Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Searching the positives from Sim Update 3

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

Why not just uninstall the sim and relieve yourself of the misery?

That could well start happening with MSFS users as more of them get fed up with troublesome updates. Bear in mind the people posting here are in general the ones most used to flight simming and its long history of teething troubles. When a lot of teeny boppers find their X Box installations being screwed up every few weeks how long will their interest last.

John B

7 minutes ago, sanh said:

I think most of the 1 million MSFS owners want world updates and dont care if a switch is missing or a GPS is missing a feature. People on this forum are a niche within a niche. 

I think you're wrong. Most of the owners including the kids who bought MSFS won't stay long if they don't take piloting seriously. Most don't play it anymore already anyway .They are not the ones who will support MSFS in the long term and if we add the current problems and the investment it takes to benefit from it.Most of them have gone to play FIFA.

Love stories always start well.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

59 minutes ago, petabread said:

So is it the sim? Have you checked your settings? Seems weird that I have the same but none of your issues.

This is one of the BIG issues in itself.  So many people have problems which are not share by the majority. Another aspect of this is that we rarely hear the "victims" publicise the resolutions or procedures they went through to fix the problems.  It really is weird. The fact that we get so many problems following an update could well be a coincidence, but I do not think so,

I also feel that Modders probably should be responsible for fixing their products, but, after every update??? This is what I mean by establishing a solid and stable template before embarking on, what will be, world and or scenery updates. What we have is a very pretty, visual sim which does not REALLY need more scenery before stability.  I think most people can live temporarily with what visuals we already have, but find it hard to go through the update hassles.  

Let me also remind everyone, we are just over 6 months into this new sim and everyone generally expects some problems even at this stage (look at where P3D is in the development timeframe and they still have problems with updates)

A little patience is called for in my opinion whilst MS and Asobo sort themselves out.  

I just feel that a stable platform is what we should be aiming for, before getting, desirable in the long term, scenery updates and obviously, there are lots of people who disagree with me.

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Positives: If I ever applied to be a Beta Tester for a Software company my CV would just read "well I've got 300+ hours in MSF2020", that alone would get me the job!

#TiredOfBetaTestingThisSimForAsobo

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, Biggles2010 said:

That could well start happening with MSFS users as more of them get fed up with troublesome updates. Bear in mind the people posting here are in general the ones most used to flight simming and its long history of teething troubles. When a lot of teeny boppers find their X Box installations being screwed up every few weeks how long will their interest last.

Interestingly enough, those million or so "teeny boppers" on Steam are giving mostly positive reviews......

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I doubt XBox version will have as many problems...as I'm sure the sim will be dummed down to hell for them.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

4 minutes ago, filou said:

I think you're wrong. Most of the owners including the kids who bought MSFS won't stay long if they don't take piloting seriously. Most don't play it anymore already anyway .They are not the ones who will support MSFS in the long term and if we add the current problems and the investment it takes to benefit from it.Most of them have gone to play FIFA.

Love stories always start well.

To me, that sounds like the age-old community propaganda, cheerfully bouncing around in the community echo-chamber.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

4 hours ago, cappy42 said:

The Flight Director now works for lateral navigation with the Autopilot turned off.  This has been an issue since the sim was released, and is a major fix in Update 3.

So is it possible now to set waypoint altitude targets?

Processor: Intel i9-13900KF 5.8GHz 24-Core, Graphics Processor: Nvidia RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6, System Memory: 64GB High Performance DDR5 SDRAM 5600MHz, Operating System: Windows 11 Home Edition, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX, LGA 1700, CPU Cooling: Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling, RGB and LCD Display, Chassis Fans: Corsair Low Decibel, Addressable RGB Fans, Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Fully Modular Ultra-Low-Noise Platinum ATX 1000 Watt, Primary Storage: 2TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, Secondary Storage: 1TB Samsung Gen 4 NVMe SSD, VR Headset: Meta Quest 2, Primary Display: SONY 4K Bravia 75-inch, 2nd Display: SONY 4K Bravia 43-inch, 3rd Display: Vizio 28-inch, 1920x1080. Controller: Xbox Controller attached to PC via USB.

One thing I noticed, from time to time, rarely the sim resets my settings. And it defaults it to low. I wonder how many people don’t notice this. I’ve been swimming since 1994 and I’m not a novice. Every time a new sim or a sim updates I put it through the same ringer, JFK to ORD. Real world weather, next, jfk to lhr. If these commercial flights work, I go on to the small aircrafts and VFR flying. I do ils, visual, rnav, vor approaches. I always try to use atc. X-plane hands down has the worst atc. Fsx and p3d was so bad, I would always be told to contact tower as I’m on a 100 mile final. With msfs, having set up the flight plan with sim brief and then making the changes on the world map the atc has given me a far better experience. Even with vfr flying, though basic isn’t as buggy as I thought it would be. X-plane doesn’t even do vfr atc. The weather and flight dynamics are very good. Not talking about aircraft dynamics with defaults because they’ve never been something great. I’m talking about how the environment affects the airplane and this is exceptional. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, petabread said:

I spend a lot of time in the sim and I put every sim through hell. Fsx at first was horrible, p3d performance wise stabilized after a while but I never saw any real progress after spending money on 5 versions I feel the fool and will never endorse it for home use. X-plane really was a great step after fsx but even that has kind of stalled out and after flying msfs, I can’t go back. Even with the Zibo and other aircrafts. What we have in msfs, is leaps and bounds better. I really don’t know what’s causing people to have so many issues with performance but I do feel bad people can’t enjoy the sim I’m enjoying daily.

The problem is not in the overall quality of MSFS but in their way of check things out.It's like not seeing an elephant in a hallway .In this case it's grotesque and really not serious at this level.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 minute ago, HiFlyer said:

Interestingly enough, those million or so "teeny boppers" on Steam are giving mostly positive reviews......

Fair comment, and not surprising because it's something relatively new, and there are some amazing visual experiences in MSFS. The question is how long will they stay if updates continue to cause problems.

8 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

To me, that sounds like the age-old community propaganda, cheerfully bouncing around in the community echo-chamber.

I think many MSFS users will not be as dedicated as the Avsim community.

John B

20 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

In any case it's not as a airline pilot where you are the best.

17 minutes ago, petabread said:

this. I’ve been swimming

I think Asobo are swimming too, in the deep end 🙂 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, filou said:

The problem is not in the overall quality of MSFS but in their way of check things out.It's like not seeing an elephant in a hallway .In this case it's grotesque and really not serious at this level.

Actually, if they’re ironing out a bug or an updating something in one area, there’s no way to see everything. I never ran into spikes when everyone was complaining about spikes. So while I’m not saying it wasn’t there, it wasn’t where I was flying. Not one. I use msfs very seriously and don’t play like it’s a game. 

3 minutes ago, petabread said:

Actually, if they’re ironing out a bug or an updating something in one area, there’s no way to see everything. I never ran into spikes when everyone was complaining about spikes. So while I’m not saying it wasn’t there, it wasn’t where I was flying. Not one. I use msfs very seriously and don’t play like it’s a game. 

I n my case I was not looking for the spikes ... I was looking for France there were so many!