Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

I can't say I've had any issues trimming.  I'd actually say it's been the best trimming aircraft I've flown in the sim so far.

My main gripe right now is that I'm not getting stall horn sound for some reason.  Really can't figure out why.

I'm do find the finer trim adjustments available with the wheel on the HC Bravo make it a lot easier to dial in a preferred vertical speed compared to the trim buttons on yoke.

Edited by Matchstick

3 minutes ago, FakeWayne said:

I can't say I've had any issues trimming.  I'd actually say it's been the best trimming aircraft I've flown in the sim so far.

My main gripe right now is that I'm not getting stall horn sound for some reason.  Really can't figure out why.

I think JF attempt way to simulate running out trim stall. So when you trim all way aft it assume you close to critical angle of a attack although I don’t think we actually are

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Is anyone experiencing stutters with this aircraft?  I am.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Ya, I am having a lot of problems with it. In cruise it goes nose up about 5-10 degrees and I can barely hold a cruise speed of 70 kts. Then the gear alarm goes off. I don't what I may be doing wrong here but the plane seems to have a mind of it's own. I am currently in the sim and the trim has all of a sudden decided to work but my speed is pegged at 40 kts. alarms going off...too late just  fell out of the sky...LOL. This plane is kind of a word not allowed shoot right now for me.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

I'm loving this aircraft I have to say!

Treated myself to Lydd and Headcorn airfields from Burning Blue Design (https://burningbluedesign.com/product-category/scenery/airports-and-airfields/) and did a nice flight originating at Lydd, stopping into Headcorn and then onto Biggin Hill. A route I know well and have done many times in a real PA28!

The whole thing was hugely satisfying, probably the most immersive VFR experience I've had in a sim to date!

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

19 minutes ago, TomCYYZ said:

This is really frustrating, I am trying to love this plane but I can't seem to be able trim her. Maybe I am missing something but the trim wheel seizes up when I taxi  and when I takeoff I still cannot turn the wheel either manually or with the trim buttons assigned on my Alpha Yoke. I must say that trimming using the yoke has worked, but lately, including today, NO. Is there a lock on the trim wheel that I do not know about, or am I just not following proper protocol here. The AP Heading Mode seems a little wonky on my end as well. Maybe I am just a bad sim pilot😉

Make sure you don't have another control assigned to trim

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

8 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I think JF attempt way to simulate running out trim stall. So when you trim all way aft it assume you close to critical angle of a attack although I don’t think we actually are

Not quite sure I understand what you mean.  

I have no problem stalling the aircraft, it stalls exactly as expected.  I just don't get a warning horn sound.  I also don't get a gear warning sound.

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Is altimeter set correctly?

Yes

Matt Wilson

6 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Make sure you don't have another control assigned to trim

Thanks I checked and I deleted the keyboard assignments. I only have "Elevator Up & Down Trim" assigned on my Yoke. I will give it another try. But may have to Park this aircraft. Not doing me any favours.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Just doing an FSE flight from EGLC to LFPB navigating by VOR and it's the first time I've done a long enough trip to justify taking the aircaft up much above 2000FT.

I managed to get her up to 10K ft without too much of a fight but it's definitely not where where she wants to be and the engine doesn't have much to give, but at 6000 she's much happier and zips along nicely

Definitely interested to see what the Turbo versions can do up high now.

Why is this plane so slow?  With a 200 hp engine and retractable gear I figured it would have much better performance.

Matt Wilson

it's like a low wing C172. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

5 minutes ago, mpw8679 said:

Why is this plane so slow?  With a 200 hp engine and retractable gear I figured it would have much better performance.

The arrow I've flown was about a 130 KTAS kinda plane with say 75% power.  You coiuld do 140-150 if you pushed it.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

48 minutes ago, DMullert said:

Is anyone experiencing stutters with this aircraft?  I am.

Not worse than with other aircraft in the sim at the moment, that you experience stutter has probably to do with the bugs that were introduced with the latest patch.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |