Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

1 hour ago, kapitan said:

so sorry that I am unable to read thru the 21 pages.

I desperately need trees to be reduced cause Sugar Loaf in Rio airport SBRJ has trees that are 30% the height of the peak itself, while in real life you dont notice the trees at all, just some green spots,

Is there a work-around or we must wait for an update from the tree file mod?

tks

You could try Trees_Distance_Draw_Fix(40-55), the Smaller Trees version. You can choose which one after downloading.

https://flightsim.to/file/5318/vegetation-draw-distance-fix

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

1 hour ago, Republic3D said:

You could try Trees_Distance_Draw_Fix(40-55), the Smaller Trees version. You can choose which one after downloading.

https://flightsim.to/file/5318/vegetation-draw-distance-fix

This doesn't work.  Asobo will have to reverse what they locked up in Sim Update 3.

• Like 3

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Hello All,

Everyone has great points and I have been watching and listening..

I have been trying to enjoy this sim and have patience with it, but this tree draw issue really hurts as these mods(2 different developers, i believe ) really enhanced my experience around my home airport, which is full of trees around it.  It was truly night and day after installing these tree enhancements.  Along with the improved modded Longitude and other wonderful mods by the community, was very easy to overlook the issues/missing things we'd like to have.  Even had a similar though as "Will Fly for Cheese" that it's Xbox driven.....maybe after the release to Xbox, they'd have made the "project deliverables", and fixed their revenue stream....now, they could make the sim more of what we'd like to have...a PC version, maybe??

After this update sadly, I'm joining the "worried" chorus, well I have been worried a long while actually.  

Another example I experienced with Live weather:   Clouds on the ground...misty foggy at mid afternoon, Partly Cloudy at 82F degrees....No!, not here in KJAN much this time of year.  Mornings maybe, but not the afternoon....Yes, they did mention they are still "working" on it but...???...them blocking a reputable 3rd party, smelling a rat...I understand about companies protecting their data, but...we are not getting what we've paid for..

I watched the previous Q/A and this latest one, they(the Q/A sessions) seemed to be increasing disjointed and rambling on topics(especially this last one), saying "yes" or "we know" to every question and it just seemed false(started to seem) to me.  One instance. they're focusing on a deep aspect of 1 plane (something that a great 3rd party developer could shine at) and with "major" issues of the sim looming, seemingly ignored, introducing new issues seemingly with each update......it's starting not to be Ok.  The last Q/A or Dev update, we saw/heard more pilots are coming on board to advise?  

What Happened???  Especially after this update....Ok, Ok...

But the tree draw distance was a huge hit/let down for me personally.  The Sim Update 3 not being what it seemed touted to be(Garmin Fixes Weather...repeat, starting not to be Ok...Don't mind delays, but misspeaking/ bait switch...that's not right, worth a "blank"...

STILL gonna hold my breath that maybe after the "summer", things will start to move ahead...I even bought a new Radio Panel 🙂 

I love the sim and it's potential...should they fix these issues, how ever long, I'm great with that...but it's seeming to go the other way now...sadly!!!

It's like they've made this breakthrough product BUT in breaking through, they're damaged/broken after breaking thru(another thought in my head)

Pretty disappointed at this stage, but will TRY and remain positive, but feeling what the reality may be.

Thanks All,

Cheers from the South USA,

RBeard 

• Like 2

I'm with you.  Hoping someone else gets a similar scenery engine going.  Wish list; P3D v5.X with Google earth scenery.  Starting to think I may want to get P3D v 5 installed as a back-up, regardless.  Maybe I should go fly helis for a while in P3D 4.5 until this all shakes out.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dillon said:

This doesn't work.  Asobo will have to reverse what they locked up in Sim Update 3.

My impression is it does help a little, just not near as much as before.

I have tested all three LOD fixes, but none of them work optimally, the one that works best for me in Ultra settings, but with a small margin is "FS Blog Trees Draw Distance Fix v3.1."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

2 hours ago, Ixoye said:

I have tested all three LOD fixes, but none of them work optimally, the one that works best for me in Ultra settings, but with a small margin is "FS Blog Trees Draw Distance Fix v3.1."

Same for me

• Like 2

On 3/12/2021 at 7:44 AM, Ixoye said:

If they are worried that performance of X-Box will suffer, why can't they lock the tree LOD for X-Box and set it free for PC? I can't understand why they do this.

I've read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't allow PC games to look too much better than XBox games for games that are released on both platforms. This sounds silly to me, but it's a theory that's out there. Maybe it's an XBox Live thing? Tomb Raider looks markedly better on PC than console (though it looks pretty good on console as well), so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Keto Ketchup
clarity

2 minutes ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I've read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't allow PC games to look too much better than XBox games for games that are released on both platforms. This sounds silly to me, but it's a theory that's out there. Maybe it's an XBox Live thing? Tomb Raider looks markedly better on PC than console (though it looks pretty good on console as well), so who knows. 🤷‍♂️

I read somewhere, I heard somewhere, people are saying, there's theory out there....don't mean anything to me.

29 minutes ago, desbean said:

I read somewhere, I heard somewhere, people are saying, there's theory out there....don't mean anything to me.

Fair enough, but with the lack of feedback we get, there is bound to be so much speculation - it leaves a vacuum for it.
People are trying to find answers, and even give Asobo a helping hand if they can find the source of the issues.  Most things start with a theory, or there is nothing! :biggrin:

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, Keto Ketchup said:

I've read somewhere that Microsoft doesn't allow PC games to look too much better than XBox games for games that are released on both platforms

I've seen a lot of tiresome, baseless speculation here on AVSim, but this is the worst I've seen in a long time.

8 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

I've seen a lot of tiresome, baseless speculation here on AVSim, but this is the worst I've seen in a long time.

This is why I don't have a Facebook/Twitter account.  PC games have always looked better than console games and as of late PC versions still outpace the same version on consoles.  I don't believe this has anything to do with XBOX but rather someone not paying attention and/or clueless about the platform their developing for.  Add to that no real QA oversite plan both inhouse and out using the community as 2nd tier testing before a mass update is put out. We all shouldn't be forces to update until most can verify there's no issues.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2