Sign in to follow this  
JayViation

Drzewiecki Design - KDCA Washington National Airport MSFS

The default scenery in MSFS is good enough that I won't be buying much in the way of extras.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

DD Narita is one of my favourite airports. Very smooth to taxi around in the A320 so I'm assuming they have the secret sauce and will definitely get this

• Like 1

From the screenshots this looks absolutely stunning; truly amazing modelling, hats off to these devs!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I have a feeling this amount of detail will actually choke a system out to a crawl in VR.🤣

I live too close so KDCA is not a destination.  If they do the NYC airport package like they did for previous sims I will sit on the sidelines until after 90 days of reviews. This pandemic pales compared to how my previous system choked on that.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

11 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

The default scenery in MSFS is good enough that I won't be buying much in the way of extras.

I agree in case you don't fly often in the area, but if you do it makes a lot of difference, it's a nice modeled airport and the airport itself is a beauty together with the environment.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

9 hours ago, TheJAG said:

From the screenshots this looks absolutely stunning; truly amazing modelling, hats off to these devs!

I purchased and it is truly amazing.  My only complaint is that the people are poorly done.  I would have thought any basic modeling system could have produced better looking people.  It only kills the immersion minimally..but it does kill it.

Here are a few screenshots I took:

https://ibb.co/WyzYZz9
https://ibb.co/8j13fBV

https://ibb.co/18cZ433 (The Orange plane is my plane)

https://ibb.co/0smXcxm

https://ibb.co/880bpHj
https://ibb.co/N681Y18

Sorry guys...haven't figured out how to embed these pics.

Edited by knich
  • Like 1

Yeah, not possible to place A LOT of good quality people without performance loss, some compromise had to be made. You can see HQ people in the Oval Office though. ;)

The overall performance is very good, you should not have any problems flying there... unless your whole sim performs poorly of course.

• Like 4

This will pair quite nicely with the CRJ when it’s released this week.  I can’t wait to try hand flying it down the River Visual approach.

If you ever have the chance in real life, go visit the park that’s on the very end of the approach to runway 19.  It’s a bit of a hike from the nearest subway station but totally worth it.  I did it several years ago when I was there for work and it’s really a blast watching airliners make that sharp turn to final then road over your head.

It almost feels like you shouldn’t be around there given how tight security is in DC though there were certainly a bunch of unmarked black vehicles in the park that seemed to be keeping an eye on everyone.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Yeah, not possible to place A LOT of good quality people without performance loss, some compromise had to be made. You can see HQ people in the Oval Office though. 😉

The overall performance is very good, you should not have any problems flying there... unless your whole sim performs poorly of course.

Yes..I can confirm performance is excellent!

Btw..is US Airways ground still operating at DCA?  

Edited by knich

The average building is vastly less demanding to render than much more piddly items. It's the curves that get you. 

One realistic-looking van, or even one of its tyres, could easily have more polygons in it than an entire custom airport. 

18 hours ago, DrzewieckiDesign said:

Yeah, not possible to place A LOT of good quality people without performance loss, some compromise had to be made. You can see HQ people in the Oval Office though. 😉

You all have come a very long way!🍻

From someone who still enjoys your older sceneries!(gonna buy EPKK Krakow soon)

Happy to still be around to see this evolution in scenery visuals!

My fingers are crossed for an MSFS Miami package from you all in the future!

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2