Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

10th March 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

Just now, peroni said:

Sim update 4 will be released alongside World Update 5
This to help cut down on the number of concurrent builds they are running

Is the next one world update 4? The Benelux one.

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Is the next one world update 4? The Benelux one.

Yes.WU4 is France and Benelux and coming in early April 

Jorg mentioned Mont Blanc as an example where the new 1 meter mesh might shine. We'll see, that might mean they include part of the Italian Alps too

Edited by peroni
  • Like 1

So the major garmin change for sim update 3 is welcoming WT to the asobo team, but no ETA, nothing about when improvements will actually be there.

Sim update 4 planned in june.

Asobo team are saying they will soon incorporate FBW team, but it's the first time FBW team is hearing of this

Charts+, don't know,

A lot of the same answer from many month ago,

Nothing on replay

What a bad Q&A... At least for me

• Like 1

Did they address the work of art on the contrails that was 5 months in dev?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Yes, they said it's still work in progress.

• Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

2 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

They just said it was the first step, contrails being affected by wind will come - no mention of other aircraft having contrails, but they weren’t asked. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Just now, Baber20 said:

Is it me or this Martial guy always seems vaguely uninterested in the discussion and almost always gives empty and vague answers. My least favorite of the 3.

Rather him that the fake enthusiasm from the adjudicator. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

The adjudicator?

2 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Altimeter should be more accurate based on the temperature in Sim Update 4.

Altimeter will be less accurate based on temperature. Altimeters are not temperature-compensated, so what you are seeing in game now is not correct. For example, in cold temperatures, you should be closer to the terrain than would be shown by your altimeter. This real inaccuracy is not currently present, but is supposed to be added in Sim Update 4.

The other, larger, change is that pressure altitude will be corrected in Sim Update 4 to be correct when the sea level pressure is not 1013.25/29.92.  It is incorrect in the current sim version.

36 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Being a community manager is a front-facing PR job and they have to have an enthusiastic attitude.  The CMs have been commenting in more threads on the official forums lately and when things go totally sideways like the delayed update they are the ones bearing the brunt of that.  So I personally wouldn't pick on them for trying to do their job well.  It can't be easy being inbetween the mass of customers here and the devs, especially given some of the challenges the sim is facing. (Given my own personality, I don't think I could be a CM)

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 6

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

Being a community manager is a front-facing PR job and they have to have an enthusiastic attitude.  The CMs have been commenting in more threads on the official forums lately and when things go totally sideways like the delayed update they are the ones bearing the brunt of that.  So I personally wouldn't pick on them for trying to do their job well.  It can't be easy being inbetween the mass of customers here and the devs, especially given some of the challenges the sim is facing. (Given my own personality, I don't think I could be a CM)

I’m not picking, I just wish they would introduce some eastern European personality in to it, instead of this fake Americanism.

2 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Did they address the lost Tree LOD at all?

I didn't hear anything about it.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

6 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

Did they address the lost Tree LOD at all?

No, and it’s a mess, trees and objects popping in right as you fly over them. A blurry mess outside of the LOD ring, which is clearly visible.