Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hall

Progress window and MFD information...

W10 - P3D5.1.12.26829 (installed/updates 2-days ago) - LNM v2.6.10 - AIRAC 2102.

Since updating P3D5 and LNM I have a few questions.

There used be a flight 'progress' window which indicated flight length; distance to go; height (current above MSL) and current height above ground. These are not available now! Unless (of course) I am looking in the wrong place(s).

Also - in the MFD screen when using a plan at the bottom of the screen shows VOR1 and VOR2 when in 'Nav mode'. During auto-cruise (GPS button and VOR/LOC on my GoFlight MCPPro) the VOR1 screen position used to show next waypoint name and distance; VOR2 position showed destination code (eg LOWI) and distance to go.

Since the updates these VOR positions now show VOR1 with the next VOR name but showing distance to next waypoint (unnamed); VOR2 position shows tuned VOR station name and distance.

I must say that the previous details of next waypoint name and distance and destination distance to go to be of more use.

Since observing these 'changes' I have uninstalled LNM together with the folder ABarthel, rebooted the system and reinstalled LNM, run the P3D database, installed the AIRAC, re-run P3D5 with a new plan...still as above!

Are these 'changes' now correct - or - am I missing something?

Apologies in advance for heaping this upon you 🥵

Thanks for what assistance you are able to give.

Ken 😉

Edited by Ken Hall
error!

Old enough to know better...
...young enough to do most of it again!

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

Hi Ken,

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

There used be a flight 'progress' window which indicated flight length; distance to go; height (current above MSL) and current height above ground. These are not available now! Unless (of course) I am looking in the wrong place(s).

This might be hidden in a tab stack on the lower right corner (https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/TABS.html). See screenshot in the manual showing a "Search"/"Aircraft Progress" tab bar above the elevation profile.

This is the new default layout to avoid issues with the elevation profile. Fastest way to get to the progress window is to press F12.

2 hours ago, Ken Hall said:

Also - in the MFD screen when using a plan at the bottom of the screen shows VOR1 and VOR2 when in 'Nav mode'. During auto-cruise (GPS button and VOR/LOC on my GoFlight MCPPro) the VOR1 screen position used to show next waypoint name and distance; VOR2 position showed destination code (eg LOWI) and distance to go.

Since the updates these VOR positions now show VOR1 with the next VOR name but showing distance to next waypoint (unnamed); VOR2 position shows tuned VOR station name and distance.

I'm afraid I don't understand. LNM does not interact with GoFlight or a MFD in the aircraft and does not read VOR1 or VOR2 aircraft settings at all. VOR information is shown in LNM if you click one. Can you post a screenshot?

Alex

Hi Alex ~~~ images sent via 'We TRansfer'...

Thanks for your input - F12 brings up the details I wanted. Never used that short-cut previously as it was part of the 'information' window'!

Is there an archive of previous versions of LNM?

I would like to try the version which I know gave me the details I wanted together with the MFD detail of destination distance...

Thanks for your time.

Ken 😉

System: Chillblast (Matt Davies designed) Intel i5-6600 Sklylake CPU O/C to 4.4 GHz; Liquid Cooled; Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MoBo; MSI GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb; 16Gb Corsair Crucial DDR4 RAM; SSD plus SSHD drives; Windows-10.
GF MCP-Pro and EFIS + 8 other GF Modules, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo units, Saitek Pedals, Iiyama 19" x 2, 40" smart TV.

50 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Hi Alex ~~~ images sent via 'We TRansfer'...

Please add the images in the future inline as described here:

It's a bit cumbersome for me to dig these out given the number of emails I get every day. 😦
Sorry, no idea what the MFD screenshots are. LNM has nothing to do with these.

51 minutes ago, Ken Hall said:

Thanks for your input - F12 brings up the details I wanted. Never used that short-cut previously as it was part of the 'information' window'!

Is there an archive of previous versions of LNM?

I would like to try the version which I know gave me the details I wanted together with the MFD detail of destination distance...

Absolutely no details have been removed with the last versions. The progress window and tabs did not change and were never a part of the information window. No need to use old versions although you can find these on my Github page.

You can open the progress window also from the window menu (Window -> Simulator Aircraft) and the toolbar.

Alex

Hi Alex,

please accept my sincere apologies!

The error/ommision was entirely MY fault...

I create my own 'hybrid' panels and had done so on the same day as updating LNM and P3D...

After much faffing about following your posts above and an installation of a previous LNM - having the same non-result -  I have spent a few hours on the problem before finding I had made an error in the new panel I was creating and had typed an incorrect gauge name!

Having found the error (and corrected it) I am pleased to say that I now have both waypoint and destination distances in the MFD screen 😀

Sorry to have wasted your time.

Ken 😉