Sign in to follow this  
RaptyrOne

Searching the positives from Sim Update 3

1 minute ago, filou said:

I n my case I was not looking for the spikes ... I was looking for France there were so many!

I was in the us and didn’t see any.

1 minute ago, petabread said:

I was in the us and didn’t see any.

France is so small and even more today...

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

Where in France, I’d like to try this. I flew around Paris several times and didn’t see any.

Edited by petabread

2 minutes ago, petabread said:

Where in France, I’d like to try this. I flew around Paris several times and didn’t see any.

They were already repaired a long time ago...Today We are with new problems.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

I see that there is a lot of complaints about this sim. I don’t understand why is so much hate.

I have sim from January, and I didn’t have problems with it, just few CTD’s all related by mods. With latest updates I have no more spikes, no problem with AP since I played first time. With mods from Working Title, Fly by Wire and others is a joy to fly to explore new parts of the world. One thing which is better at least for me, from that last update is weather being more accurate. I don’t know if is just me, but as example in my home airstrip the weather was a bit far from reality. The temperature was off with 6-7 Celsius more and winds wrong too. Now after that update weather is spot on, very  precise in my area. I know that weather had problems in areas with high altitude but that fixed for me. I took off from Daocheng airport from China which is highest airport in the world and weather same, was precise. There is no METAR report but weather was same as report from meteoblue website. Before update temperature and wind was much off, but now is fine. I start a flight every time with clear sky and when everything is loaded I select live weather and all is ok. What is a bit annoying is fact that ATIS is wrong every time when come about wind speed, direction and cloud coverage. I hope they will sort that in future. 
The problem with low fps occured while in flight solved, after I disabled vsync and frames limit set at 60 fps. I don’t know if that work for everyone.
I think you need to try to flight more, and complain less. I know that sim have bugs , I don’t deny that . But I ignore them and try to enjoy the sim which is wonderful. I simming from FSX times and then i moved to P3D till 4.5 version. But now I can’t come back even I have wonderful planes as A2A Bonanza or Milviz C310 and ton of scenery from ORBX. For me MSFS 2020 is far ahead. All sim need is polishing and to iron the bugs. But as I see, the sim is going in the good direction. I think all is about to relax and enjoying. Life is too short. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

https://steamcharts.com/app/1250410#48h

and that is just steam not ms.

We are at the beginning of the story,  simulator is like "bitcoin".

3 minutes ago, David27 said:

I see that there is a lot of complaints about this sim. I don’t understand why is so much hate.

Complaints = Hate?

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

36 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

I think many MSFS users will not be as dedicated as the Avsim community.

That's a possibility.

But not the only one. Most of the things being complained about appear to neither affect nor be show-stoppingly important to the majority of more casual users, who have jumped on the MSFS bandwagon with notable enthusiasm.

The sim is in the news, and it's in the magazines, and game sites that never paid any mind previously to civilian aviation simulation now cover the title on a regular basis.

Simultaneously, for the first time, possibly ever, users who previously spent their attention and energy modding things like Cities, Skylines have become interested enough to turn their skill towards MSFS, pushing the numbers of mods skywards in record time, while Asobo continuously pushes out free world updates to draw users back, just when their attention might indeed be otherwise waning a bit.....

Essentially, we've never seen anything like this, and for myself, I find the all-to-familiar talking points about casuals short attention spans and inability to understand complexity just as condescending; "teeny boppers?" as I did when I first arrived in the community.

Guys, FSX had one, (count it) one update to its name, in more than a decade.

Now, with immense and unprecedented resources blasting like a firehose in our direction, are we as a community seriously going to react by complaining vociferously and continuously about rapid updates?

Would we, perhaps, like Asobo to drop back to updating the sim, maybe.... once every two years?

Have we really gotten that accustomed to trading stability for stagnation?

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

6 minutes ago, David27 said:

I have sim from January, and I didn’t have problems with it, just few CTD’s all related by mods. With latest updates I have no more spikes, no problem with AP since I played first time. With mods from Working Title, Fly by Wire and others is a joy to fly to explore new parts of the world. One thing which is better at least for me, from that last update is weather being more accurate. I don’t know if is just me, but as example in my home airstrip the weather was a bit far from reality. The temperature was off with 6-7 Celsius more and winds wrong too. Now after that update weather is spot on, very  precise in my area. I know that weather had problems in areas with high altitude but that fixed for me. I took off from Daocheng airport from China which is highest airport in the world and weather same, was precise. There is no METAR report but weather was same as report from meteoblue website. Before update temperature and wind was much off, but now is fine. I start a flight every time with clear sky and when everything is loaded I select live weather and all is ok. What is a bit annoying is fact that ATIS is wrong every time when come about wind speed, direction and cloud coverage. I hope they will sort that in future. 
The problem with low fps occured while in flight solved, after I disabled vsync and frames limit set at 60 fps. I don’t know if that work for everyone.
I think you need to try to flight more, and complain less. I know that sim have bugs , I don’t deny that . But I ignore them and try to enjoy the sim which is wonderful. I simming from FSX times and then i moved to P3D till 4.5 version. But now I can’t come back even I have wonderful planes as A2A Bonanza or Milviz C310 and ton of scenery from ORBX. For me MSFS 2020 is far ahead. All sim need is polishing and to iron the bugs. But as I see, the sim is going in the good direction. I think all is about to relax and enjoying. Life is too short. 

There are people who are satisfied with the minimum and if I fly even more I don't even have time to make love.

1 hour ago, sanh said:

I think most of the 1 million MSFS owners want world updates and dont care if a switch is missing or a GPS is missing a feature. People on this forum are a niche within a niche. 

Well that's drastically down playing issues don't you think...?

Chris Camp

I thought they extended the time between releases and had a QA team in place now? If so, geez.....

Eric 

12 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

,are we as a community seriously going to react by complaining vociferously and continuously about rapid updates??

Just wait until the well known high fidelity aircraft make it into the sim. Remember in P3D how you have to wait for them to update the aircraft for the base sim's new version? You could wait until I l it was done to update. Now with the base sim forced updates, it will be a disaster for the users and 3PD's of the aircraft. 

Eric 

26 minutes ago, David27 said:

Complaints are warranted as the last update took a serious step back with performance.

Your suggestion of no vsync and frames @60 is not a one size fits all. This introduces screen tearing when panning with TIR.

Yes MSFS is a great sim, and complaints / constructive feedback can make it better.

If it is buttery smooth for you, congrats. However, some of us are trying to get back to that happy place. I had great performance since launch and prior to SU3.

5 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

That's a possibility.

But not the only one. Most of the things being complained about appear to neither affect nor be show-stoppingly important to the majority of more casual users, who have jumped on the MSFS bandwagon with notable enthusiasm.

The sim is in the news, and it's in the magazines, and game sites that never paid any mind previously to civilian aviation simulation now cover the title on a regular basis.

Simultaneously, for the first time, possibly ever, users who previously spent their attention and energy modding things like Cities, Skylines have become interested enough to turn their skill towards MSFS, pushing the numbers of mods skywards in record time, while Asobo continuously pushes out free world updates to people users back, just when their attention might indeed be otherwise waning a bit.....

Essentially, we've never seen anything like this, and for myself, I find the all-to-familiar talking points about casuals short attention spans and inability to understand complexity just as condescending; "teeny boppers?" as I did when I first arrived in the community.

Guys, FSX had one, (count it) one update to its name, in more than a decade.

Now, with immense and unprecedented resources blasting like a firehose in our direction, are we as a community seriously going to react by complaining vociferously and continuously about rapid updates?

Would we, perhaps, like Asobo to drop back to updating the sim, maybe.... once every two years?

Have we really gotten that accustomed to trading stability for stagnation?

I mostly have the impression that things are going too fast for them and that their actions go too much in different directions. It looks like a poker game atmosphere . if it continues like this we are heading towards the result of my very first drawing.