Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Housing with a runway

I've read about housing estates built in the US for pilots that are built with a runway and hangars instead of garages.  Are there any of these in MSFS I can explore?  I always dreamed of being rich enough to afford that kind of lifestyle 🙂

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

17FL near Ocala, FL is John Travolta's private airport and available as a departure airport.

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

2 hours ago, cianpars said:

housing estates built in the US for pilots...

You're looking for Airparks. If you type that into the Departure or Arrival boxes on the flight planning page, you'll see plenty of them. I'm sure there will be others which don't have "Airpark" in their name, but it's a good start.

Edited by 109Sqn
  • Like 2

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Thanks.  Hopefully some interesting flights to be had then.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Try X39 Tampa North... and actually the homes there are affordable so not too much of a stretch being able to purchase one...

These are common in Florida, US. I’m only a few miles from X39, hence my suggestion but there are many others...

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Like 1

Try Eagle's Nest Estates (T56) just south of Dallas, Texas.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ ♣ Gigabyte 4090 ♣ Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Haha, thanks. I'm going to be busy with that lot 🙂

I discovered LL10 just south of Chicago many versions ago.  It's a little aviation community where taxiways go up to the houses.

• Like 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Back in the 80's. I was flying a C140 across the U.S. and developed a radio problem near El Paso.  After burning a bunch of fuel trying to work it out, I landed at a new airpark and telephoned El Paso tower to make an appointment to make a Nordo (no radio) entry the next day with light signals from the tower and alerts from the tower to other aircraft about the Nordo aircraft (me) in the pattern.  In the interim, the folks at the housing development were good enough to sell me avgas.  However, they weren't too happy that I was the first aircraft to land on their brand new runway!

• Like 2

I saw this post a couple of days ago and I wanted to add a few stops for you to check out, but, unfortunately the MSFS versions of these Airparks leave much to be desired. The only one on my list from the other sims might be 2NC0 (2 NC zero) Mountain Air in the North Carolina mountains.  This version of the airport sucks but the mountain scenery is nice.

Maybe this post will create some interest and one of the freeware scenery developers will step in and upgrade this one and maybe a few others.

Regards,

Ray

• Like 1

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Lots of ideas here for a few flights, whether just a few circuits and bumps or to explore some of the local ateas too.  I guess this catagory of airfields might interest some of the excellent and appreciated freeware designers as a slightly different challenge too.  

I've tried a few of those mentioned above and look forward to trying a few more.  Didn't have the best experience though as SU3 is making MSFS unflyable in some of these places ATM.

I would like to see several detailed scenery's like these been made in the future, I remember having one Airpark scenery in Washington state in FS 2004 that I liked a lot to use as my home base.

Edited by Ixoye

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Yes, the Pacific North West is full of small airports, some as airparks.  Maybe Orbx will put together a package for us.

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .