Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Searching the positives from Sim Update 3

5 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

World updates should be last on the priority list at this point!

For you

When is avsim going to understand that you represent a minor part of the customer base? People also care about landmarks, I care about landmarks and scenery improvements.

• Like 7

Cheers :)

N.-

8 minutes ago, neucoas said:

For you

When is avsim going to understand that you represent a minor part of the customer base? People also care about landmarks, I care about landmarks and scenery improvements.

Well, you are certainly entitled to your opinion as much as I am to mine (although saying I represent a "Minor" part of the customer base is pure opinion on your part)...

I however, could care less about world updates (for the time being) when the current core sim updates are broken, buggy, break additional features and are released at a sloooow drip!

I merely believe, IMHO, that with any software release (video game or otherwise) all resources and assets should be put in a priority of fixing the major broken or buggy aspects first and completing the missing core content, then the extra additional stuff can be added later.  To me its like adding all the fancy decorations on a cake before its finished baking! 

Edited by Kilo60
  • Like 2

Chris Camp

Let me think of how perfect this sim is right now!

After update #3, I have FPS that gets cut in half after a few minutes of using the sim.

I've had to deal with:

Trees and objects with a halo effect.

Mesh Spikes.

Payware airports had blue taxi lights all over the place, even in daylight hours.

Broken coastlines.

Watermasks removed or missing.

AP broken!

Payware airplanes broken.

Mods broken.

LOD ridiculously reduced.

ATC is atrocious.

Live weather still doesn't work.

AI is, well, non-existent.

The sim will not load unless we disable all usb controllers.

Issues with aps needed to be updated or sim will not load.

and much more. Need I say more?

and the response by the developer, pathetic!

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, DJJose said:

After update #3, I have FPS that gets cut in half after a few minutes of using the sim.

Mesh Spikes.

Payware airports had blue taxi lights all over the place, even in daylight hours.

Broken coastlines.

AP broken!

Mods broken.

ATC is atrocious.

But Hey, look at the bright side; the France World Update is inbound!

• Like 3

Chris Camp

Every game I ever played had stutters. X-plane was the smoothest but even that wasn’t free. I’ve had less with MSFS than I have had with fsx and P3D. I’ve completed many flights with the A32NX and default 747 and 787 without issue. I see all these complaints and I just don’t see the many issues that others see. For me it’s very stable and updating is a breeze. I also don’t remove my community folder. My system is less than special, it’s 1050ti and an older cpu. I get 20-25 FPS around NYC, occasional stutter but p3d gives me hell and it doesn’t look good. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I've had to deal with:

Mesh Spikes.

Broken coastlines.

AP broken!

Mods broken.

ATC is atrocious.

I can counter this with my experience with 10 hrs of flying sim update 3

no halo

no mesh spikes

i don’t have a lot of pay ware airports so no comment.

AP worked fine for all my flights

mods need to update their own product, pmdg broke several times after p3d update and it needed to update so this is normal. Same with x-plane. A320nx worked fine for me last night.

I saw no impact of LOD.

atc is by far the best from all sims. Not great but is by far better than the word not allowed from the other platforms.

I had plenty of ai flying around.

So is it the sim? Have you checked your settings? Seems weird that I have the same but none of your issues.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why not just uninstall the sim and relieve yourself of the misery?

Because for some people it's like burn their little savings for their pleasure for not much and bad result or it's as if also I will send you a good direct punch in your head for no reason.Do you understand the idea?

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I’m also one of the lucky ones so it seems and the latest update hasn’t caused any issues. My frame rates have stayed the same and the very very occasional stutters have been there since the start - although it could just be my eyes! (My rig is an i9 3090 32gb ram.) With so many people having problems I almost feel guilty sometimes.
I have finally uninstalled Xplane (no more fiddling with the ortho tiles- yay!). I do agree that some of the ongoing quirks, the garmins, phogrammetry etc etc are a little tiresome (plus I gave up on the manual cache but might now try again) otherwise I’m a content flight simmer. Having said that I’m not buying any add ons, despite how tempting, since I’m a little paranoid on things being unstable during the first 12 to 18 months of the sim. The only mods I use are the WT ones and that freeware replay software. 
(Also, I haven’t seen the contrails yet). 

At least I can fly Just Flight Arrow III, for awhile anyway...

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

6 minutes ago, Beanoutback said:

I’m also one of the lucky ones so it seems and the latest update hasn’t caused any issues. My frame rates have stayed the same and the very very occasional stutters have been there since the start - although it could just be my eyes! (My rig is an i9 3090 32gb ram.) With so many people having problems I almost feel guilty sometimes.
I have finally uninstalled Xplane (no more fiddling with the ortho tiles- yay!). I do agree that some of the ongoing quirks, the garmins, phogrammetry etc etc are a little tiresome (plus I gave up on the manual cache but might now try again) otherwise I’m a content flight simmer. Having said that I’m not buying any add ons, despite how tempting, since I’m a little paranoid on things being unstable during the first 12 to 18 months of the sim. The only mods I use are the WT ones and that freeware replay software. 
(Also, I haven’t seen the contrails yet). 

You also don't see the problems at first glance, but you do see them when you fly regularly and when you fly a lot like me the list gets very long and the 3090 will not do miracles in this case at the moment.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Stutters come with with flight simming, as ticks come with deer.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

3 hours ago, Chock said:

It's not as bad as some of the previous updates, especially that one which busted the avionics. Will that do? 🤣

What is really, really sad is the fact that this statement is a positive.

I am looking forward to the first bug free update, world update or hotfix, which, as I have said before is, I believe, scheduled for 2043.  I think the people, and there are many, who advocate forgetting the updates and concentrating on fixing things in order to get a solid, stable platform which is not going to break with each update, are on the right track.

I question just what they think they are achieving generally by releasing the updates like these.  I think most people would love to see things fixed properly before an upgrade of things which may in the long term be more desirable than the original fixes, and I cannot quite see, why MS and Asobo seem incapable of grasping that fact.

I love this sim and I am relatively problem free, but I really do feel for the people who are constantly being subjected to these unwanted pressures.  This indirectly has an impact on me as I read the same things time and time again.  When I do have a problem, I simply exit and go fly P3D or XPlane until I calm down and then address the MSFS problem, so I further feel for those who have deleted previous sim platforms ... an undeniably self-inflicted injury, but relevant anyway.

I live in hope and I too, look great in a Ferrari LOL

Tony

• Like 3

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

1 hour ago, Kilo60 said:

Exactly!!!

Get rid of the useless word not allowed World Update team and hire some additional talented people to fix the core aspects of the sim!

The time, team, and money wasted on a few 3d Landmarks here and there could be better spent on some of the outstanding, completely broken and downright missing features!

World updates should be last on the priority list at this point!

I think most of the 1 million MSFS owners want world updates and dont care if a switch is missing or a GPS is missing a feature. People on this forum are a niche within a niche. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I spend a lot of time in the sim and I put every sim through hell. Fsx at first was horrible, p3d performance wise stabilized after a while but I never saw any real progress after spending money on 5 versions I feel the fool and will never endorse it for home use. X-plane really was a great step after fsx but even that has kind of stalled out and after flying msfs, I can’t go back. Even with the Zibo and other aircrafts. What we have in msfs, is leaps and bounds better. I really don’t know what’s causing people to have so many issues with performance but I do feel bad people can’t enjoy the sim I’m enjoying daily.

• Like 4