Sign in to follow this  
Manny

For people who are suffering performance Issue after Update3

15 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Have you tried lowering the LOD slider to 80 as advised by msfs support? I'm about to lower the sliders to 80 to see if I can get rid of the drop in fps after a few minutes of flying.

I had before re-installing, it was still the same and unflyable. Is yours still as bad? if not maybe they are working on it behind the scenes. I am not 100% confident the re-install has cured the issue as i have only had the last two flight s(last night and this mornng ) that have been fine.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

20 minutes ago, Car147 said:

I had before re-installing, it was still the same and unflyable. Is yours still as bad? if not maybe they are working on it behind the scenes. I am not 100% confident the re-install has cured the issue as i have only had the last two flight s(last night and this mornng ) that have been fine.

I just tried lowering the sliders to 80 and the fps drop is still happening. I have nothing on my Community folder. I'm going to send support an email and let them know what they have done. Now I got to seriously think about my other sim options or get out of this hell hole!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I just tried lowering the sliders to 80 and the fps drop is still happening. I have nothing on my Community folder. I'm going to send support an email and let them know what they have done. Now I got to seriously think about my other sim options or get out of this hell hole!

Just take a break from flight sims until it's fixed.Trust me, you won't want to fly on P3D or X-Plane unless you dont care about graphics. Even after dumping a ton of money into Orbx scenery and add on planes for those 2, they still look awful compared to MSFS.

There have been enough complaints to Microsoft and Asobo and hopefully it gets fixed. The game's performance has been outstanding for me up to now so this is likely just a bump in the the road.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Borgillios said:

Yesterday I had theese problems. Today they seem to be gone, touch wood. Only thing I did was to remove the cache completely. Also I noticed that I could change airport several times and still get real weather. There are things going on on the server side I believe.

If MS/Asobo are doing stuff on the server side to address this, then they should tell us all eg., "we understand some users are having performance issues which we're working to address on our servers. We are sorry for your inconvenience and frustration. Please be patient, we're working hard to find a fix" 

That would be good customer service and at least we'd know they're doing something about the problem!! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Millingp said:

If MS/Asobo are doing stuff on the server side to address this, then they should tell us all eg., "we understand some users are having performance issues which we're working to address on our servers. We are sorry for your inconvenience and frustration. Please be patient, we're working hard to find a fix" 

That would be good customer service and at least we'd know they're doing something about the problem!! 

I agree, the information we get back on pretty serious issues is severely lacking.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

12 minutes ago, NightOfDreams said:

Just take a break from flight sims until it's fixed.Trust me, you won't want to fly on P3D or X-Plane unless you dont care about graphics. Even after dumping a ton of money into Orbx scenery and add on planes for those 2, they still look awful compared to MSFS.

There have been enough complaints to Microsoft and Asobo and hopefully it gets fixed. The game's performance has been outstanding for me up to now so this is likely just a bump in the the road.

Yeah! I'm going back to my music. It's a lot more fun! 😀

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

I've actually considered re-installing P3D or trying to embrace X-Plane.

I purposely keep my installation of X-Plane 11 active on the same 1TB NVME as MSFS for exactly this reason. I tend to use X-Plane for airliners and some GA flying. I have some really nice Ortho scenery and great addons both freeware & pay ware and while it may not be a pretty as MSFS it is not bad at all but for me the single biggest draw is it just works. I have racked up hundreds of hours over the last 12 months without a single crash or issue. Back in my FSX days I would spend more time tweaking the sim than I ever did flying.

I still remember all the people posting last year when MSFS was released that they were uninstalling their previous sims which I could never understand, it is not like we all signed an agreement with Asobo to only use MSFS. I have not even bothered to perform the update after reading about all the issues. When it works the sim is amazing and then it get's broken. Maybe it is just not ready for prime time release. I hope this mess get's fixed as I do quite miss buzzing around in the TBM.

Anyway back to marveling at the beautiful view of the Pyrenees  from 37,000 feet out of the cockpit window of a different A320 🙂

Edited by Richdem
  • Like 1

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Based on a brief flight there's a definite FPS drop, and I've had to re-enable vsync which seems to have helped with fluidity if not outright framerates. Very noticably I'm now getting looong pauses every few minutes, very annoying. And at the same time the visuals in terms of draw distance for scenery have got worse. A definite regression, hopefully it is fixed with upcoming WU4.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

This happened to me many updates ago, transiently, in certain flights where I had ample GPU/CPU headroom and 'performance' was fluid, except suddenly frame rate would tank then resume again.  Happened in Bavaria, rarely anywhere else until the last patch.  I did one flight attempt out of KMSO and same same--sudden FPS drops.  Has nothing to do w/ 'normal' functioning and no need IMO to check anything under your own hood.  I think it's a server problem on their end.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I seem to be getting random stutters for a bit.  Overall, fps feels ok, but I'll just randomly get some pretty severe stuttering for a bit, then it passes.  By the time I turn on the fps counter, it is usually gone.  I'm only flying GA planes over pretty plain scenery areas.  My sim is pretty vanilla right now as I removed a lot of stuff prior to the patch.  I cleared out my scenery cache but that doesn't seem to help. 

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF

I also have the same thing in addition to the other problems... I even have stops and go even after a complete reinstallation and a completely empty "community" folder.

Huge disappointment about this new update and my excitement about the next update about "France" has completely deflated.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, NightOfDreams said:

Maybe, until you access a PMDG, FSlab, or even A2A ac, then you remember what simulation is supposed to be all about. 

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

14 minutes ago, SolRayz said:

Maybe, until you access a PMDG, FSlab, or even A2A ac, then you remember what simulation is supposed to be all about. 

I was looking at the FSlab A320 for a while but I just cant justify spending $140 on an addon for an outdated sim with graphics from the early 2000s, and city skylines that just look sad in comparison to MSFS. If Microsoft continues to improve MSFS, I have faith that eventually study level aircraft will be developed and we'll have the best of both worlds. In the meantime we have the modded CJ4 which has a decent FMC with working VNAV, and is fun to fly but still pretty simple.  And the CRJ is coming out next week so we'll see how that goes. Not study level but should be complex enough to satisfy my own ambitions as I enjoyed learning the CRJ on P3D v5 last year

Edited by NightOfDreams
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NightOfDreams said:

I was looking at the FSlab A320 for a while but I just cant justify spending $140 on an addon for an outdated sim with graphics from the early 2000s, and city skylines that just look sad in comparison to MSFS. If Microsoft continues to improve MSFS, I have faith that eventually study level aircraft will be developed and we'll have the best of both worlds. In the meantime we have the modded CJ4 which has a decent FMC with working VNAV, and is fun to fly but still pretty simple.  And the CRJ is coming out next week so we'll see how that goes. Not study level but should be complex enough to satisfy my own ambitions as I enjoyed learning the CRJ on P3D v5 last year

No one will argue that visually, MSFS is in its own class, but unfortunately, MSFS is last in class for those purely interested in study level sims despite the mods. When will that turn around? I don't know, years from now, maybe?

Believe me. I want MS and Asobo to catch up to that niche market, because performance in MSFS certainly outclasses P3D and would be an incredible platform to host the level of detail required within the cockpit. Particularly when MSFS switches to dx12.  

• Upvote 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Had a brief flight earlier today and thought it had all gotten sorted. Just went back and had a further flight and just as bad as yesterday - fly ok for a few minutes then start with the dropped fps, stutters and even occasional freezes. Always (so far) comes back and resumes for a while but no way to fly for more than a few minutes without some kind of interruption.

Can't even see any acknowledgement on the Zendesk "known problems" page, and I know plenty of people have reported it. In some ways, the's the most annoying thing about all this - no information from the source means we just get endless "solutions" propagated around the various forums, most of which are pointless and in some cases likely to make things worse. I'm sure it will all work out ok in the end, even if it's never officially acknowledged and therefore "fixed" - they make another change and the non-existent problem will go away.

Meanwhile, I'll carry on flying. Even with the occasional slide-show moments I still prefer it to the other sims.

• Like 2

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.