Sign in to follow this  
IDLE POWER

QW787 Keeps Crashing

Hello

So i started a flight from JFK to LHR on the qw787. On the first try it crashed right at the gate. The second time i tookoff and used the jump ahead feauture to skip some waypoints and save some time. Then when i started my descent again it crashed. Crashing in the sense the pc just closes down. When i start it once again the plane is reloaded but then the joystick connection is lost.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

any help will be appreciated

Do you get any error message before the crash? Do you use any add-on scenery for JFK? The reason I ask is that the QW 787 is very resource intensive and if you combine that with a resource intensive airport (eg FSDT  KJFK) you could easily hit the 4GB threshold for an out of memory (OOM) crash. OOMs however are usually preceded by an error message and usually just cause FSX to crash rather than causing your computer to shut down, which seems to be what you are describing.

Bill

Check your computer's Event Viewer.  Look for errors pertaining to FSX.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In the event Viewer the issue looked like started from a DPTF error. Then at the point where my pc shut down there are many errors of Bonjour Service.  I also notice that razer cortex[What is use for performance optimization] Handled a so called''PowerEvent". But i got many bonjour service errors at the time my pc shut down. 

Edited by IDLE POWER

I’ve had the QW 787 for a few years but have never come across DTPF or Bonjour Service errors and I’m not familiar with razer cortex. Has this problem occurred with any other addon aircraft? 

It might be worth raising the issue over at the Quality Wings 787 support forum 

http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/ultimate-787-collection-support_forums_cat8.html

Bill