Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

Just now, crimplene said:

Well, the LOD border is very visible and quite close to the plane. I suppose you have LOD to 200, Buildings and Trees to Ultra?

Do you mind giving me the ICAO code of your airport  I would try to replicate the situation.

Yes I use Ultra, the ICAO code is ESSK

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

Yes I use Ultra, the ICAO code is ESSK

Thx, later in the day I can look at it. I fly lots of A320 approaches and VFR with the Savage Carbon and can't remember not recognizing the airport because of blurry textures. Not even after the last update. For me the airports still are too easily recognized in the distance if they have any rwy or taxi lights.

16 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Thx, later in the day I can look at it. I fly lots of A320 approaches and VFR with the Savage Carbon and can't remember not recognizing the airport because of blurry textures. Not even after the last update. For me the airports still are too easily recognized in the distance if they have any rwy or taxi lights.

I believe that my home area belongs to one of the areas in the world that is badly represented in MSFS, I tried a flight from KORS in Washington state and it look much better, but the fps performance was really bad there.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I don't get it. on the first page of this thread is a post to a fine and up to date tree fix. several flavours. works and looks fine. go flying. 

• Like 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

8 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I believe that my home area belongs to one of the areas in the world that is least represented in MSFS, I tried a flight from KORS in Washington state and it look much better, but the fps performance was really bad there.

I didn't fly in Scandinavia before (will try it when I'm at my PC again) but I heard that the textures and overall quality are not very good. Short flights and tests I usually do around EDAR where the quality of the scenery is super good. Today I had a flight from LA to Oakland and everything looked absolutely stunning as always. So I get a bit irritated when people say that "VFR is not possible anymore" and stuff like that. I admit that it there are areas in the world where it is not opimal, though. 🙂

16 minutes ago, crimplene said:

I didn't fly in Scandinavia before (will try it when I'm at my PC again) but I heard that the textures and overall quality are not very good. Short flights and tests I usually do around EDAR where the quality of the scenery is super good. Today I had a flight from LA to Oakland and everything looked absolutely stunning as always. So I get a bit irritated when people say that "VFR is not possible anymore" and stuff like that. I admit that it there are areas in the world where it is not opimal, though. 🙂

Yea, I'm sorry for that, but I'm very sad and frustrated at the moment and dramatizes a bit, I will probably fly in better areas until Asobo comes with a fix. 😥

I'm tired of whining, so I'm over and out.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

I am a big MSFS supporter and I would continue. But today my flights are really too bad to continue to fly even with new installation , ultra settings and a completely empty Community.

WwrsMO9.jpg

Xd1iKUg.jpg

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Yep, Asobo have released some real clunkers  when updating the sim but this time they have really outdone themselves. 

It’s time for them to stop introducing new half baked features and focus on nothing but fixing! Or maybe they can all take a 10 year holiday and leave the office to the Working Title team. 

• Like 3

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

13 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Yep, Asobo have released some real clunkers  when updating the sim but this time they have really outdone themselves. 

It’s time for them to stop introducing new half baked features and focus on nothing but fixing! Or maybe they can all take a 10 year holiday and leave the office to the Working Title team. 

or even better they can leave it out to those out here who like enjoy themselves making mods and stop Crippling the simulator with silly blocks and limitations as they truly breaking the good work done !!

Edited by arsenal82
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

Yea, I'm sorry for that, but I'm very sad and frustrated at the moment and dramatizes a bit, I will probably fly in better areas until Asobo comes with a fix. 😥

I'm tired of whining, so I'm over and out.

Ok, I hope you'll find some nice places to fly!

I took a small tour from ESOL to around ESSK and then looked at the ground textures at Gävle. Scandinavia really needs love from Asobo, there even where satellite images with clouds on it and I have to admit that in areas with a very flat landscape the limited LOD does not look good at all.

With LOD 500 I could clearly recognize ESSK over my right wing from 8 nm out, but behind that the landscape was blurry and featureless. I had fps around 30 with Rendering setting at 80 (this is what I usually use as a compromize so my fps don't go abbysmal in 4k).

ESSK from 7.5 nm

Same view, max zoom.

With the working Tree LOD this most likely must have looked better.

7 hours ago, Krakin said:

You cannot blame Asobo, they're mods. Are you suggesting Asobo will have to keep track of and cater to every mod out there when they roll updates out? That's beyond unreasonable.

No one is saying that.  What was actually promised by Asobo was having the trees extend out as far away from the aircraft by default.  All the mods did was a band aide approach until Asobo resolved the issue.  Now they can't even do that.  Asobo went backwards not forward.

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Unfortunately this is what you get when you have 30 branches of development and testing in parallel - really hope we get more stability once XBox / DX12 development streams are done...

• Like 1

You guys are doing it wrong... just fly over water or deserts and this won’t be an issue 😉 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Ok, I hope you'll find some nice places to fly!

I took a small tour from ESOL to around ESSK and then looked at the ground textures at Gävle. Scandinavia really needs love from Asobo, there even where satellite images with clouds on it and I have to admit that in areas with a very flat landscape the limited LOD does not look good at all.

With LOD 500 I could clearly recognize ESSK over my right wing from 8 nm out, but behind that the landscape was blurry and featureless. I had fps around 30 with Rendering setting at 80 (this is what I usually use as a compromize so my fps don't go abbysmal in 4k).

ESSK from 7.5 nm

Same view, max zoom.

With the working Tree LOD this most likely must have looked better.

Before the patch it looked really good with dense spruce and pine forest all around you miles ahead , just as it does in real life.

• Like 1

I am not getting pop ups and are not overly bothered by the lack of trees in the far distance. 

For me the biggest issue is in mountain areas where there are rivers and roads running down the distant mountain sides, without the tree fix to hide them they get rendered as wide stripes sometimes.

• Like 1