Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

Another bug?
When the chocks and tiedowns are switched on via the EFB I can hear the sounds but switch to an external camera and they are not there.
If however I translate the internal cam to the outside they are visible.
I just can't see them on the external cam.

Anyone else?

Blackrat

Hopefully I didn't miss any of these points in the 19 pages of this thread I read through 🙂

Couple bugs I have found

- No stall characteristics, I can keep gliding this for hours without a wing stall

- None of the lights or BATT/AVIONICS work with the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo switches

- Toe brakes are not simulated

- Audio is not simulated when you open the storm window or doors (being able to hear another aircraft near you for example when stationary)

Other than that, fantastic aircraft that I will be primarily be using for a while 🙂 8/10

Can someone comment on the interior night lighting, is it just on/off or is it adjustable ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

13 minutes ago, Tim-HH said:

Just copy the textures from this folder:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\Cockpit\Clean

Into this folder and overwrite the existing files:

...\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii\SimObjects\Airplanes\JF_PA28_Arrow\TEXTURE.VC

Thanks

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, booms_sys said:

None of the lights or BATT/AVIONICS work with the Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo switches

They do work, however they use different toggle settings in the msfs controller setup, so you have to re map them to a new profile. 

Are you doing the Warrior II as well like you did for P3D? Since I fly the Warrior IRL its more interesting to me personally without the retractable landign gear etc. 

Edited by mikced76

9 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Can someone comment on the interior night lighting, is it just on/off or is it adjustable ?

There's an overhead cabin night light (red light) that's dim-able, the gauge lights are dim-able and the panel back-lights are dim-able.

• Upvote 1

James

Another weird question but if I get the P3D version today do we still get a discount for MSFS version ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

The original as a base just refers to using the 3D Model that we have developed already as the base, it's simply the starting point. Doing that again from scratch would be a complete waste of time as I'm sure you'll agree.

The rest is native MSFS work it really is and in no way shape or form a 'port'.

It's pointless going into absolute detail but the animations, the detail, the features, the textures..everything is new and purposefully built for the sim.   How people, and this isn't aimed at you of course, think we'd be interested in just 'porting' something across is plain silly.  Not our style and not a business decision that would make sense to us.

Hope that helps. 

Okay, so you're confirming the Textures are brand new from the ground up for MSFS 2020?

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

The original as a base just refers to using the 3D Model that we have developed already as the base, it's simply the starting point. Doing that again from scratch would be a complete waste of time as I'm sure you'll agree.

The rest is native MSFS work it really is and in no way shape or form a 'port'.

It's pointless going into absolute detail but the animations, the detail, the features, the textures..everything is new and purposefully built for the sim.   How people, and this isn't aimed at you of course, think we'd be interested in just 'porting' something across is plain silly.  Not our style and not a business decision that would make sense to us.

Hope that helps. 

Just want to be sure.

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

They do work, however they use different toggle settings in the msfs controller setup, so you have to re map them to a new profile. 

I noticed they work when bound to the "Toggle" bindings.  Is there any other way to get them to bind properly?  Binding them to toggle gives the annoying constant clicking sound, since the toggle button is being held by the swtich.  Same with the lights and avionics switches. 

1 minute ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Okay, so you're confirming the Textures are brand new from the ground up for MSFS 2020?

You can obviously read because you're using an internet forum. What part of "the details, the features, the textures... everything is new and purposefully built for the sim" don't you understand?

No wonder Avsim has a reputation of being full of aggressive blockheads when this is the kind of response we're seen to give to developers who engage with our community in good faith.

• Like 3

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Ok thanks @Ianrivaldosmith

Is JF aware of the other bugs/glitches?

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

JF told me they are working on a fix for the honeycomb user.

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Anyone else notice the speed on this aircraft seems to be pretty low, more like C 152 speed. Running at 25 squared and I am seeing 105 knots. I thought my flaps were out for awhile. The Mooney would blow by this aircraft.Definteky won't be doing any long flights in this aircraft. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310