Sign in to follow this  
guenseli

Live weather on second flight still not fixed

I don't know what to say any more.

Yes, I'm very patient, but some things start to transform into a joke.

🙈 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yep this is really annoying I agree - doesn’t help when sim takes forever to load.  The banded fix is load in with clear skies then switch to live weather in the sim - this never works for me.

Thomas Derbyshire

6 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Yep this is really annoying I agree - doesn’t help when sim takes forever to load.  The banded fix is load in with clear skies then switch to live weather in the sim - this never works for me.

It works most of the time at my end but annoyingly enough there us no way to know the parameters if outside an ATIS zone.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Weather Live Test Change All Aircrafts Working Ok Or Broken Bug 1 Flight To 2 Flight

Change Aircrafts 1 Flight To 2 Flight Weather Live Test
787-10 Test Working Ok
747-8 Test Working Ok
A320Neo Test Working Ok
FBW A32NX Mod Test Working Ok
Cessna 172 Skyhawk (G1000) Test Working Ok
Cessna 208 B Grand Caravan EX Test Working Ok
XCub Test Working Ok
ICON A5 Test Working Ok
Cessna 152 Aerobat Test Working Ok
Cessna 152 Test Working Ok
TBM 930 Test Broken Bug
DA62 Test Broken Bug
Beechcraft Bonanza G36 Test Broken Bug
Beechcraft Bonanza 350i Test Broken Bug
Cessna Citation CJ4 Test Broken Bug
Beechcraft Baron G58 Test Broken Bug
SR22 Test Broken Bug
Cessna Citation Longitude Test Broken Bug

You Please Change All Aircraft Test Weather Live Bug 1 Flight To 2 Flight Restart MSFS2020 Again

They said in the Q&A that they’re doing a rework of the weather system later this year.

Live weather was broken from day 1 of Alpha testing and it hasn't improved much in the last 15 months.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

I always check weather on the weather channel, and I find that it pretty much agrees what I am seeing in the cockpit. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Works pretty well on my end on every flight

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

18 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I always check weather on the weather channel, and I find that it pretty much agrees what I am seeing in the cockpit. 

Man ole man!  I fly all over the USA and I am not seeing that at all.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Close to 400 hours on sim here. 

Spawn with 'Clear Skies' onto gate/runway. Only then select 'Live Weather' from the top menu. It takes a few moments, but Live Weather will load. For a second flight you need to restart the sim and proceed as above.

Works for me every time.

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

Double post // deleted

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"