Sign in to follow this  
virtuali

FSDT Spring Sale, all products 35% off

... and I am SO LOOKING FORWARD TO GSX in MSFS... soon 🙂

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Any opinions on Zurich and Geneve?

Thinking about those or the Basel/Mulhouse airport which is newer.

On 3/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, kttd said:

And...what about their older (?) Hawaiian airport collections #1 and #2 for FSX/FS9.  Would like to hear about frame rates and how they fit in with Orbx global.

I have ORBX and the Hawn Airports 1 and 2. It's seamless and the airports are well done so it makes for some fun island hopping. I've used both the "default" Orbx PHNL and the FSDT PHNL and prefer the FSDT one so I'd get that too if you can. And whichever way you go the Honolulu Cityscape is stunning. 

Edited by Fatback

On 3/11/2021 at 8:47 AM, kttd said:

And...what about their older (?) Hawaiian airport collections #1 and #2 for FSX/FS9.  Would like to hear about frame rates and how they fit in with Orbx global.

hmm, wish I could delete this...

Edited by Fatback

On 3/14/2021 at 8:11 AM, tktheo93 said:

Both are good. They're older of course but were excellent quality and imho still are and worth the money. FSDT has done an excellent job on the scenery and they're great locations too for flying around or out of Europe. 

On 3/14/2021 at 4:11 PM, tktheo93 said:

Beware Zurich for P3D.

It has awkward pieces of airport equpiment popping in and out randomly. You naither can remove them nor is the developer willing to fix that.

You can take a look at their support forum.

&

ugcx_banner.png

How do I uninstall FSDT airports (Vancouver specifically) and GSX in P3D4? I never wanted GSX, but had to install it otherwise airport won't install. Now I can't find a way to uninstall anything and it installed a lot of things all over my PC.

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

Just now, rooitou said:

How do I uninstall FSDT airports (Vancouver specifically) and GSX in P3D4?

Add or Remove programs and select from the various FSDreamteam entries.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

1 minute ago, rooitou said:

How do I uninstall FSDT airports (Vancouver specifically) and GSX in P3D4? I never wanted GSX, but had to install it otherwise airport won't install. Now I can't find a way to uninstall anything and it installed a lot of things all over my PC.

Control Panel and Uninstall Programs? Easy as two or three clicks with a mouse.

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

Awesome, thanks guys, nothing showed up when I tried it the last time. Go figure

i7-12700KF, RTX 3080 12GB, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, ASUS PG348Q 34" ultra-wide monitor, Track IR 5, HP Reverb G2, Windows 10 64-bit

CYVR (Vancouver) is on sale at FSDT and ORBX.

I have lots and lots of ORBX including their PNW region.

FSDT say the FSX version of CYVR works with P3Dv4.x (latest version). It's also way cheaper even though ORBX is also on sale. For what it's worth, I also have GSX but I've never used it (it was on sale :-) )

Which CYVR version would you recommend, FSDT or ORBX?   Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

27 minutes ago, oneleg said:

Which CYVR version would you recommend, FSDT or ORBX?   Thank you.

Not to highjack the thread, but ...

I live in Greater Vancouver and pre-pandemic flew in and out of CYVR regularly on business. FSimStudios CYVR (ORBX) is much better than FSDT CYVR: more up to date and overall a better representation of the airport and surroundings. The former also includes updates of buildings in downtown Vancouver (FSDT CYVR doesn't), including BC Place Stadium.

• Like 1

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

1 hour ago, JRMurray said:

Not to highjack the thread, but ...

I live in Greater Vancouver and pre-pandemic flew in and out of CYVR regularly on business. FSimStudios CYVR (ORBX) is much better than FSDT CYVR: more up to date and overall a better representation of the airport and surroundings. The former also includes updates of buildings in downtown Vancouver (FSDT CYVR doesn't), including BC Place Stadium.

Appreciate the info. I decided to try out FSDT CYVR because it's so much cheaper than ORBX's version AND I figured they also have KLAX and KLAS (McCarran Las Vegas) on sale and I already have GSX.

Are you familiar with FSDT's KLAX and KLAS?  Are there better alternatives? I'm wondering if KLAS overlaps ORBX's Boulder airport (61B).

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I coudn't believe that I picked up DFW for less than 8 Euros!!

Its old but for P3D there's no better version out there as far as I am aware and it still holds it own.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!