Sign in to follow this  
andradef

Hanging up during the 30 content upgrades after Sim Update 3

I did the Sim Update III with no problem. Once I loaded the title for the first time after the update and went to Content to do the 30 updates that followed Sim Update III, I ran into all sorts of problems. The update would hang up, I had to force-quit and restart the title, then it would hang-up again... it took me about 5 tries to finally clear all 30 updates.  Has this happened to anyone else?

Yes mine stopped progress on about the third one.

I just quit and restarted FS and all of them downloaded fine as a batch.

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Same thing happened to me. Had to force stop MSFS, reboot and start it again. I also noticed the 30 updates in Content Manager were the Aviator liveries which I already had. Wondered if they had changed something with them, but some people said they didn't get the content updates and some said they did.

James

For the first time since release, I have acquired a "failure to complete the update". It gets to file 221/205 [fs-base-cgl-0.1.21 fspackages.001and just tries to redownload the same file continually.  I carried out a full system backup last evening and, restoring that backup causes the "same again" scenario.  I am now going to try last weeks backup and try again, but guess that I am less than hopeful  Ah well <sigh>........ BR

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy