Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

19 hours ago, Treetops45 said:

I just found in my P3D hangar, the JF Turbo III & IV.

I wonder how they fit into the MSFS Arrow III discount schedule, if at all?

T45

You can get a discount on the Turbo when it comes out as a previous owner of the Turbo.  Hope that helps.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Pilot53 said:

Oh ok, thats good to hear!

Icing being worked on now, good progress should be added within the next few days. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, JustFlightScott said:

I have asked about it too but if you've gone to support that will help.  I'll see what comes up when looking at this.

I did, in fact i have 7 tickets in total

Juan Ramos

14 hours ago, Chock said:

Not much at all, it's great, and even if there was, it would be patched ASAP. Just Flight doesn't abandon its products. That's the reason why I have over one hundred flight sim products bought from Just Flight in my account with them and pretty much all of those were bought on day one when they came out, stretching back to 2009 (plus I was buying boxed stuff from them in brick stores for many years before that too), and that includes numerous Piper PA-28s for several different sims. You don't do that with people who don't offer good product support.

If there's anything amiss with this one, I am confident it will be patched up and fixed in no time at all which is one of the reasons why I had no issue with buying it immediately, because if there had been a problem, they'd have sorted it out. Besides, they host the Flight Sim Show in the UK, so if you have a beef with them about something you bought from them, you can go and yell at them in person on their stand. 🤣

Please don't do that we're already under enough stress at the Cosford show.  Spare us please... 🙂

8 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I do not think Just Flight try to compete on price.  For example their shop price for the G91 is substantially dearer than what Sim Market charge for exactly the same addon.

We sell at the price we're told, it's a third party product w can't dictate what we sell those planes for.  Don't forget the price you see on our site is the price you pay, no tax added at checkout or in the cart.

13 hours ago, mpw8679 said:

My first impression.  VC textures are worse then default planes.  Very disappointed.  Looking out the windows looks like pixelated wax paper.  Flight model is very twitchy.  It’s like the rudder is making twitchy movement with no input.  Very disappointed overall with purchase.  I was expecting much more.  Just for comparison the A2A Cherokee for p3d is much better.  No contest.  

Down to opinion I guess but come on they are not worse than default planes.  Anyone who has issues with the textures really needs to test or look at settings because here are what the textures look like in the VC for us and many other users. 

Also anyone talking about this being a port is widely off the mark.  There's not a reused assets from either the XP or P3D version.  This is all new stuff, PBR's etc.  Decals are used in places but not everywhere, we think everything looks sharp as required and lots seem to agree.  If the plane doesn't do it for people that's fine but there needs to be some balance here, see these pics...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/UxjYVwgmLF8mq8Bn8

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xFRL8GSxpKAyesag9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MDPxi9MYwU1eeqwA6

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QoJHnK7EKsnFKPNbA

https://photos.app.goo.gl/QoJHnK7EKsnFKPNbA

Even some compression gone on there.  Sorry for links and not pics, something went wrong there.

Edited by JustFlightScott
  • Like 3

I guess I will pass on this addon, if we had the option of buying turbo or non turbo the same day I would have bought it.

Anyway the CRJ is less than a week away

Just now, bendead said:

I guess I will pass on this addon, if we had the option of buying turbo or non turbo the same day I would have bought it.

Anyway the CRJ is less than a week away

No problem.  The Turbo version will be available in a couple of weeks when you will also have the option of buying a bundle at that point if you wish.  Or you might well still be busy with the CRJ of course. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Guys, the more I spend time on Internet these days the more I realize it´s increasingly becoming a basin where people vomit their frustrations. Good job JF. Really like the Arrow. Well done. 

Edited by Aristoteles
  • Like 15
  • Upvote 1

Iñigo Bildarratz

8 hours ago, Bilbosmeggins said:

Quite a few people disappointed with the quality of textures. So, has anyone tried it in VR, and, if so, how legible is the instrument panel? I only fly VR, and don’t want to purchase a plane whose dials I cannot read.

I find it looks great with my Oculus Quest 2 (Render resolution at 80 and SS at 1.6).

Dials are perfectly readable and so are the text for the various switches and controls.

It's not a "Wow" feeling, but it looks nice (and worn if You like that, though it can be changed to a less worn look).

I haven´t flown alot in it yet, but so far I really like it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

13 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Guys, the more I spend time on Internet these days the more I realize it´s increasingly becoming a basin where people vomit their frustrations. Good job JF. Really like the Arrow. Well done. 

Exactly. Some of the comments here are borderline absurd. It looks fantastic. Well done JF.  

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Aristoteles said:

Agreed Arrow is great! With Piaggio JF Arrow are on the top of the food chain in MSFS in the moment. I hundredth of hours in Arrow flying and instructing. I really don't care what other people say LOL

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I was going to grab this today, but the wildly differing views have me now in a quandry.

There's an excellent You Tube video from an Irish instructor saying it's like the real thing; and a bunch of others saying it's nothing like it.

I've seen amazingly crisp cockpit textures... and a bunch of criticisms that it's FSX/P3D level.

I can't recall that degree of variation about pretty much any addon, ever (and I've been around a bit).

I think I'm gonna wait.  JF - if you want to sort out the waiters among us, I think you need to reduce your prices.  £30 is FSX/P3D.  Make it £20, and I'm in.  I think that's the new world - and when the XBox version lands, it's going to make you a fortune.  Sell more, for less.

But the reviews are so wildly varied that I'm not prepared to go over the odds today for a sim where I can fly the CJ4 for nowt.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Paul Skol

11 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

I was going to grab this today, but the wildly differing views have me now in a quandry.

There's an excellent You Tube video from an Irish instructor saying it's like the real thing; and a bunch of others saying it's nothing like it.

I've seen amazingly crisp cockpit textures... and a bunch of criticisms that it's FSX/P3D level.

I can't recall that degree of variation about pretty much any addon, ever (and I've been around a bit).

I think I'm gonna wait.  JF - if you want to sort out the waiters among us, I think you need to reduce your prices.  £30 is FSX/P3D.  Make it £20, and I'm in.  I think that's the new world - and when the XBox version lands, it's going to make you a fortune.  Sell more, for less.

But the reviews are so wildly varied that I'm not prepared to go over the odds today for a sim where I can fly the CJ4 for nowt.

To me, the only thing missing is the frost effect. Everything else is great. If you use the cockpit like a normal human being you will be satisfied. If you're one of those who like to magnify everything to 16X then look elsewhere.

Regarding its flying characteristics, well, you need to chose who you listen. You can find "Wildy differing views" about anything. Are you sure the earth is a sphere? go ask and see 😆

To me this one feels solid and satisfies my thirst for a quality GA plane. Now i want the turbo too

• Like 3

Juan Ramos

10 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

Yeah ok Paul.  After a few thousand have just gone and spent the going price on it we'll knock the price down so you''re able to come and join the party.  🙂

Not going to happen. If you're not keen on the price fair enough, leave it alone.  I'll do you a deal if you buy and you think it's not worthy of your time come to me and I'll personally sort you a refund.

This product is top drawer and is worth ever penny/pound. I reckon you'll still be flying it in a years time maybe after that.  And that for £30!  I spent that up the supermarket early doors today and within the next couple of hours all that I bought will be gone forever.  

This is in our opinion and luckily in lots of other people's opinion currently the best aircraft you'll have in this already tremendous sim.  There are loads of YT videos where the narrator tells you how good it is.  Where are the other saying it's not realistic and nothing like it, I'd like to see them.

We also know there is further work to do on it, the SDK and all that made this an absolute challenge but we battled on and added features and new stuff that hadn't been done yet.  Some needs refining but we'll get there.  We could have delayed until Christmas but you know what, after release there will have been folk finding faults and we'd be making further tweaks and improvements even then.

It's no simple task this FS development lark, often you're on a hiding to nothing but we crack on, do the best job we can and we price accordingly, we've done the same for 25 years now so think we've got more right than wrong, but what do we know.  🙂

I'd say go for it on the basis of the deal I offer above, you won't regret it. But ultimately your call Paul. 

Take care!

• Like 9
  • Upvote 3