Sign in to follow this  
F737MAX

FSimStudios Vancouver released

Woah this looks great.  I like that they included the seaplane base too.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Originally the FSSimStudios Vancouver webpage is underwhelming and lacks detailed pictures, I suggest the Orbx Webpage (loads of detailed pictures) instead.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/fsimstudios-cyvr-msfs

I also suggest this YouTube Channel to peak your interest in this airport (great photography & editing in 4k: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTzvyZ6Lm2TWZ6cS6Pr8yWw

Darryl

29 minutes ago, SP2472 said:

Originally the FSSimStudios Vancouver webpage is underwhelming and lacks detailed pictures, I suggest the Orbx Webpage (loads of detailed pictures) instead.

https://orbxdirect.com/product/fsimstudios-cyvr-msfs

I also suggest this YouTube Channel to peak your interest in this airport (great photography & editing in 4k: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTzvyZ6Lm2TWZ6cS6Pr8yWw

Darryl

I just got the FSSim version and it's 10X better than the screenshots show.  They actually have transparent terminals which aren't shown in the screenshots.  It's only 1 way glass though.  That might be an oversight on their part.  Overall the scenery is really good and well worth the 11 bucks or whatever is was.

• Like 2

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

3 hours ago, Dorkust said:

If I bought (installed) the marketplace CYVR version already, would installing this version cause any issues or would it just overwrite the marketplace one?  Don't want to brick my MSFS 2020.

You'll have to uninstall it from the content menu in your profile page.

• Like 1

I have the dream team one. Better than stock scenery obviously, but meh. Its not accurate, there are things that are years out of date. For example the "Esso Avitat" FBO has been Signature for years. Taxiway Alpha still shows as a runway... which has not been that way for over 10 years.... there are also trees all over the airfield that are not present in real life. Not sure if the dev could get rid of those or not. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

I have the dream team one. Better than stock scenery obviously, but meh. Its not accurate, there are things that are years out of date. For example the "Esso Avitat" FBO has been Signature for years. Taxiway Alpha still shows as a runway...

It would be helpful if you could post this on our forum and make a list of the things that are still out of date, since we already updated everything to match current charts, but something might have slipped off.

I would love to see a more in-depth comparison between the two. Here are some screenshots I was able to take today, I may add more if I have more time soon. For me, FSIMSTUDIOS have more details in their sceneries from just glancing. What do you think?

FSDT

159622889-177092504024939-53322259506853

FSIMSTUDIOS

159998900-1754100401430710-3767755331345

FSDT

160277914-1013670605829637-7308112250728

FSIMSTUDIOS

160080496-274773414092230-68395918396812

Alex

Edited by alex91

8 hours ago, DJJose said:

Very impressive at that price point and the dev even includes part of the city. It will be useful if we can compare to FSDT's version.

I did a quick drone cam video a few months back if you want to take a glance...Personally, I don't fly there enough to really care who's is better. FSDT was cheap, so I couldn't pass it up.

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

It seems more like a quick n dirty port rather than built from the ground up like this one

Nobody said it was built from the ground up, but it's NOT a "quick and dirt port" either.

Here's the list of the things that has been changed from the original FSX version:

• The airport layout has been updated. A whole new section of the main Terminal ( Pier B, Gate 11-28 ) has been modeled, together with the new extension ( Pier A, gate 1-12 )
  • Due to these changes, lots of parking names has been renamed, to reflect the current situation.
  • All textures and materials has been improved and converted to PBR, with added normal map details and proper metallic/roughness maps.
  • Dynamic Lighting has been remade entirely from scratch, using the native MSFS 2020 lighting system, with hundreds of individual light sources.
  • The background photoreal image has been updated to reflect changes at Piers A and B of the Main Terminal.
  • All Aprons materials has been remade using the native MSFS system.
  • All 3d taxi-light fixtures have been remade using the native MSFS system.
  • Runways have now their correct Slope profile.
  • Jetways has been all remade according to the latest MSFS 2020 SDK.
  • Main Terminal Pier D extension added, complete with interiors.
  • Airside Operations building area added, including a working Wind generator.
  • Updated and added ground details in the West De-icing pad.
  • Added D5-D7-D9 taxiways at the start of RWY26L.
  • Added displaced threshold to RWY26L.
  • Added overrun areas to runways 13/31 ends.
  • Added Windsocks and ILS antennas.
  • Updated background and aprons around the former fire training area.
  • All Ground Markings for parking spots updated to current visual style.
  • All parking spots positions and numbers updated, to match current 2020 charts.
  • Many ground markings added or updated.
  • Added several GA parking spots in the south area of the airport.
  • Many new vehicle paths added or updated to match the airport changes.
  • Updated Magnetic variation to 2020. Fixed all ILS auto-approaches.
  • Added HSBC logos to jetways.
  • Added more varied textures for shops in the terminal interiors.
  • Fire Training airplane moved.

Edited by virtuali

27 minutes ago, virtuali said:

It would be helpful if you could post this on our forum and make a list of the things that are still out of date, since we already updated everything to match current charts, but something might have slipped off.

Happy to! I was wondering if there was any way to get in touch with the dev. I work in Airside Planning for YVR, so I am probably way more in tune with the airside world than most. 

Edited by jpe828

Given this thread is supposed to be about the release of the FSim version and not the FSDT one, I can at least say that the FSim version includes the new Apron 6 to the East of the Transborder gates. That apron has been operational for several months now.

Having used both, I would wholeheartedly choose the FSim one every time, it is more detailed, more accurate and looks better in my opinion.
Just a quick check of the screenshots Alex posted above (in particular the landside shot of the International Departures entrance) and comparing them to Streetview shows the obvious attention to detail in the FSim version (the stonework on the walls, green passenger signs, correct road and sidewalk, correctly modelled canopy and windows and doors)
Again if you look at Alex's airside comparison of the domestic A Gates area you can see the FSim version has the covered walkway accurately modeled compared to the real version, has the light masts in the correct location and has more accurate ground markings. More generally around the airport it will take far too long to list all the things that are more accurate in the FSim version, but just a couple of examples - Ground markings at the South Terminal (ground markings all over the airport are significantly more accurate in the FSim version), Dual Jetways on the new Terminal extension (The 55-70 Gates) and the E gates are correctly numbered (there is no E6 anymore which is visible in the FSDT video above. They are E1-E3 which happened when the new taxi lanes were built for Apron 6) and Gate 28 was decomissioned some time ago, which again is shown in the FSDT video above.
If I wanted to spend the time going over both very closely I am sure I could find many more.

Really its not a very close comparison to be honest, the FSim version is by far the most accurate version of how CYVR exists today. I'm not here to word not allowed on FSDT or their work, I have all their airports, I like their work, its just the FSim YVR is significantly better. Fsim have really delivered a superb rendition of YVR.
As always YMMV and these kind of things can been seen a subjective, just sharing my thoughts.

1 hour ago, jpe828 said:

Happy to! I was wondering if there was any way to get in touch with the dev. I work in Airside Planning for YVR, so I am probably way more in tune with the airside world than most. 

Please contact me ( on the forum or the FSDT support email ), it would be mostly helpful and, I had a look at your comment about taxi A still having some runway markings on it and yes, they should be gone so, there's already a fix for it on FSDT Live Update now.

Edited by virtuali

20 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Please contact me ( on the forum or the FSDT support email ), it would be mostly helpful and, I had a look at your comment about taxi A still having some runway markings on it and yes, they should be gone so, there's already a fix for it on FSDT Live Update now.

Hi viruali.  I think you are associated with FSDT, right?  My only criticism of the FSDT version of CYVR is that the sky train tracks go into the ground before the train reaches Sea Island Centre station on the Canada line.  It would be nicer if the train tracks make it all the way to Sea Island Centre station, for immersion purposes.  I specifically asked FSimStudios to fix this and they said their sky train tracks make it all the way to Sea Island Centre station.

Otherwise, I am happy with my FSDT purchase.  I think for the price I paid for FSDT's CYVR, it was worth it, especially because it came out so early in November last year.

I do plan to purchase FSimStudio's version of CYVR but the FSDT version of CYVR was very nice to fly during the wait for FSimStudio's version.   

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

$10.99 USD is a very good price for the FSimStudio version of CYVR.  I thought it would be more expensive, compared to FSDT's CYVR.  But the fact that FSimStudio is pricing it as $10.99 USD, wow, that's an excellent price, something I didn't expect.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM