Sign in to follow this  
Ixoye

Tree distance fix is no longer compatible.

6 hours ago, MarcG said:

I find the whole reasoning to Vote on Bugs amazingly redundant 

Basing development priorities on forum votes has no rational basis whatsoever.  Results are going to be skewed in some cases by popular but misinformed opinions and in other cases by dedicated campaigns by small groups with a narrow set of needs.

The only rational reason to put so much focus on forum votes is for PR spin, it makes it look like Asobo cares about the users opinions and is being "democratic" .

To be brutally honest though the biggest issue is this - the MSFS team seems to have plenty of Marketing/PR people, Software developers, graphic artists and even the odd real life pilot but you hear very little about how many aerodynamic engineers they have.  

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Oh .. yeah .. well that had devolved into a long rant by numerous people pushing conspiracy theories that the change was some secret plot to nerf the PC version to make the XBox version look better.  Not surprising it got locked.

As I said above, vote on this one:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-a-vegetation-render-distance-slider/377547/10

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Oh .. yeah .. well that had devolved into a long rant by numerous people pushing conspiracy theories that the change was some secret plot to nerf the PC version to make the XBox version look better.  Not surprising it got locked.

As I said above, vote on this one:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-add-a-vegetation-render-distance-slider/377547/10

Yes please vote as that's the less confrontational aka "the pretty please thread" . (Although i must admit i im glad they still get a feel for the heat they are generating for breaking stuff) before they closed it.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

7 hours ago, Phantoms said:

You are confusing tree texture quality with tree draw distance.

Nope If you watch my video at 0.51 and 1.06 you will see that, before update 3 and without fix, ULTRA, HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW settings impact also the tree drawing distance.

Edited by Virtual Flight Realm
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

Nope If you watch my video at 0.51 and 1.06 you will see that, before update 3 and without fix, ULTRA, HIGH, MEDIUM and LOW settings impact also the tree drawing distance.

Ultra Trees has always increased tree draw distance by a small amount (maybe 20% more? hard to say) 

Ultra Buildings does the same with building draw distance.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 minute ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Ultra has always increased tree draw distance by a small amount (maybe 20% more? hard to say) 

Ultra Buildings does the same with building draw distance.

It still does after update 3 but more severely

14 hours ago, Virtual Flight Realm said:

In fact the slider is/was there ultra, high, medium, ... to display trees at several distances

Before the update 3

Standard LOW settings before the patch look better for me than ULTRA settings with LOD fix after the patch, it's awful.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |