Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Searching the positives from Sim Update 3

Since I am on flight simulator less I've been more productive in my work

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i dont care about sim updates that much, japan or england, we haven't even started from there yet.

i still fly with friends online in VR, seightseeing, mostly in the same favorite airplane, this fun have not changed since the beta.

• Like 1

Contrails? I am not sure what I should think. On  the one hand, some folks are looking for complete, working  aircrafts, and that's fair, since it is a "flight sim" after all ; on the other hand, some folks are losing sleep over poorly depicted contrails and other of what I consider" important but can wait until later "stuff. If I were Asobo, I'd be tearing my hair out, trying to please very opposite crowds. Sure, the long term goal is a complete sim, inside and outside the plane. As a small hardware developer, I may have the expertise, but many times I realize I got it wrong only after finishing the project. It's the nature of the beast. It's costly, but the military, too, can tell us that even billions of dollars spent on an airplane wont guarantee that it wont disappoint once it's in the air.

For my part, FS2020 has got me hooked and I am not looking back. Yes, I still have xplane, P3D and FSX on my PC. I simply can't go back.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

After reaching out to AS about the problems and what that mean to the CRJ, getting told to go away as no one here has a problem and getting down votes within mins.

Mr K can stuff his CRJ up is......Just saved £45.

So saving £45 is a positive.

I was thinking the same, this will have a big affect on addon sales,if this trend is going to continue. 

• Like 1

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Pretty much zero positives for me. But there again pretty much zero negatives apart from the broken Mooney. So nothing to write home about either way.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

LOD - just horrible

I am also seeing this and it's quite disappointing. A lot of buildings pop in at 2-3 miles distance, especially in photogrammetry areas. Even with LOD sliders at 200.

It was not like this before, and it's not my CPU, which is literally sleeping since I play in VR, or the connection (300 MBit fiber).

I really hope they finally realize what is worth prioritizing in order to make the sim better, even if new paper mache landmarks generate more money than bugfixes: who detects bugs and issues has ALREADY bought the game.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, RaptyrOne said:

I'd love to hear some positives

It's not as bad as some of the previous updates, especially that one which busted the avionics. Will that do? 🤣

Okay here's another one: Courtesy of the latest update, the Carenado Piper PA-28 Arrow now has a special feature where it can do a fantastic impersonation of a Junkers 87 'Stuka' when you drop some flaps. All it needs now is one of those little wind-driven dive bombing sirens on it and it'll have everyone running for cover like they're on the beach at Dunkirk.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

55 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

After reaching out to AS about the problems and what that mean to the CRJ, getting told to go away as no one here has a problem and getting down votes within mins.

Mr K can stuff his CRJ up is......Just saved £45.

So saving £45 is a positive.

I was the same, i recieved 11 red votes in seconds just for asking.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

@ChaoticBeauty Nailed it though, i have had no CTD@S at all since the update, so to be fair they seem to have cured this issue that was a nightmare for a lot of us.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

The most important is to find positive things.For me it's going to be a weekend full of challenges ... fly in IFR without ever looking outside until the next update.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Yep with FD and HDG off you can toggle roll mode with Autopilot. Pitch and roll will then stay in the attitude you engaged at. Plus its a quick way to immediately zero trim for the speed your at.

Regards

Edited by Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I have been ok on this update, prior one (UK update) I had the long FPS into the teens for a minute problem, this one seems to be ok with that and pretty consistent so far.  I will need to do more flying, but so far ok-ish.

Simon

The glow around the aircraft is gone- that's a positive. Other than that, I can't really enjoy flying thanks to the performance glitches that pop up at the worst-possible times post UK update. I'm glad it's getting noticed now, but it's been a problem since then.

37 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

After reaching out to AS about the problems and what that mean to the CRJ,

38 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I was thinking the same, this will have a big affect on addon sales, if this trend is going to continue. 

Yea, I too have decided to hold off purchasing the CRJ, at least until it has been out for a while to hear the reviews and perspectives. 

Dan Scott