Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

P3D Just closes on load.

Hey everyone,
I was experiencing a very annoying issue with P3D v5, Whenever I load a flight (an aircraft is loaded and I can go ahead and fly) FlyChrono as you know waits for the sim and when it finally loads it knows where you are in the world and changes the time accordingly. the problem is that whenever the sim loads again after the flight has already been loaded it gets to 63% and then crashes, (no error just closes), this doesn't only happen with FlyChrono, it happens when you load the sim after it has already been loaded (examples: Change the position, change time, change aircraft). Why is this happening and how can I resolve it? 

Anything in the Windows Application Event log? That would give you a clue as to the faulting module.

If it's a crash without anything in the log, that indicates that Windows closed the process untidily. The fact that it's happening during loading suggests that it's to do with the loading process which would probably rule out a DX12 issue - but not necessarily. If it always happens at the same % then that means it's related to whatever loading task is flagged as being at 63%. This would likely be after loading terrain but before loading AI. What does P3D say it's loading at the point when it crashes (ie what's the text in the loading progress box)?

Unfortunately P3Dv5 does seem to crash much more often without an error in the log, and for me these crashes seem to be related to DX12. For example, I have a saved flight scenario, if I load it again after the sim has already started then it will just crash after load (goes to black screen then crashes). Nothing in the log. Works fine if I load it at startup. If I have to re-load it then I have to actually reboot the machine to get it to load reliably. This strongly suggests an issue with DX12 (for example, some people have crashes that do not resolve until the clear the DX12 shader cache). 

Can't help much more without more information, I'm afraid.

Temporary sim: 9700K @ 5GHz, 2TB NVMe SSD, RTX 3080Ti, MSFS + SPAD.NeXT

Alright, I'll do some testing and get back to you with the information in about an hour, cannot do it right now.

Thanks very much 🙂

Yuval.

3 hours ago, Yuval350 said:

Hey everyone,
I was experiencing a very annoying issue with P3D v5, Whenever I load a flight (an aircraft is loaded and I can go ahead and fly) FlyChrono as you know waits for the sim and when it finally loads it knows where you are in the world and changes the time accordingly. the problem is that whenever the sim loads again after the flight has already been loaded it gets to 63% and then crashes, (no error just closes), this doesn't only happen with FlyChrono, it happens when you load the sim after it has already been loaded (examples: Change the position, change time, change aircraft). Why is this happening and how can I resolve it? 

This is caused by a corrupt .dll file. I had the same issue and tracked it down to ASP3D. What you need to do is go to your addons when the sim start up menu launches.Then deselect your addons one by one until the sim starts up normally. I traced my error to an outdated ASP3D version. By de-selecting AS in my addons, the sim would launch normally. Maybe deselect all addons and see if the sim launches. Then re-intoduce them one by one until the sim crashes. Process of elimination! Regards.

(I'm assuming you are using the "addon xml method").

Edited by Peter Webber
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

Did you uninstall Microsoft Office 365 (or Office of any sort) in Windows 10?  It might have deleted a dll that P3D uses. I had the same issue when I did that, and this solved it for me.

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139844

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140904

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129037

There are several topics about the subject (more that what I posted here), but the one I found to fix the problem eludes me at the moment (I'm on break at work, so limited time!)

Edited by netshadoe

Devin Pollock
CYOW

BetaTeamB.png

2 hours ago, Peter Webber said:

This is caused by a corrupt .dll file. I had the same issue and tracked it down to ASP3D. What you need to do is go to your addons when the sim start up menu launches.Then deselect your addons one by one until the sim starts up normally. I traced my error to an outdated ASP3D version. By de-selecting AS in my addons, the sim would launch normally. Maybe deselect all addons and see if the sim launches. Then re-intoduce them one by one until the sim crashes. Process of elimination! Regards.

(I'm assuming you are using the "addon xml method").

I'll try that, thanks

17 minutes ago, netshadoe said:

Did you uninstall Microsoft Office 365 (or Office of any sort) in Windows 10?  It might have deleted a dll that P3D uses. I had the same issue when I did that, and this solved it for me.

http://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139844

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=140904

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129037

There are several topics about the subject (more that what I posted here), but the one I found to fix the problem eludes me at the moment (I'm on break at work, so limited time!)

No, I did not.

Thanks everyone, hopefully P3D will work again 😄

Actually, I don't know how but now it just works, I guess P3D Just felt like being annoying to me, thanks anyway everyone : )