Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

March 11th, 2021 - Development Update

2 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

The sim was represented as being done and a media hype train was spun up based on it being done.  The "10 year journey" pivot didn't happen until after release.  People deserve the working product they paid for at release. .

I think you've twisted my words here to make you point 🙂 having said that you are 100% correct the product shipped with far to many issues and the 10 year cycle shouldn't be provided as a means of remediation for those issues.

However I disagree with the 10 year cycle not being part of the plan - there was a wide publication of an event at Renton shortly after the product was anounced where the development plan and commitment was made very clear.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fppilot said:

No. I am a former pilot who now has over 8,000 of flight simulator time from 1982 forward and have worked with this simulator since August.  Before you hurl out comments like that here I suggest you first read message sidebars, footers, and profiles.  Member to member respect is a key ingredient of what makes Avsim so great.

I didn't mean to offend. I read your post wrong I'm sorry, but I don't see what your flying experience has to do with your experience in MSFS and those comments you posted were all covered in the Q&A stream. 

34 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

The sim was represented as being done and a media hype train was spun up based on it being done.  The "10 year journey" pivot didn't happen until after release.  People deserve the working product they paid for at release. 

I recall them saying it was a 10 year project before release.  Wish I could find the video again, but it was a Q&A video with the Asobo team before the release of the game.

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

I recall them saying it was a 10 year project before release.  Wish I could find the video again, but it was a Q&A video with the Asobo team before the release of the game.

There is a big difference between saying the platform was expected to have a 10 year life, and then releasing a 1/3rd or 1/2 done platform and then trying to argue that the prior statement means we should give them a pass on actually finishing it.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

37 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

Some of us might not even be alive in 10 years.....many older simmers in the community...

That would be me LOL

cheers 

bs

• Upvote 3

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

1 minute ago, marsman2020 said:

There is a big difference between saying the platform was expected to have a 10 year life, and then releasing a 1/3rd or 1/2 done platform and then trying to argue that the prior statement means we should give them a pass on actually finishing it.

I'm not sure why you are going off on a different tangent on something I didn't claim. I said Asobo did say it was a 10 year project before the release of the game.  I didn't say anything about releasing 1/3 or 1/2 of a done platform, etc.  I'm saying that your facts are wrong about Asobo not saying it was a 10 year project before the release of the game.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

14 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

but I don't see what your flying experience has to do with your experience in MSFS

And so 8,000 hours logged in flight simulators is something you do not understand?  Or perhaps you did not read well?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

13 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I didn't say anything about releasing 1/3 or 1/2 of a done platform, etc.  I'm saying that your facts are wrong about Asobo not saying it was a 10 year project before the release of the game.

I believe what he was alluding to is a product with a ten year commitment was not construed by many of us to imply that 10 years was a development cycle to get us to flight simulator functionality that we already had.  We appreciate the glitz part of it, we don't appreciate the gaps.  Avionics, nav database, weather, ATC, AIS/AWOS.  Missing (significant) airports.  Significant airports that are flat blobs of color.  This sim has its strengths and advancements.  No question. But it lacks so much that already existed.  No question either.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I just remember old times when I got my first copy of SubLogic flight sim! It was mind blowing! And no one complained! Now we have state of the art sim which is slowly improving and people constantly bitching about it. Seriously ? You know what you get for $119 in real world? Half an hour of discovery flight LOL It it won't be CJ4 LOL Come on people get on with life! 🙂

• Like 8
  • Upvote 3

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

This is feeling like a stupid question.  Their new marketplace products show the T-45, but I don't see it in my marketplace.  Is this actually available or is this still coming (next week?)?

Eric Szczesniak

4 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

This is feeling like a stupid question.  Their new marketplace products show the T-45, but I don't see it in my marketplace.  Is this actually available or is this still coming (next week?)?

I think I read that the Thursday Development Updates show the NEW or Updated products and such, but sometimes they don't show up in the Market Place till the next day, I think?

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

4 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:
  • Spring 2021 - Combined Sim Update 4 and World Update 5
  • Summer 2021 - Xbox/DirectX 12 Update
  • Autumn 2021 - Sim Update 5 (+World Update 6?)
  • Winter 2021 - World Update 6/7

Where I live, Spring 2021 is about 6 months away. Seems a helluva long time to wait for Update 4😢

Pretty happy though that I will get sim update 5 shortly tho as Autumn 2021 is already knocking on the door.

😁

Edited by RaptyrOne
  • Like 1

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

8 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Where I live, Spring 2021 is about 6 months away. Seems a helluva long time to wait for Update 4😢

Pretty happy though that I will get sim update 5 shortly tho as Autumn 2021 is already knocking on the door.

😁

Honestly if they just hotfix the intermittent stutters that have been more evident in the latest sim update, ill gladly sit through the rest of the bugs in this sim for 4 months.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Fall 2021 for those wx improvements that were touted to be in sim update 3.

According to the Q&A they’re going to completely overhaul the weather system, that might be what that is

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Armchair Pilot said:

Honestly if they just hotfix the intermittent stutters that have been more evident in the latest sim update, ill gladly sit through the rest of the bugs in this sim for 4 months.

Oh I am with you on that!

If they would just focus on fixing what is broke (although that is pretty much everything, but let’s not broaden their focus to much as we know the results of that), and never release another world update, this sim will fly.

Even the word not allowed logbook is still broken and can’t record take offs and landings properly. How difficult can that be?! Either they don’t want to fix it or genuinely don’t know how to fix it. Either way, poor show. Not like this was released yesterday, this sim will be a year old in a few months time!

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor