Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

AI Traffic Software

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Another good point Ray, it's also very common for users from the UK to keep Monarch and Thomas Cook in their sim.

I returned the purple colour scheme Flybe Dash 8s to service after initially removing Flybe from my database. Thomas Cook have gone (apart from a handful of Thomas Cook Scandinavia planes), and so have Monarch. However, I have three Olympic Airways A321s that are still in a "hybrid" Monarch style colour scheme, so they are my "bridge to the past" :wink: Of course, there is also the front fuselage section of a Monarch DC10 in the Aviation Viewing Park at EGCC Manchester. I always enjoy seeing that every time I visit the airport :cool:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Thanks for the replies guys.

So if I am understanding this correctly, currently, most of the the airlines and routes in AIG are direct point to point ones. That is to say, a straight line from airport to airport but this is gradually changing so they fly actual routes? Is that correct? Also, I'm still wondering about SID's and STARS, are these still ignored? It seems likely they are if most are still doing this direct line thing.

And this Real Traffic and psxseecon - due to the nature of it I suspect that it runs ignoraing ATC? An unstoppable animation that doesn't respect your existence and that you must work around? Perhaps I'm wrong but if it's streaming live data into the sim how does it know not to drive through you when you're in line for the runway and such like?

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

26 minutes ago, Jazz said:

And this Real Traffic and psxseecon - due to the nature of it I suspect that it runs ignoraing ATC? An unstoppable animation that doesn't respect your existence and that you must work around?

Well...yeah, kind of. The traffic doesn’t ignore ATC as such, it’s just that you need to know some RW air traffic controllers who owe you a favor if you want to make another aircraft go around etc.

🙂

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 minute ago, OzWhitey said:

Well...yeah, kind of. The traffic doesn’t ignore ATC as such, it’s just that you need to know some RW air traffic controllers who owe you a favor if you want to make another aircraft go around etc.

🙂

😆

That's what I thought. Well, I can't live with that. That is a realism and immersion breaker for me so that won't be used.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

28 minutes ago, Jazz said:

😆

That's what I thought. Well, I can't live with that. That is a realism and immersion breaker for me so that won't be used.

I recommend AIG as your standard traffic solution - its a great program, and very practical - along with an occasional psxseecon session just to experience real traffic, despite its flaws.

Then just add in pilot2atc, and you’re golden,

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

On 3/13/2021 at 2:35 PM, Dave_YVR said:

it actually has nothing to do with the number of bgl's or being injected or not.

I disagree with this part but agree on the rest of your statement. I had reduced the number of traffic bgl's by over half at one point and noticed a definite decrease in load time. After that I started moving bgl's in and out of my traffic folder depending on where in the world I was flying.

Intel I7 6700k @ 4ghz, nVidia 3070ti 8gb, 16 gb ddr4 @ 1066mhz,  500 ssd, 2tb hdd, 2tb ssd, ASUS z170-E mb, Samsung 24" @ 1920x1080, P3D 5.4, MSFS

AIG is the way to go. I used to exclusively use UT2, and had spent so much time updating schedule, installing AI aircraft models etc. Every time I plan to upgrade my computer, my blood pressure becomes so high scaring I would lose all the models and schedules. And I had triple backup UT2 just to make sure. But after I discover AIG AI manager, everything becomes so easy. Take couple hours to install everything back for a fresh install, but everything is automatic. I just need a few clicks and wait. 

Edited by FlyCathay
  • Like 1

Danny F

2 hours ago, abarter said:

I disagree with this part but agree on the rest of your statement. I had reduced the number of traffic bgl's by over half at one point and noticed a definite decrease in load time. After that I started moving bgl's in and out of my traffic folder depending on where in the world I was flying.

To each his own of course, but I've timed it 5 runs each between just UTL with zero traffic bgl's and then with almost 2100 traffic bgl's and no UTL. There's no difference (within a second either way). Same with loading from the fly now button where actually UTL doesn't complete injecting the traffic in until between 10-30 seconds after the sim has completed loading.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I kinda miss the "Ultimate Traffic 2 initialised" audio message when FSX was loading....

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

I kinda miss the "Ultimate Traffic 2 initialised" audio message when FSX was loading....

could add some sound to the AIGTC startup^^

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

could add some sound to the AIGTC startup^^

If you do, please make it optional!

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Just now, F737NG said:

If you do, please make it optional!

sure, was never the plan to have it different^^

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

12 minutes ago, simbol said:

Like what?  Whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiishp? Or something similar?  😂

How about a TCAS RA?