Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Different issue... I cannot pull the mixture lever all the way down, it only goes part way..

• Like 1

Bert

8 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Different issue... I cannot pull the mixture lever all the way down, it only goes part way..

I noticed the same thing.  

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

26 minutes ago, Googlefluff said:

I believe I read in the manual that it has a mixture lock. Try looking for a switch near it.

"Mixture lever – the mixture lever is fitted with a lock. Left-click on the lock to disengage or engage it. The lock must be disengaged before the lever can be moved below 40%."

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Bert

A word of advice for those wondering whether to buy... in my opinion, never buy an airplane on day 1... until you have read reviews and heard from the folks here.I have made the mistake myself... and luckily been refunded after buying too hastily. A2A has been the exception in the past... day one purchases you know what you are getting. 

• Like 3

what is wrong with the plane ? 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

First impressions are quite good, I see myself spending a lot of time in this aircraft.  Sounds are great, flies nice, and I really love the worn cockpit.  The only issue I ran into is that when the GPS window is undocked the undocked window is always the GNS430 rather than whatever GPS you are currently using.  This makes it impossible to use the GNS530 with a RealSim gear GNS530 unit (or I assume any external hardware or other function that requires an undocked window).

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

12 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

what is wrong with the plane ? 

Not much at all, it's great, and even if there was, it would be patched ASAP. Just Flight doesn't abandon its products. That's the reason why I have over one hundred flight sim products bought from Just Flight in my account with them and pretty much all of those were bought on day one when they came out, stretching back to 2009 (plus I was buying boxed stuff from them in brick stores for many years before that too), and that includes numerous Piper PA-28s for several different sims. You don't do that with people who don't offer good product support.

If there's anything amiss with this one, I am confident it will be patched up and fixed in no time at all which is one of the reasons why I had no issue with buying it immediately, because if there had been a problem, they'd have sorted it out. Besides, they host the Flight Sim Show in the UK, so if you have a beef with them about something you bought from them, you can go and yell at them in person on their stand. 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 6

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Just tried the Piper out at YSDU-it flies beautifully!

Will be getting the Turbo Arrow once that’s released-enjoyed flying it in FSX and P3D.

Alienware m15 R7: Intel Core i7-12700H, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, nVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB, Windows 11 Home.

MacBook Air: M1, 2020 (7-core GPU), 8GB unified memory, macOS Ventura

iMac: mid-2017, Core i5 3GHz, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 555 2GB, macOS Ventura.

Sims: MSFS, X-Plane 10, 11 & 12.

8 hours ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Thanks Mace; I misread it.  I thought the turbo was ONLY the PA III, but I now see the new one will include the IV.  Decisions, decisions!

Its one of the biggest decisions you will make in your life.   Take your time and choose wisely.

• Like 4

My first impression.  VC textures are worse then default planes.  Very disappointed.  Looking out the windows looks like pixelated wax paper.  Flight model is very twitchy.  It’s like the rudder is making twitchy movement with no input.  Very disappointed overall with purchase.  I was expecting much more.  Just for comparison the A2A Cherokee for p3d is much better.  No contest.  

• Upvote 1

Matt Wilson

26 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

My first impression.  VC textures are worse then default planes.  Very disappointed.  Looking out the windows looks like pixelated wax paper.  Flight model is very twitchy.  It’s like the rudder is making twitchy movement with no input.  Very disappointed overall with purchase.  I was expecting much more.  Just for comparison the A2A Cherokee for p3d is much better.  No contest.  

Vc textures worse than default planes? 😐 Can you show us a screenshot to see how it looks on your side?

Juan Ramos

25 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

I guess they tried to replicated aged scratched tinted plexiglass, but yes may be they overdone it. But VC texture worse than default? I don't think so, not all airplanes look like they rolled just  out of the factory.

Twitchiness I guess is due to JF attempt to replicate stability. Pipers inherently more stable than Cessna 172, also more heavier on rudder. Many of my students who learnt to fly in 172 struggle initially transition to PA28 later. One student in particular compared  PA28 after 172 is like switching from sedan to bus 🙂

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

This is the first aircraft I've paid for in MSFS2020. I'm normally more about the airliners but this bird is a good time. I have a few hundred hours in real life of various PA28 aircraft, although that was a long time ago, and this brings back many fond memories. First flight was about an hour long and spent trying to remember how things worked. I enjoyed this immensely. No I didn't spoil the fun by reading the manual but it's really nice that they included one. Also enjoyed the old panel, just like I used to fly. I even pulled out a sectional and played with swinging some VOR needles. The second flight was about an hour and a half and I was still having a blast. Used the Garman, figured out the DME, dialed up an ADF and even figured out how to slave the auto pilot to the GPS. Had a good laugh when the GPS said that I had 60 some miles to my destination and that it would take about 30 minutes to get there. That can't be right...oh yeah I'm going about 115kts. Anyway, thank you Just Flight! I think I'm going to enjoy this aircraft for many hours to come. Well worth the cost of entry. My only request at this point, figure out how to get AM stations in sim so I can listen to them on the ADF. : )

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

"Mixture lever – the mixture lever is fitted with a lock. Left-click on the lock to disengage or engage it. The lock must be disengaged before the lever can be moved below 40%."

I don't know for sure because I haven't tried it, but I believe you can also use the spoiler binding ( / ) on the keyboard to disengage or engage it.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker