Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Another 2 hours lost - Again - I give up

Flight today in the classic 172 with the pair of GNS, using today's release of PMS50-GNS530 1.0.28.  Flight from KSNA to KSJC in IFR conditions.  Almost made it.  Got to my initial point of descent from 8,000.  Established descent rate.  Saw MSG button on the 530 blinking.  Clicked it with my mouse.  MSFS froze.  Tried waiting it out for a few minutes.  No joy.  Two hours enroute lost. Again!  Seems to be the only aspect of MSFS that is reliable for me.  Freezes.  Not CTDs.  Freezes.  Wasting my time.  Hours of wasted time.

This is the most unreliable simulator I have experienced, and I go back to a start in 1982.  Done for now and back once again to FSX SE, which since the build of my new system last August has not failed me once.  Not even once.  Very disappointed.

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 7

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

25 minutes ago, fppilot said:

This is the most unreliable simulator

Could be the mod though...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

How many mods do you have in your community folder ? What is your PC specs ? What is your graphic settings ?

• Like 1

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

This is one of the reasons, among many others, there is a need for a user facing debugging log feature:

• This concerns user so that they are able to find out sometimes the nature of the problems they are encountering (CTD, etc…).
  • This also concerns 3rd party developers so that they can know whether their add-ons are causing a problem.
  • This also concerns Asobo in order to know what it is users are reporting and what was the simulator doing prior crashing for example.

And you know what, even calling all my peers in the 3rd party devs private forum, I can tell you the topic has attracted a ridiculous number of votes comparing to the number of 3rd party devs registered... you might not be just the only one loosing hope and quitting.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/debugging-log/294500/7?u=cptlucky8

Edited by RXP
  • Like 3

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

48 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Flight today in the classic 172 with the pair of GNS, using today's release of PMS50-GNS530 1.0.28.  Flight from KSNA to KSJC in IFR conditions.  Almost made it.  Got to my initial point of descent from 8,000.  Established descent rate.  Saw MSG button on the 530 blinking.  Clicked it with my mouse.  MSFS froze.  Tried waiting it out for a few minutes.  No joy.  Two hours enroute lost. Again!  Seems to be the only aspect of MSFS that is reliable for me.  Freezes.  Not CTDs.  Freezes.  Wasting my time.  Hours of wasted time.

This is the most unreliable simulator I have experienced, and I go back to a start in 1982.  Done for now and back once again to FSX SE, which since the build of my new system last August has not failed me once.  Not even once.  Very disappointed.

Not blame you sometime it is un unreliable piece of junk

Edited by arsenal82

I did  ( since update 1.13.16.0 ) around 12 flights longest was around 5-6 hours shortest 1h 30mins and had no CTD at all.

I got after that update and still there with yesterday update some hard performance stutters with short holds 😏 but no CTD`s - just to report.

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I haven't flown the 172, but I've done 3-4 hours of the A320 with zero issues.

I had freezing issue and CTD relative to PMS mod. I found in previous version if I don't NEXRAD overlay I don't have most of the problems I had before

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

So in other words: 'I'm using a mod in the sim, but still complaining that it crashes.'

Sorry to sound unsympathetic, but that's not the sim being unreliable, that's you effing about with it. There's no mystery here.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

MSI Z490 WiFi 

Are you using this with WiFi ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I'm not the original poster but I use wifi with mine and never had one single crash ever... So I also tend to believe it is something somebody installed causing the issues. I'm keeping my fingers crossed these issues never happen to me. But if they did, I would just perform a fresh install of everything, my guess is if people having problems did this the issues would go away.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

How many mods do you have in your community folder ? What is your PC specs ? What is your graphic settings ?

PC specs are right in front of  you in my footer.  Only the PMS GNS latest mod and some sceneries, of which none were "in play" at the time.  I keep my Community folder clean with the Addons Linker.  My settings are all in the moderate or mid range.  I appreciate all the questions, but these lockups are mostly lockups of just the avionics, especially the G1000 but sometimes the GNS in the 172 classic. The G1000 lockups are in multiple aircraft, notably the Baron, Bonanza, and DA62.  Today is the first time the sim itself locked up.  I have not had CTDs.

25 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

Are you using this with WiFi ?

MOB is MSI Z490 with WiFi but I believe I am only ethernet connected.  WIFI shows, but when I right click it I am asked if I wish to connect.  The ethernet connection says "connected".  I am using the FltPlan Go app with my iPad and it is connected to the same network via wifi.

Chock. Please stand down.  Your sarcasm is not appreciated.  I am far from a newcomer to this.   

Others: I can fly all day if I don't touch or go near the GPSs.  With or without the GPS mods.  The GPS lockups are much more frequent without the mods.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The Save function is your friend. I would not even contemplate flying more than 30 minutes before saving my progress.

• Like 1

Saving a flight is convenient to some, but to me it's an immersion killer and more so when you have to save due to possible CTD's. No bueno!!!

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo