Sign in to follow this  
Bobsk8

Working Title is joining the MSFS 2020 Team

Dont forget the G3X. There are simmers that would like some realism in the Xcub.

• Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

On 3/10/2021 at 8:43 PM, IcemanFBW said:

We unfortunately haven't heard anything from MS in this regard. Hopefully, if the community expresses their support for this (especially on the MSFS forums), they will pay attention 🙂 - would love to work on improving the sim full-time, and we have a couple really talented folks with industry experience at FBW who wouldn't mind either.

I think what MS/ASOBO like about WT is the overseeable team size. I am sure the core team of FBW would also be beneficial to MS. Due to the scale of the full project, there are things that MS probably doesn't like too much tho (like some childish behavior -> Aerosoft incident).

Anyhow, I think that is the way MS/ASOBO should have been taken earlier. Hire talented, commited people from the community. Laminar Research does that as well and they deliver a solid sim platform with less budget. Imagine what MS could do...

Edited by tweekz

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

Asobo has still 13 job opening on their site, maybe a little less with the addition of WT.

The way they went is one way to pick people, they prove themselfs and their resume is in the add on.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, tweekz said:

I think what MS/ASOBO like about WT is the overseeable team size. I am sure the core team of FBW would also be beneficial to MS. Due to the scale of the full project, there are things that MS probably doesn't like too much tho (like some childish behavior -> Aerosoft incident).

Anyhow, I think that is the way MS/ASOBO should have been taken earlier. Hire talented, commited people from the community. Laminar Research does that as well and they deliver a solid sim platform with less budget. Imagine what MS could do...

what Aerosoft incident? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tayyareci said:

A little suggestion to WT

Sipmly: Please don't push the G1000 background.

More than months we don't have certain improvements on G1000. CJ4 and G3000 projects are greatly apreciated and thank you very much for that. But for sure we need to hear good news about G1000 functionality.

I second this. On discord, it was mentioned a few times that the reason the G1000 development slowed was because there was only one person working on it, and he had taken a break. I'd be interested to know if he is part of the new WT company contracted to MS.

8 minutes ago, j3rry said:

I second this. On discord, it was mentioned a few times that the reason the G1000 development slowed was because there was only one person working on it, and he had taken a break. I'd be interested to know if he is part of the new WT company contracted to MS.

Ditto - G3000 and CJ4 seem to be their main focus, G1000 is the avionics suite that most aspiring private pilots are likely to ever encounter so I'd love to see this stalwart receive more attention.

• Like 2

MSFS & XP11 - Aviatek G1000 Complex Desktop Trainer - Fulcrum One Yoke - TPR Rudder Pedals - VF TQ6 Throttle - LG 55" OLED Display

1 hour ago, highflyer2020 said:

what Aerosoft incident? 

A couple people from our Discord expressed their thoughts on some of the CRJ textures in a less than professional manner, to leave it at that. We had a word with them.

Also, I think there's some misconceptions about the size of our team. We have around 120+ people who have contributed to our projects, and approximately 40 people on our main development team (including some pilots, technicians, and modelers), but only 18 people (including myself) are part of the "core" team that does the bulk of the work, helping guide the project, and so forth.

• Like 6

Please do not contact me via DM for support or help with the A32NX mod. We recommend using our help channel on our Discord.

53 minutes ago, IcemanFBW said:

but only 18 people (including myself) are part of the "core" team that does the bulk of the work, helping guide the project, and so forth.

I think you guys could have a bright future ahead in any case - also in simming, if you want. You are certainly one of those "brave new devs" that are creative instead of complaining. You should consider a payware project.

• Like 2

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

On the topic of the G1000,

We are definitely fully aware as to the importance of the G1000, given it's ubiquity in the GA glass cockpit space. It makes a huge difference as to how much time and resources we can dedicate to things when it doesn't have to be in our spare time after our day jobs, if we happen to have some.

Whether some of those improvements land in the mod or all end up in official form is a matter of timing and isn't something I have the answer to at the moment.

-Matt

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

To follow up on what @MattNischan said, I've been as frustrated as anyone with some of the progress on the G1000 and G3X, and that is very much due to a decrease in the free time and energy I personally have had left outside my full time job in recent months.   As we have indicated, we can't talk about particular plans or roadmaps, but I can say that I, myself, am very excited to be able to make work on those be part of my full time job now.   I want to make them kick as much butt as our other projects, and now we should have the time to do it when it gets slotted into our plans.   And that rocks.

So yes, we hear you.  Don't worry.  🙂

• Like 10

9 hours ago, kaosfere said:

That's great news. Really pleased to see the G3X is still in there too.

12 hours ago, kaosfere said:

It's really nice to read this.

Take your time. Whatever you do honestly don't feel the pressure of MSFS community.

It may take time, no problem. Obviously your job is not easy. We shouldn't expect miracles from day one but please take my suggestion as don't rush like ASOBO to release buggy updates/mods.  I'am sure you know what you're doing.  

I would like to state this again: Even on this incomplete state THANK YOU VERY MUCH for G1000 Mod.

We're really lucky to have such people around.

Kind regards.    

• Like 1

Faruk IŞIK

On 3/13/2021 at 6:43 AM, IcemanFBW said:

A couple people from our Discord expressed their thoughts on some of the CRJ textures in a less than professional manner, to leave it at that. We had a word with them.

Also, I think there's some misconceptions about the size of our team. We have around 120+ people who have contributed to our projects, and approximately 40 people on our main development team (including some pilots, technicians, and modelers), but only 18 people (including myself) are part of the "core" team that does the bulk of the work, helping guide the project, and so forth.

Jorg's response when asked about you guys in the Q&A, made it seem like they were waiting for something to happen on your end, that you had been making some progress on?

I wasn't clear what that was about, but I think it was in response to a "what about FBW?" question post-WT announcement.

This is awesome news 👍

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |