Sign in to follow this  
nealmac

Bug with training lessons?

So I finally bit the bullet and bought MSFS, as I was getting burned out with P3D. It looks absolutely stunning out of the box, and I'm enjoying getting used the different key commands and camera mechanics. I decided to go throught the training lessons, just to have them done but I seem to be encountering a bug on the 2nd lesson. When it starts out, it says the instructor is in control, but she's clearly not, as the aircraft is on 29% power, and descending quite rapidly. I'm unable to take control (even though I shouldn't have to) and if I let it go to far, I'll end up hitting the ground.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? There was no such problem with the first lesson. Or is it just because I'm a noob to the software and I'm missing something blatantly obvious?

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

It's a known issue from yesterday's update. Unlucky timing!

• The plane continually loses altitude causing it to crash after loading into the Attitudes & Instruments Training Flight

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

It's a known issue from yesterday's update. Unlucky timing!

Just my luck, eh? 😄

Thanks for that. Glad to hear it's not just me then. I'll wait for a patch. I've been googling all evening without any joy, so eventually I came here. Haven't been here in ages. Great to see that it's still a good place for fast answers.

• Like 2

Best regards,

Neal McCullough

I tried the Airliner training and had no luck. For the take-off training, I sit there on the runway waiting for the instructor to tell me to start the roll... and nothing. Then I start the roll anyway and hear a voice telling me that I wasn't authorized to take off yet. At one point I sat there for like 10 minutes and no instruction to take off. Oh well..

Hi there.

I just noticed the same issue on my pc ( instructor is not in control, and the aircraft flies into the ground ).

Any idea what is going on please?

Hi, 

Issue is happening for me and I just installed the game 12 hours ago. I've been looking online everywhere for fixes but it appears this issue doesn't have a resolution. 

I have the same issue with Lesson #2.  Guess we have to skip that one and go on to the others.

Always remember to Find Your FUN!

-Bob