Sign in to follow this  
EmaRacing

Where's the lightning?

I noticed that for a few months I didn't see any lightning in what should be thunderstorms, did they disable it again after it was lightning everywhere?

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

On 3/11/2021 at 2:21 AM, monica6211 said:

I flew in a thunderstorm today and got lightning.

and thunder?

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

I haven't seen lightning for month in RL but that doesn't mean it's not there. ;)

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I saw lighning in bound to KMIA yesterday, first time for months.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

They added lightning to the sim but it was happening everywhere (even in clear skies).

Instead of fixing whatever the problem was, they just turned it way way down for the entire world.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Had a good deal of lightning and thunder flying in Peru earlier today. 

Good point.  I hadn't realised until you mentioned it.  Haven't seen lightening for a while.  To be honest though, it's much better than thunder and lightening whenever there was as much as one little fluffy cloud in the sky that we had before. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Instead of fixing whatever the problem was, they just turned it way way down for the entire world.

No, that would be a very simplistic shortcut for Asobo. They did in fact fix it, I had thunderstorms and lightning the other day coming in to Bergen. No more clear skies thunder here either.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

They added lightning to the sim but it was happening everywhere (even in clear skies).

Sorry but this is misinformation. I am still getting thunderstorms and lightning as usual.

• Like 1

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

Indeed. The only thing that turned lightning down was Winter.

Not that many thunderstorms during this time of the year in the northern hemisphere. 😉

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, badger2000 said:

Good point.  I hadn't realised until you mentioned it.  Haven't seen lightening for a while.  To be honest though, it's much better than thunder and lightening whenever there was as much as one little fluffy cloud in the sky that we had before. 

I forgot all about that problem, having constant flashes over clear skies made me almost quit the sim for a while.

I was getting lightning, thunder, and scattered showers during my flight in southwestern Ohio. And in real life, that area was indeed experiencing thunderstorms.

43 minutes ago, monica6211 said:

I was getting lightning, thunder, and scattered showers during my flight in southwestern Ohio. And in real life, that area was indeed experiencing thunderstorms.

I got hammered yesterday at Wright-Patterson AFB too. I thought it was some Live weather anomaly in MSFS so it’s interesting to hear there were RW thunderstorms in Ohio

• Like 1

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Not true. There are thunder sounds and lightnings.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam