Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

AI Traffic Software

Good point Ray, I know that's their plan, but I haven't looked into the actual routes that any of those AIGTC traffic flies.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

8 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Good point Ray, I know that's their plan, but I haven't looked into the actual routes that any of those AIGTC traffic flies.

I don't know if it's possible to see that. A question to @Kaiii3 on their forum may give you an answer.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I get the feeling that I will be sticking with the custom AI database that I built up prior to the "coronavirus crash". Ironically, the arrival of the pandemic has actually made life easier for me as far as AI planes are concerned. Since a huge percentage of the world's airline fleets were grounded/sold/sent to the scrapyard, I do not have to worry about constantly updating them. I just stick with what I have, and remember the good times :biggrin:

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

13 hours ago, Jazz said:

As accurate as possible😁

Then you could look at real traffic and psxseecon.  

The other options, UTLive,global traffic, aig, all have outdated schedules, some of them 2 years old. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I don't know if it's possible to see that. A question to @Kaiii3 on their forum may give you an answer.

some flightplans do use already the new "route"-feature, but most of them are still great circle. I am currently working on a feature for our internal tools that will create these routes automatically so all new flightplans canuse them to 100%.

• Like 6

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

11 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Accurate being 2-7% of the fleet out for rotating maintenance including proper timing for C and D's and also ferry flights etc?  🙂  💩

realtraffic and PSXseeconTraffic will actually show aircraft that are 'under tow'  so long as the transponder is on. I've seen it a few times where an a/C is being towed from one stand to the remotes or to the company hanger for whatever reason. 

It will also show up ferries and positioning sectors too, something that your mates at aig don't do. 

It will also show up

a. Charter airlines that don't operate on a fixed schedule. 

B.The cargo operators doing F1 flights, money runs, flower runs etc

C. the non pax Covid cargo flights to/from HK, China, Turkey, India, etc etc that the schedule airlines are doing at the moment. 

D. Repatriation flights 

E. Flights that are 'subbed' due to AOGs

F. Go arounds, diverts and holdings. 

How many more would you like me to add?  I can keep going all day with the experience I have in ops.

All of those examples will not show up on 2 year old schedules from aig, ut live or traffic global, but they will on psxseecon and real traffic so long as you have a livery assigned to it. 

If the guy is looking for 'accuracy' then realtraffic and psxseecon is the way to go. If he's got a decent traffic pack. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

The live traffic doesn't work very well in many places of the world due to coverage, not just in the middle of nowhere. It's also commonly stuttery or or slew like rubber banding traffic around. Ground operations are commonly not displayed as well as thousands of blocked flights etc. It's got more quirks than using bgl's in my opinion, but it's all our own choice. I work the accuracy every day, I don't need it at 100% in my sim until it's a lot better than that.

Edited by Dave_YVR

sure dave if you want to be taxiing behind a company that went bankrupt 3 years ago yes.

14ppkc-6.png

47 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

sure dave if you want to be taxiing behind a company that went bankrupt 3 years ago yes.

It's pretty easy to just not install a defunct airline in AIG if you don't want it, Fluffy.

I use PSxseecon every once in a while, and it's cool because it accurately reflects reality, but for most people most of the time AIG is the best traffic option.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

51 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

Umm, airlines that are no longer operating are actively removed from AI Manager, it's always been like that. 

7 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Umm, airlines that are no longer operating are actively removed from AI Manager, it's always been like that. 

But they can be reinstated if you wish. I restored Flybe as Manchester was looking a little barren. I also ignore the Virgin Atlantic update as I have no wish to see their 747s removed. What other package gives you that flexibility?

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another good point Ray, it's also very common for users from the UK to keep Monarch and Thomas Cook in their sim.

8 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

Another good point Ray, it's also very common for users from the UK to keep Monarch and Thomas Cook in their sim.

I’ll think about TC but Monarch brings back painful memories as I used to fly with them down to Malaga to visit friends who had moved there in 2003. But after my mate died suddenly his wife moved back to the UK and a few years later she also died. 😢

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I liked the PSX + RealTraffic combination as it is as realistic as you can get. My 2 favourite moments using them were seeing KJFK arrivals on the Carnarsie approach and inbound EGLL traffic circling in the stacks.

Given the pandemic's effects on global aviation, there's not enough traffic flying about in the real world to make it worthwhile for me.

AIG is comfortably the next best option. Once the initial setup process is done, it's very easy to have several hundred airlines and another couple of hundred private/corporate jet operations in your P3D skies.

What's more, you can retain flight schedules from a few years ago or install the most recent season. And for aficionados of certain (now defunct) airlines, you can display them in all their former glory.

That's even before we get onto how well modelled and textured each AI is, including appropriate and realistic engine sound effects.

AIG is a passion of the people who create the content. The difference in quality between this free/donationware and the payware alternatives that I haven't named, is so vast that it's not even worth mentioning them.

Did I mention that I like AIG?!

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

19 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

realtraffic and PSXseeconTraffic will actually show aircraft that are 'under tow'  so long as the transponder is on. I've seen it a few times where an a/C is being towed from one stand to the remotes or to the company hanger for whatever reason. 

It will also show up ferries and positioning sectors too, something that your mates at aig don't do. 

It will also show up

a. Charter airlines that don't operate on a fixed schedule. 

B.The cargo operators doing F1 flights, money runs, flower runs etc

C. the non pax Covid cargo flights to/from HK, China, Turkey, India, etc etc that the schedule airlines are doing at the moment. 

D. Repatriation flights 

E. Flights that are 'subbed' due to AOGs

F. Go arounds, diverts and holdings. 

How many more would you like me to add?  I can keep going all day with the experience I have in ops.

All of those examples will not show up on 2 year old schedules from aig, ut live or traffic global, but they will on psxseecon and real traffic so long as you have a livery assigned to it. 

If the guy is looking for 'accuracy' then realtraffic and psxseecon is the way to go. If he's got a decent traffic pack. 

How does it react with aircraft that are taxing prior to departure or after landing? Do they still disappear when the transponder is switched off or have they fixed that issue? Do they appear at a gate?

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs