Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Brilliant plane, I use it in VR and it is by far the best plane yet. 

Ive managed to setup all switches etc to my bravo and alpha. Only one thing left, how do I turn off the avionics before engine shutdown?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Brilliant plane, I use it in VR and it is by far the best plane yet. 

Ive managed to setup all switches etc to my bravo and alpha. Only one thing left, how do I turn off the avionics before engine shutdown?

Cool how did you set up that yoke, did you just copy the alpha profile and modify a new one and switch to that before flying the arrow,thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

10 minutes ago, Jetman67 said:

Cool how did you set up that yoke, did you just copy the alpha profile and modify a new one and switch to that before flying the arrow,thanks

I use Vjoy, so, I all ready have all my keys setup in Vjoy. So, I just created a new profile in MSFS for the plane and then assigned the switches to it. I have managed them all except the avionics. 

Just now, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I use Vjoy, so, I all ready have all my keys setup in Vjoy. So, I just created a new profile in MSFS for the plane and then assigned the switches to it. I have managed them all except the avionics. 

Thanks for that

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Someone said you have to use the circuit breaker I think Ian.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, flyinion said:

Is that 530 mod compatible with the WT and FBW stuff?  Right now I'm able to leave WT G1000/3000, TBM930 mod, FBW A32NX, and WT CJ4 all in together as they're compatible.  Just wondering if the 530 will conflict with any of them so I swap stuff out if needed.

Fully compatible. I've had all those mods you listed above in my community folder for months and no issues.

16 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

If you could clarify what you mean by originals as a base - that would be great. And in what Sim Versions we're talking about here.

I'm hoping everything in MSFS 2020 is going to be for the new sim - and indeed, willing to pay for that.

Thanks.

The original as a base just refers to using the 3D Model that we have developed already as the base, it's simply the starting point. Doing that again from scratch would be a complete waste of time as I'm sure you'll agree.

The rest is native MSFS work it really is and in no way shape or form a 'port'.

It's pointless going into absolute detail but the animations, the detail, the features, the textures..everything is new and purposefully built for the sim.   How people, and this isn't aimed at you of course, think we'd be interested in just 'porting' something across is plain silly.  Not our style and not a business decision that would make sense to us.

Hope that helps. 

Edited by JustFlightScott
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Cognita said:

I bought this tonight and and am looking forward to my first flight! Thank you all for your reviews and thoughts; they helped me make a decision, but I was most convinced by the engagement of Just Flight in the forum, their dedication and commitment to the product really came through.

Thanks for that and for your custom.   Really hope you enjoy it. 

4 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

My thoughts after a short flight and 2 landings:

• Flight model seems very well tuned. (I highly recommend straight linear response curves for controls, it seems to be tuned with that in mind.  Stacking non-linear curves on top of this tuning might detract from the good work that has been done.)
  • Taxis easily.
  • Needs some right rudder on takeoff (expected due to P-factor) but once you get the hang of it it’s very controllable.
  • Trims very nicely for a constant climb rate or level flight. The trim behavior was so good that I did not use the 'convenience' click-spot alt hold (which the real aircraft doesn't have but JF has helpfully included, great decision) at all on my test flights. Many of the stock aircraft seem hard to trim (pitch unstable so they bounce back and forth a lot), this seems much more realistic.
  • Very stable in turns, doesn’t have the ‘shuddering’ that some of the stock Asobo aircraft has, holds a bank angle nicely through a turn.
  • Very very well behaved on short final, roundout, and flare. Comes in on final nicely with full flaps, drag seems well tuned. Responds well to changes in power to control descent rate. Easy to fly along 6 inches above runway for a little bit and really grease the landing. Great touchdowns the very first two times I landed it. It has a feeling of stability and inertia to it during landing that the stock aircraft don’t have.
    • A contender with the Turbo Bonanza mod for "awesomest feeling flare in a GA aircraft", which is saying a LOT.
    • Whoever tuned the elevator effectiveness vs speed on this flight model did an excellent job.  I know it takes many many many hours to tune a flight model in the sim to this level.
  • Stalls and spins seem well modeled. Without power it just mushes without a clean stall break which I’ve read is generally correct for a Piper. With some power you can get it to stall and drop a wing, but easy to recover from the spin.
  • The sounds seem well done. Stall horn especially has a nice sound to it. Switches, knobs, etc all have sounds that match what they are doing and give a nice tactile feeling.  The 'gear unsafe' warning is suitably annoying.

The one downside is I do think some of the interior textures could be improved a bit.  There is nothing super glaring in the ‘normal’ cockpit views, but for instance if you turn around behind you while maintaining the ‘default’ head position there is a knob in the ceiling which is indeed interact-able and has a very rough looking label on it, in the default zoom and head position, even without any 'pixel peeping'. Weighed against a flight model that put a huge smile on my face on the very first landing............I don't think it's a huge issue.

I haven't had a chance to play around too much with the avionics, hopefully over the weekend.

Can't wait for the two Turbo models 🙂

Nice summary and good to see you're getting something out of it.

On the texture issue, for the interior there's always going to be a bit of trade-off with visuals against performance. We hope it looks sharp and good enough for it's purpose and the fact performance doesn't suffer is always a plus for us.  

If you or anyone else really compares their visuals/textures with the photos I posted yesterday or with the shots on the product page and sees a marked difference and you have checked your settings and you still see an issue please do get in touch with our support team who can take a look for you.  You really should be seeing what we see and those pics represent just that. 

Turbo models are progressing well, shouldn't be too far off. 

• Like 1

I read on one of the posts that you can change from a worn cockpit to a new one. How is that done? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I've seen a few people now recommend using linear response curves for pitch and roll...easy enough to just create a new profile.  Just wondering if that is what Just Flight had in mind when tuning the flight model.

Just an update about my interior texture complaint.  I switched to the clean VC texture set and am much more impressed.  The clear windows makes a huge difference.  

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

28 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I read on one of the posts that you can change from a worn cockpit to a new one. How is that done? 

Just copy the textures from this folder:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\Cockpit\Clean

Into this folder and overwrite the existing files:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\TEXTURE.VC

• Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Just now, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Is it better then Carenado M20R Ovation?

If you like a bit more system functionality and realism, then yes, it is better.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here