Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

First update thats butched my sim.

Guys guys guys it’s pretty clear now with the large amount of antidotal evidence that the game is actually broken - some might choose other words.

in a way I’m relieved because for a time I thought it was just me and I would be stuck with this. But after seeing the tidal wave of evidence over the last 48hrs I’m now hopeful this will get fixed.

can I ask one thing please, can someone tell me when this abomination is at least playable, for the time being ill use what little time I have for gaming and run something else - this frankly is just not worth it - absolute joke!

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I have an old rig but I've been surprisingly impressed at its ability to keep things smooth at low to medium settings, until now. For the first time since FS 2020 was released the sim is unusable. I'm sure the current problem will get fixed and in the long run things will get better. Meanwhile, I'll start looking for a new computer.

The only good thing about this is now we can see we are not alone and it’s not our end.

Might have to take a break from the sim as the stuttering just kills the enjoyment for me.

I was looking forward to the CRJ but am not buying anything until this is fixed.

The sim was running so well up to this update, I simply could not stop flying the CJ4.

Very sad.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

The only good thing about this is now we can see we are not alone and it’s not our end.

Might have to take a break from the sim as the stuttering just kills the enjoyment for me.

I was looking forward to the CRJ but am not buying anything until this is fixed.

The sim was running so well up to this update, I simply could not stop flying the CJ4.

Very sad.

I got my fps back to the way it used to be,,, but a pretty drastic course of action.... I removed MSFS and re-installed. I have not installed any of the World updates yet, and my fps is solid again.

Edited by Car147
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Very sad.

+1. My fps cut in half after a few minutes of flying.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I have exact the same problems, it's really sad now that I finally have the opportunity to fly JF's Arrow, I really hope they come with a quick fix.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

This is SO disconcerting. I wonder if it's an Nvidia driver issue?

Edited by DJJose

2 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Guys guys guys it’s pretty clear now with the large amount of antidotal evidence that the game is actually broken - some might choose other words.

I would certainly choose another word than ‘antidotal’.

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

My version is fine. Works as good as before. 

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

I'm starting to think that this is a streaming issue that is only affecting certain regions.

Mine is running fine, in fact the CTDs that i have been having for weeks are totally gone, but I think that is due to he CDT Vaccine I installed this past weekend. FPS are about the same. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

23 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Mine is running fine, in fact the CTDs that i have been having for weeks are totally gone, but I think that is due to he CDT Vaccine I installed this past weekend. FPS are about the same. 

If you are using the GNS 530 mod with the Mooney, try this. Zoom in and out the map and watch what happens to your fps. Mine drop in 1/2. GNS 530 update (beta) is botched too. 😀

Edited by DJJose

Add me to the mix, haven't done any troubleshooting yet, but just had a CTD for no reason while game was sitting still in Dev mode. The last version (well technically 2 versions ago) was the most stable version of the game yet, what ashame. Also tearing, likely due to needing to reset my vsynch in NVIDIA control panel.

2 Versions ago, I was in dev mode for a few hundred hours without a single CTD, sometimes not rebooting for days or close to a week. This was CTD in about 1-2 hours, while sitting still doing nothing. GPU temp was 61 degrees. I wasn't even in the game when the CTD occurred, I was browsing the Internet.

Zero addons were installed, just was editing an airport, but it never CTD'd before.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

25 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm starting to think that this is a streaming issue that is only affecting certain regions.

That's what I reckon. I only get stuttering at certain specific times.

Same here -- running well both before and after the update, with a bonus: the CTDs I have experienced at Dublin (EIDW) for months are now gone! It is really perplexing that so many are having problems, but I hope that these will all be fixed soon. I am truly sorry about this situation. Great as this sim is, I won't be completely happy with it until these issues are resolved and everybody is happy.