Sign in to follow this  
rocketlaunch

P3D V5 - flashes of brilliance

After spending weeks battling DXGI errors I have finally found the sweet spot in the settings and the last 3 flights have all been error free. I have finally experienced the new EA mode and I have to say, it is a massive step forward. 

I arrived into keflavik (BIKF) airport at dusk last night after a flight from Greenland in the brilliant FSlabs A321. After floating through the clouds the whole cockpit glowed orange with the sunset and then I was treated to an amazing atmospheric sky as we descend to the runway. It really was something I have never experienced in P3D before. Since then I have experienced further flashes of brilliance from P3D V5 both from the performance and visuals, I just wish it was all of the time! 

Sure, it is far from perfect and at times can kill immersion but when it works the potential of their new enhanced atmospherics (EA) mode is really very exciting. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

I invest hours and hours and report lots of suggestions to the developers of LM. 

I give my best to get as much as possible attention to this EA Mode.  The potential is indeed there. A lot has to be done....but maybe they recognize this ..... 

Nice to read this well written post which is honest and respectful written. 

Thanks. 

Marcua

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

2 hours ago, rocketlaunch said:

the whole cockpit glowed orange with the sunset

Goes to show how everyone's perspective is subjective.
You've highlighted (pun intended) one of the facets of E.A. that a lot of people find unrealistic, almost other worldly.

Nonetheless, I agree. When there aren't DXGI errors or weird grid clouds, I think v5 is a good improvement on v4.
Here's looking forward to v5.2 being an even better P3D.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

12 minutes ago, F737NG said:

Goes to show how everyone's perspective is subjective.
You've highlighted (pun intended) one of the facets of E.A. that a lot of people find unrealistic, almost other worldly.

Nonetheless, I agree. When there aren't DXGI errors or weird grid clouds, I think v5 is a good improvement on v4.
Here's looking forward to v5.2 being an even better P3D.

He talked about orange glow in Cockpit....that's not unrealistic. Unrealistic is 360 degrees orange red sky scattering. That's what lots of users find unrealistic. 

Incl. Me 🙂

• Upvote 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I, too, absolutely loved (notice past tense) 5.1.  It really was so much better than earlier versions of P3D.  However, I had to go back to 4.5 because of the DXGI errors.  Hopefully 5.2 will deal with these errors.

Bob Bressert

I too love Enhanced Atmospherics. Even with its issues it's still a massive step forward and I simply can't return back to 2D clouds & bitmap-based sky of X-Plane and non-EA mode.

Edited by BiologicalNanobot
  • Upvote 2

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

I agree. EA is on forever now. No way back.

I've found that desaturating a bit with the Rift S goes a long way to reduce some of the overcooked dawn/dusk lighting.

Edited by andreh

for me just a few more improvements/ tweaks from LM  and I would absolutely turn it on !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I agree that 5.1 is very close to being a decent platform.  With my DXGI errors, I tried all the suggestions except going through each 3rd party scenery to diagnose the errors.  That's why I went back to 4.5 for now.  I'd rather fly 4.5 then go through all the headache of tracking down errors in 5.1. 

I suspect that a lot of the 3rd party developers are simply not putting a lot of effort into their scenery for 5.1.  I could be wrong, but I believe that some of the stuff they are releasing is not really best suited for 5.1 and hence, the DXGI errors.

Bob Bressert

Do you guys all post your whishes and recommendations over at LM support forum?

Very important. I do a lot parsing over to them directly to the devs.....but it is always better that YOU let them know how important TrueSky enhancement for you is.....they read your posts. Believe me. They may not respond.....but they hear you. 

I read so many posts over here at AVSIM with things like too red sky....too pixelated clouds, too less rain and snow visible, no fog at night visible, too bright moon light at night, too flat cloud layer not curved with the earth, no thunderstorm clouds, to bright sunlight below overcast, etc...etc...but very less of you post this at LM

Be aware that the devs of LM may not even have the possibility to read avsim.....because of their very strict security rules over at LM....as a military contractor.

So please do all post over at LM.....the chance they will do something about it is also related to YOUR requests....

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png