Sign in to follow this  
HalalPilot

"Go around.." "cleared to land.." "Go around..."

I'm on the latest version of P2A with the latest update of MSFS2020. I was flying the JF Piper into KPWM. On approach to the runway, I was told "Go around, traffic on the runway." Okay, cool. I did as I was told. Great immersion as it's busy there today. I did my go around in the pattern, then told to report on downwind. I did so, was told I was number 2 for landing and I was cleared to land. I got established back on final, then told "Go around, traffic on runway". Immediately after, "Cleared to land", and then again immediately, "Go around, traffic on runway". I didn't see any traffic on the runway so I ignored ATC and landed anyway.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seemed a bit strange that I'd be given those instructions even though there's no traffic on the runway at the time. I did notice that on my initial go around, two A320s on approach, the second about half a mile behind the other one (Too close!!) but I'm using the live traffic data, both of which were live traffic, not AI or users. I'm not sure if it's a bug, a glitch, MSFS at fault, or what's going on.

I'm guessing it's still not possible for third-party apps to "talk" to AI traffic, but it can be seen?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. Ignoring ATC was fine and I didn't get a scolding, but it didn't acknowledge that I landed and didn't hand me off to ground when I got down.

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2021 at 6:48 PM, TheMuslimTurtle said:

I'm on the latest version of P2A with the latest update of MSFS2020. I was flying the JF Piper into KPWM. On approach to the runway, I was told "Go around, traffic on the runway." Okay, cool. I did as I was told. Great immersion as it's busy there today. I did my go around in the pattern, then told to report on downwind. I did so, was told I was number 2 for landing and I was cleared to land. I got established back on final, then told "Go around, traffic on runway". Immediately after, "Cleared to land", and then again immediately, "Go around, traffic on runway". I didn't see any traffic on the runway so I ignored ATC and landed anyway.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but it seemed a bit strange that I'd be given those instructions even though there's no traffic on the runway at the time. I did notice that on my initial go around, two A320s on approach, the second about half a mile behind the other one (Too close!!) but I'm using the live traffic data, both of which were live traffic, not AI or users. I'm not sure if it's a bug, a glitch, MSFS at fault, or what's going on.

I'm guessing it's still not possible for third-party apps to "talk" to AI traffic, but it can be seen?

Just wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. Ignoring ATC was fine and I didn't get a scolding, but it didn't acknowledge that I landed and didn't hand me off to ground when I got down.

I have the same problems after updating to the newest P2A version.

Did receive clerared for takeoff And backtrack advice and then I saw an airplane on the runway. Happened with xp 11 and traffic global on EYKA Kaunas runway 26.

Edited by furrer411