Hi everyone

Just wondering if any members have this and what the opinions are.

I have the Honeycomb alpha yoke.

The reviews on the fulcrum are very promising but I am not sure how it compares with the honeycomb alpha.

Any members who had the alpha and have switched over to the fulcrum.

Looking forward to some help.

Qas

Mostly, you get what you pay. Alpha Honeycomb it's an excellent product quality/ price. Fulcrum One yoke is a couple leagues above. So do your math.

I have an other product solid nice build and and I've had the joy of flying the real things, so I can feel and comparing the difference between these and in my opinion is really a good investment, highly immersed.

There is a dedicated forum here on avsim which is monitored by @tutmeister, AKA Chris, the owner of Fulcrum

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

I have one and I highly recommend it! Chris is a great guy and is very quick with forum posts/emails if you have any questions.

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

I was one of the first to receive the Fulcrum and I've been very happy with it. My Saitek had 3" of elevator travel - the Fulcrum has 8". That makes a massive difference in terms of fine control. The Hall-Effect sensors will never need replacing and their accuracy leaves potentiometers well behind. It requires no drivers and is recognised by Windows immediately. The switches and buttons are of high quality. The desk clamp is absolutely solid and easy to assemble.

The case is narrower than the Saitek but longer. Obviously the 8" of travel requires a deeper case but it's easily manageable. Whilst it's more expensive than the Honeycomb, buyers from the Eurozone or US will benefit from the current exchange rate. For Brits it's a bargain as it's half the price of the Yoko.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

The fulcrum is a seriously good item, and although you might think it expensive compared to a honeycomb, personally I can’t believe how cheap it is for it’s quality and function.

I went to the flight sim show in 2019 with the money in my pocket to buy a yoko as I knew the importance and difference having quality flight sim controls makes to the whole experience.

I tried the yoko, the honeycomb alpha, and the fulcrum all back to back, and to my mind there was no doubt the fulcrum was the best option available, even though it’s less than half the price of a yoko.

I’m a real world pilot and do almost 100% of my simming in VR nowadays.I like to fly heavy jets or high performance twins around manually without the autopilot and often often with an engine shut down flying an ILS. 

In these situations you find yourself grappling the controls and unconsciously exerting quite a bit of physical force onto yoke. The  excellent flight modelling of the Vskylabs  DC3 in XP with an engine out is a good example requiring a boot full of rudder and a lot of into live engine aileron to keep the thing straight.

Under these extreme circumstances I’ve not yet found the fulcrum’ s limitations and have never once felt that I was handling anything other than a real aircraft yoke, it’s that good.

I can’t recommend the fulcrum enough to be honest. As well as it’s great abilities in the simulator I like the fact it’s a quality hand built piece of British engineering. It’s designed and build by Chris who’s a keen simmer , real world pilot, and engineer and who’s combined all those skills to bring the best possible, most realistic  flight sim yoke to the market.

Edited by jon b

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

On 3/17/2021 at 8:07 AM, jon b said:

I tried the yoko, the honeycomb alpha, and the fulcrum all back to back

Ahhhh !  How do I miss old good times, when you can try and feels a product before buying. 

Many thanks to everyone who has helped me spend even more money.lol.

I have pre ordered. I hope to receive it in about 3 weeks. I will share my experience once set up.

Qas

Looked at the honeycomb yoke at the last flight sim show.

also looked at the fulcrum yoke and immediately placed an order.

Received it recently after waiting a while and was very very impressed.

can’t understand why pc pilot hasn’t done a review on it.

It hasnt been mentioned on YouTube reviews either.

the quality is superb.

and half the price of the other high quality yokes.