Sign in to follow this  
FrankR409

Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III (for MSFS) released

On 3/11/2021 at 4:52 AM, xender said:

You're missing out! Its really good!

I agree I find it to be excellent and glad I brought it,by far the best GA plane now

• Like 1

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

On 3/10/2021 at 8:04 PM, Sticky said:

anyone notice a very jerky..almost a sort of stutter reaction to turbulence? 

Yes!!  This is my only real gripe at the moment.  I use Live weather and even in light winds this aircraft acts very odd in response to turbulence.  I know it is a bit of an issue with MSFS in general but the jerkiness in the Arrow is very unnatural and it isn't very pleasant to fly when this is occurring.  The other small props I have flown in the sim do not behave in this manner.  I am surprised I have not really seen other reports of this behavior with the Arrow...

Edited by Flic1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

26 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Yes!!  This is my only real gripe at the moment.  I use Live weather and even in light winds this aircraft acts very odd in response to turbulence.  I know it is a bit of an issue with MSFS in general but the jerkiness in the Arrow is very unnatural and it isn't very pleasant to fly when this is occurring.  The other small props I have flown in the sim do not behave in this manner.  I am surprised I have not really seen other reports of this behavior with the Arrow...

I don't notice that on about a dozen flights in some really bad weather on a few. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Anyone else notice that the fuel gauges seemd to be hooked up backwards. I flew for about an hour on he left tank, and the right fuel gauge showed it had used about an hours worth of fuel. Also showed that in the fuel menu in MSFS 2020. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=0.49 will give you idle rpm of 600
You can change that in engines.cfg

Did it. Works great! And no more rolling away at idle.

Why does ATC say my IDENT is not working its ON and red light flashing?

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

53 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Anyone else notice that the fuel gauges seemd to be hooked up backwards. I flew for about an hour on he left tank, and the right fuel gauge showed it had used about an hours worth of fuel. Also showed that in the fuel menu in MSFS 2020. 

The fuel gauges work correctly for me. Right tank selected and fuel goes done on right gauge, left tank selected and fuel drops on left gauge as used.

• Like 2

James

3 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

The fuel gauges work correctly for me. Right tank selected and fuel goes done on right gauge, left tank selected and fuel drops on left gauge as used.

Hmm, I will have to check it again on my next flight. 

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Hmm, I will have to check it again on my next flight. 

In a flight right now, only been on right fuel tank until I get to cruise. Right fuel gauge shows the fuel I've used so far.

fuel.png

Note that there is an option in the tablet for auto fuel. Make sure you don't have that selected.

• Like 2

James

26 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

In a flight right now, only been on right fuel tank until I get to cruise. Right fuel gauge shows the fuel I've used so far.

fuel.png

Note that there is an option in the tablet for auto fuel. Make sure you don't have that selected.

That was it, and it was selected ( Green) Thanks. I kept looking at the fuel gauges since I got this aircraft and couldn't figure out what was wrong with them Now they are reading correctly. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I have noticed this as well.  It is a major immersion killer.

Matt Wilson

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

idle_rpm_mechanical_efficiency_scalar=0.49 will give you idle rpm of 600
You can change that in engines.cfg

Did it. Works great! And no more rolling away at idle.

Big improvement in taxi speed control. Don't feel like I am driving a race car to the runway threshold. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Do you have it set on Alt? Suppose to be on Stby until it warms up and then set to Alt (for altitude) once you're at the runway to takeoff.

• Like 1

James

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I'm not sure if it's the problem you are seeing but there's a bug if you start the plane from Cold and Dark and manually enter the Transponder code by diallinfg it in rather that use the Acknowlege Squawk Code option in the ATC panel which sets the code automaticallly.

(I have a service desk call in on this issue and I need to upload some videos I've captured of the problem.)

3 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Whew...starting to think I was the only one. I love the JF PA28 but wow it flys awful...a million jittery micro pitch isolations on final is just weird.

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Works fine here. Make sure that “auto fuel” option on iPad ticked off

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI