Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

10th March 2021 Developer Q&A: Begins at 10:30 AM PST

1 hour ago, filou said:

Here is the  Bijan Saison mod very convincing result before the last update of MSFS.

KItWj5E.png

J8zlk0E.png

That's what it look like before the patch, but it really doesn't look like that any more, at least not for me.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

To me it sounds like they are paying royalty for each plane, and that the sum is negotiate per purchase tier (ie standard, premium, deluxe). If they open up the premium or deluxe they they (Microsoft) would have to pay more money. By the sound of it it would also be a moral problem ie not adhearing to the agreement, and the licensed plane manufacturer would be "angry". 

No it’s just DRM to stop people from pirating it, It has nothing to do with royalties. The same DRM is applied to addons bought off the marketplace 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Just now, devgrp said:

yeah but how much of them are on here crying about trees? lmao

I've counted two in about half an hour.. 

I'm actually in discussions with my colleague about how they've completely botched MSFS since release..  We have a whole room set up with an X-Plane rig where we instruct students.  We still use MSFS for VFR nav preparation though.

Next?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Langeveldt said:

I've counted two in about half an hour.. 

I'm actually in discussions with my colleague about how they've completely botched MSFS since release..  We have a whole room set up with an X-Plane rig where we instruct students.  We still use MSFS for VFR nav preparation though.

Next?

They botched it but you are still using it for vfr, doesnt sound too botched to me. After all VFR is the starting point to becoming a pilot

Just now, devgrp said:

They botched it but you are still using it for vfr, doesnt sound too botched to me. After all VFR is the starting point to becoming a pilot

We would never charge for it though, even if the license permitted us to 🤣

12 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

We would never charge for it though, even if the license permitted us to 🤣

ooook, still wont stop anyone from enjoying it or MS/Asobo making millions, but hey your xp is better than mine so all good lol

they talk about improvements like making the sim more efficient in using memory, using less memory.  Honestly, I would rather they improve the game to gain fps through cpu efficiency and gpu efficiency.  System memory is cheap and very obtainable. Are better cpus and gpus? not so much right now.

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

ooook, still wont stop anyone from enjoying it or MS/Asobo making millions, but hey your xp is better than mine so all good lol

Cool story bro...  Enjoy your trees

7 minutes ago, Langeveldt said:

Cool story bro...  Enjoy your trees

I will 😂

i liked the video stream, i always told beginners if they have problems taking off they should maybe turn on the rudder help, but after the information yesterday i wouldn't recommend that to anyone anymore, the help changes the flight physics too much elsewhere and in the end this is then an arcade mode. therefore always on hard.

9 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

Very good, Groan. . .

Cannes I think of another one?

Not at the moment.

I never Mentony harm with these bad puns.😊

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

15 hours ago, Langeveldt said:

botched

Fact - The most successful flight sim release in a decade.

Avsim user420 - It's botched. 

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

17 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

That's fine.  I like different opinions, and I even change mine sometimes.  It's just that it seems to descend into name calling, which is a pity.  
I admire the way you defend the sim though.  Some people need to keep the balance.  Sometimes though, I swear you are Jörg Neumann in disguise. 
If it is you Jörg, announce yourself!  We have... Questions!...  Many Questions!...    😀

Jorg would never talk the way this person does. 

• Like 1

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78