, they're mods. Are you suggesting Asobo will have to keep track of and cater to every mod out there when they roll updates out? That's beyond unreasonable.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

8 minutes ago, Krakin said:

You cannot blame Asobo, they're mods. Are you suggesting Asobo will have to keep track of and cater to every mod out there when they roll updates out? That's beyond unreasonable.

No, he's not.

But Asobo HAVE broken the Tree Distance Draw on this latest Update - even on vanilla - regardless of mods.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krakin said:

Yeah but if they didn't nerf their own title people have sunk thousands of dollars into every update, we wouldn't need all these mods.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Nemo said:

UserCfg.opt 

{Terrain
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }
    {ObjectsLoD
        LoDFactor 2.000000
    }

change to

{Terrain
        LoDFactor 4.000000