Sign in to follow this  
vdae

iFly B747 question

Good evening!

Lately I have been keeping my eyes on the iFly B747, however I have a question:

How is the external texturing and modelling of the different models and variants? I have read a few reviews on Avsim and Flightsim.com giving positive feedback on the systems depth and the internal texturing and modelling. But how is the external texturing and modelling? Based on pictures and videos the texturing seems a bit so-so, but I can't really comment on the modelling work. Would really appreciate if you could share your opinons and thoughts on this aspect!🍻 Some screenies would also be appreciated!

Regards,

Viggo

This is a relatively dated product now and the exterior modelling is not as detailed as the current offerings. That said it really depends on what you're after. For typical inflight shots it is just fine but a close up walk around will be less detailed. I know a lot of work was done in getting an accurate model. It handles really well and the FMC/autopilot/LNAV/VNAV work very well.
It is one of my favorites (I don't have the latest PMDG offering so I cannot compare).

Cheers

Steve Hall

It's the best external texturing and modelling I can find on FS9, but for P3D, yes it's just so so...

Overall it's not bad, I think it's at the same standard as any non-64bit PBR exclusive model, like the old PMDG 737 NGX, and I'd say it's even better than the old version of PMDG's 747.

It's just can't beat any model based on 64bit and PBR.

Edited by C2615

8 hours ago, cowpatz said:

This is a relatively dated product now and the exterior modelling is not as detailed as the current offerings. That said it really depends on what you're after. For typical inflight shots it is just fine but a close up walk around will be less detailed. I know a lot of work was done in getting an accurate model. It handles really well and the FMC/autopilot/LNAV/VNAV work very well.
It is one of my favorites (I don't have the latest PMDG offering so I cannot compare).

6 hours ago, C2615 said:

It's the best external texturing and modelling I can find on FS9, but for P3D, yes it's just so so...

Overall it's not bad, I think it's at the same standard as any non-64bit PBR exclusive model, like the old PMDG 737 NGX, and I'd say it's even better than the old version of PMDG's 747.

It's just can't beat any model based on 64bit and PBR.

Yeah, gotya guys! This is a tough decision haha!😆 Thanks for the feedback!🍻

I liked iFly 747, but was having hard time finding updated/new liveries.  Maybe that changed now, but when I got it a few years back there seemed to be a lack of available liveries.  In the end, I moved to PMDG and parked iFly primarily due to lack of liveries.

• Like 1

I have the iFly747 and agree the texturing is just OK. But you can go to there forums and download the update to the 747-8i and that is a little better and gives you the newer aircraft.

If you want something that looks amazing get the Captain Sim 777 outside visuals are the best I have seen. Overall the best value aircraft has to be the QualityWings787, which is also a great plane.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

On 3/11/2021 at 4:39 PM, tankogradets said:

I liked iFly 747, but was having hard time finding updated/new liveries.  Maybe that changed now, but when I got it a few years back there seemed to be a lack of available liveries.  In the end, I moved to PMDG and parked iFly primarily due to lack of liveries.

Ah, understand! There are quite some liveries available today though, in the Avsim library, TOGA Projects have a few and the Flight1 library too. Yeah, I'm very tempted to buy the PMDG haha, but the cost isn't very appealing😅 Thanks for your reply!

On 3/11/2021 at 4:46 PM, TurboKen said:

I have the iFly747 and agree the texturing is just OK. But you can go to there forums and download the update to the 747-8i and that is a little better and gives you the newer aircraft.

If you want something that looks amazing get the Captain Sim 777 outside visuals are the best I have seen. Overall the best value aircraft has to be the QualityWings787, which is also a great plane.

Yeah, leaning more towards the PMDG then, but the cost is the problem hehe😝 I actually looked at the CS 777 before, but the interior texturing just isn't holding up to today's standards imo, and the systems aren't very well modelled from what I've heard. I agree on the exterior texturing though, wow!😍 The 787 is a bit too modern for my liking tbh, but the visuals are stunning and the price tag is great!🔥 Thanks for the reply!

Edited by vdae

You could always try the iFly product and if not happy with it then get a refund.

• Upvote 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

On 3/13/2021 at 5:57 PM, vdae said:

Ah, understand! There are quite some liveries available today though, in the Avsim library, TOGA Projects have a few and the Flight1 library too. Yeah, I'm very tempted to buy the PMDG haha, but the cost isn't very appealing😅 Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, leaning more towards the PMDG then, but the cost is the problem hehe😝 I actually looked at the CS 777 before, but the interior texturing just isn't holding up to today's standards imo, and the systems aren't very well modelled from what I've heard. I agree on the exterior texturing though, wow!😍 The 787 is a bit too modern for my liking tbh, but the visuals are stunning and the price tag is great!🔥 Thanks for the reply!

Captain sim 777 is not a good plane. I own it, never fly it.

pmdg 747 qots2 is superb. It’s definitely the 747 you ideally want, it’s just obviously super expensive.

overall - despite the price, i’d say pmdg qots2 offers good value if you like the type.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 3/14/2021 at 9:56 PM, cowpatz said:

You could always try the iFly product and if not happy with it then get a refund.

Oh, really? Where did you read this, couldn't find it in the product description?🍻

On 3/14/2021 at 10:58 PM, OzWhitey said:

Captain sim 777 is not a good plane. I own it, never fly it.

pmdg 747 qots2 is superb. It’s definitely the 747 you ideally want, it’s just obviously super expensive.

overall - despite the price, i’d say pmdg qots2 offers good value if you like the type.

Understand why haha😆 Yeah, will take some time to think and decide which one to buy👍 Thanks for the input?

3 hours ago, vdae said:

Oh, really? Where did you read this, couldn't find it in the product description

Buying from Flight1, you qualify for the 30-day return policy.

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=tos

Edited by Rafal