4 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

That is GS and not TAS. They are only equal in absolute still air conditions

Yeah but i just had a 1knot headwind there

Juan Ramos

11 minutes ago, xender said:

Thanks for clarifying that.

If i set it to 2500rpm at 8000ft im getting 127knots

Cb6svx.jpg

127 kts IAS ? so a TAS around 150 kts somewhere ?

4 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

127 kts IAS ? so a TAS around 150 kts somewhere ?

Well, the only number  care about is groundspeed 😄

Oh, forgot: right now my GS is 129, TAS 125 and a headwind of about 6knots

Edited by xender

Juan Ramos

I haven't digged into performance yet. But here is example IAS ~116 kts, I adjusted temperature and altitude in AS and so I got TAS~133kts. My old POH for Arrow III shows 75% bhp (2400 rpm) TAS around 164 mph which is ~142kts. So we have difference of +/- 9-10 kts. Not exactly but not super bad either. After all it is a beaten up Arrow 🙂

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266

image0.jpg?width=950&height=1266

• Like 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

19 minutes ago, xender said:

Did you saw my screenshot above?

Yeah, where do you show the airspeed indicator? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

Yeah, where do you show the airspeed indicator? 

6y3eoN.jpg

Juan Ramos

True story: once I flew Arrow that performs just like 172. My student was puzzled as well. We thought maybe gear not retracting completely and indication was wrong. So we asked tower for a low pass, but they reported that gears were retracted OK. All engine  gauges were seemingly ok! We were running out of idea until realized  the front picture didn't look right. It appeared to be cowling straps were loosen/broken and engine cowling would "flared up" as air got got sucked under which create a lot of drag! LOL And of course as faster we went as more cowling poped up LOL

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

True story: once I flew Arrow that performs just like 172. My student was puzzled as well. We thought maybe gear not retracting completely and indication was wrong. So we asked tower for a low pass, but they reported that gears were retracted OK. All engine  gauges were seemingly ok! We were running out of idea until realized  the front picture didn't look right. It appeared to be cowling straps were loosen/broken and engine cowling would "flared up" as air got got sucked under which create a lot of drag! LOL And of course as faster we went as more cowling poped up LOL

😧 How did you noticed?

Juan Ramos

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Great story 🙂

Cowling strap issue has happened to me aswell. But it was the aft strap, not the forward one (closer to the prop), so we noticed it after landing.

Speaking of cruise performance. I got roughly 130TAS indicated (compensated with current OAT and altitude). According to POH, With 75% Power (25.2 MP / 2500RPM) mixture 100F rich of peak should yield 12,7 GPH and 132 TAS

I am almost on point on every aspect. If I had similar accuracy on the rental planes we have at my FBO, I would be extremely satisfied (and surprised)

XlCha4z.jpg

• Like 2

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

18 minutes ago, xender said:

😧 How did you noticed?

Looking forward and noticing cowling doesn't look as it suppose to. LOL We call front picture as you see thing as you look forward. For example when student does steep turns correctly he should notice cowling position relative to horizon and remember this picture for turn left and turn right. 

Something like that

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266

• Like 1

I have an issue with the transpondeur that is not working on my end.

I set the tranpondeur to "Alt" the red light is some time showing indicating the transpondeur should work however when I contact ATC and they told me squawk code 1234 If I dial 1234 the ATC ask me to confirm if I have received the message (normaly seting the good squawk code the ATC give you a radar contact)

If I acknowledge the code by radio, the ATC does not ask me to acknowledge but does not provide me with a radar contact either, it seems like my transpondeur is not activ for the ATC.

No fuse out.

Someone else experience this ?

7 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Great story 🙂

Cowling strap issue has happened to me aswell. But it was the aft strap, not the forward one (closer to the prop), so we noticed it after landing.

Speaking of cruise performance. I got roughly 130TAS indicated (compensated with current OAT and altitude). According to POH, With 75% Power (25.2 MP / 2500RPM) mixture 100F rich of peak should yield 12,7 GPH and 132 TAS

I am almost on point on every aspect. If I had similar accuracy on the rental planes we have at my FBO, I would be extremely satisfied (and surprised)

XlCha4z.jpg

By the way when I did a new paint job on my 172 IRL I got +1-2 kts. Paint job matters! LOL Most Arrow I flew were pretty beaten up as they used for commercial students back in days. Nowdays with new FAA rules one can do commercial checkride in 172 from start to end and juts fly Arrow to satisfy complex hours experience. I personally did my single engine  commercial exclusively in Arrow! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, booms_sys said:

- No stall characteristics, I can keep gliding this for hours without a wing stall

That's how it should be! Arrows are really docile. That aggressive stall in the carenado version is waaaaaay offf

Juan Ramos

Isn't a slow plane great for a Flight simulator that focus on amazing scenery ? Just a thought.

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

2 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

Isn't a slow plane great for a Flight simulator that focus on amazing scenery ? Just a thought.

Well, you cant buy an arrow and expect V35B performance out of it, that's for sure

Juan Ramos