Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

EGLL (Aerosoft) does not limit the runways for use

I have an issue here. I use Aerosoft Heathrow, and in the install (like many airports), it asks what runways you may want to use. I usually use without a problem, but now it ignores what runway you want. In this image, you can see that I want Takeoff North, Landing South.  That used to work but it doesn't now at all - the aircraft come in randomly.  If this not the right place to post, let me know where.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GesAKZm7ci3i8TTp7

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Do you have Airport Design Editor installed? You could try making the adjustments yourself.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

In P3Dv5 I find it depends on the weather wind direction that I select.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Gary,

The issue you mentioned above was also seen by some others.

You may want to take a look here. There appears to be an updated AFCAD for Heathrow available which may iron out some of your wrinkles with AI.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/127386-mega-airport-heathrow-professional-ai-runway-usage/

The other thing to also try is when running the Airport Config tool, run that with admin privileges. Maybe that also helps.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I still think that manually changing it is the best option. Sometimes, utilities do not quite work as they are supposed to.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Both those products sound complicated..

@Christopher Low, have you used it to fix the problem there?

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Well, I use P3Dv4.5HF2....and I normally land on 27R and depart on 27L (I use a standard wind direction). It works fine for me in that format, so i would need to check if it works when the runways are switched. I generally use a standard wind direction so that I do not get problems with "delayed AI switching" when the wind direction changes (resulting in potential situations where AI planes are coming in from opposite directions).

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Talk about complicated! I'll stick with what o have. 

I'm just stunned with the problem, and it's always been good for me in the past.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Gaz on Facebook

Will do

Gaz on Facebook

Given how p3d AI works, it might be preferable to have landing north and takeoff south since south runway has aprons on both sides whereas having this runway assigned for landing would lead to long waiting time for crossing AI or chances of runway collisions if you chose to override holding by removing the hold short nodes.

Mine is opposite. I was able to get onto the North runway for takeaway easily. The South runway was a nightmare for me.

Maybe it was weather? I dunno.

Gaz on Facebook