Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

4 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

10 to 12 is not bad at all.

My 10-asobo_species.xml is already edited since I am using my own seasons mod  for it. Maybe that's why I see more trees in distance. 200 will not show me that far. I found the right number for my system which was above 35 fps at 600 LOD. Every PC is different. I tried 700 but it was too much.

I have my own vegetation "mod" I've had in place for 3-4 months. It has worked very well for me along with a terrainlod setting of 3.0. The change with this week's update has thrown that off a bit, and I have found my mod works fine with a new terrainlod setting of 3.75. I will of course keep monitoring this in different areas to see if it remains pleasing and satisfactory to me.

Ken

8 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Did you update your add-on already on simmarket? What visibility range would you get with LOD 400. If you don't mind, you may test on Vancouver Island.

I did update but it wasn't about LOD. I will test Vancouver.

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

38 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Did you update your add-on already on simmarket? What visibility range would you get with LOD 400. If you don't mind, you may test on Vancouver Island.

First one is 400 LOD and second one is 600 LOD.

Vancouver Island 400 LOD:

Vancouver Island 600 LOD:

Edited by BijanStudio

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

19 minutes ago, BijanStudio said:

Hi Bijan,

It would be interesting to do this same experience in Europe or more precisely in North West of France on a very flat ground.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, BijanStudio said:

Thanks for testing and sharing. I have now tried your add-on. Unfortunately, its performance  impact on my system is too heavy: +4 GB RAM usage, -10 to -12 fps @ LOD 400, compared to my own tweaks (see above).

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

57 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Thanks for testing and sharing. I have now tried your add-on. Unfortunately, its performance  impact on my system is too heavy: +4 GB RAM usage, -10 to -12 fps @ LOD 400, compared to my own tweaks (see above).

Are you using FSX imported plane ? That's the important factor to be do this as I mentioned in my original post.

Gaming Laptop:

9 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Are you using FSX imported plane ? That's the important factor to be do this as I mentioned in my original post.

No. But as I said, with my "own" tweaks I get a visibility range of 10-12 nm with a reasonable performance (30-32 fps, 22 GB RAM usage) in rural areas. If I'm using your package at the same settings/conditions I'm getting only 18-20 fps (26 GB RAM usage). My test is always the same. TBM 930, T/O CYZA RW 25, then dir 300, climb until 4500ft and flying some larger circles.

EDIT: after some testing the next day I have to correct. FPS with you add-on is in the same range. Don't know what happened during the first testings. Visibilty range is max 10-12 (LOD 450) Tree pop-ups is more visible because of darker tree textures (summer package)

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I change the LOD in the UserCfg.opt for different values turn the file propertie to read only and checked with the drone view from a good height record it compare it and same poor distance (with and without Bijan V4.01)

2 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

I change the LOD in the UserCfg.opt for different values turn the file propertie to read only and checked with the drone view from a good height record it compare it and same poor distance (with and without Bijan V4.01)

I did the same (LOD @ 450), but prefer https://flightsim.to/file/5318/vegetation-draw-distance-fix settings 100-150. From the cockpit view I see an increase from 4-5 nm (default) To 9-10 nm. That's still not enough and with a drone it looks awful. But from cockpit view in can be acceptable when the weather is not too clear.

I guess that's the maximum we can get currently. Too sad. I really don't understand MS/ASOBO why are they doing this .

- Harry 

I wish they would quit nurfing our graphics just so it’ll run on the Xbox,who would even take simming seriously on Xbox? I’ve played war thunder on PS4 and it sucks due to a clack of controls can’t even imagine a sim on a console. As for now back to XP11,if they ever get this sorted out I’ll come back but I’m tired of Beta simulator 2020, honestly the sim was better in Alpha.... Last year when I was testing it

Edited by z06z33

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.