Sign in to follow this  
Rocky_53

Completely Broken Since Update

Everything was fine with my setup until the latest update last week. Basically MSFS crashes to desktop while loading from the 'setting up a flight page'. On the odd occasion that it did load, Yoke dead, throttle dead, Xbox controller that I use for views, dead, rudder pedals OK. I persevered with this nonsense for an hour and then thought I'd reinstall a backup from a couple of weeks ago. All good until the update, then same as before. Then I remembered, should I have emptied the community folder prior to the update, soooo, I reinstall the backup, check to see if working, all good. I then remove contents of community folder and install the update. Start up and crashes to desktop. Three attempts later it starts and again no working yoke etc. I then reinstall contents of community folder, exactly the same as before. I have FSUIPC installed and wondering if this could be an issue. I have to say this is getting very tiresome. Every time there is an update there are issues, but this takes the biscuit. Does anyone have any inkling of what might be going on? Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks fellas.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Sorry to hear.

The sim is now broken for a lot of customers. My FPS are cut in half after a few minutes of flying. I can only now fly in NZ. It's the only region that works right now. I hope that the sim makes it past their 1st year. 😀

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Yes, sorry to hear that, Howard.
I'd suggest a full reinstall from MS (and not from your backup).
I had somehow the same issue after World update 3 and reinstalling did the trick.

You won't lose your settings but make a copy of your camera.cfg files if you did customize your views per aircraft, prior to the reinstallation.

Edited by David Roch

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

12 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Yes, sorry to hear that, Howard.
I'd suggest a full reinstall from MS (and not from your backup).
I had somehow the same issue after World update 3 and reinstalling did the trick.

You won't lose your settings but make a copy of your camera.cfg files if you did customize your views per aircraft, prior to the reinstallation.

Thanks David. I have to say, the way I feel at the moment, I may well uninstall the entire shooting match and wait until Asobo and MS have got their darn act together :m_marah:  Can you remind me where the camera cfg is? I did make some changes but for the life of me can't remember the location!

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

I sympathize, Howard.

Three remarks.

MFS is an unfinished and fragile product. Asobo's absurd continuous patching process obviously without any decent  quality control makes adding third party contents a recipe for trouble. The more addons, the more trouble to be expected. And that includes FSUIPC. Try it clean.

Using a backup is never a solution in my experience. As Asobo is not transparent at all about pushing small updates with the streaming, there might be something missing that came between your backup and SU3. Reinstall from the source not your backup. 

Neither at Avsim nor at MFS forums have I heard of such a disaster as yours. I am referring to your dead controllers (except the rudder) which seem  at the core of your trouble . The issue might be  more with your setup than with the sim.  A controller driver ? A failing USB hub ?  FSUIPC ?

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 2

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Sure.

Here you are:
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes.
Make a copy of all folders there.

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I sympathize with you, too, Howard.

But save you the hassle to reinstall, it will probably not help you as the main problem lie in the code after the UK patch, and got even worse in the latest update, and you are not alone with problems after the latest patches.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

After trying to update *3* times, from 3 different backups, which all failed at about 98% of the download, yesterday, I "bit the bullet" and reinstalled Win 10 Pro 64 bit, then set off the reinstall.  It took about 14 hours in total, but I can, today, confirm that I can at least start the sim.  I will, later on, try the first flight for about a week and am hoping for the best. Thank goodness for uncapped downloads from my ISP, as I have, this week, downloaded about 650GB on my 30 GB link, roughly 12 hour days per download  😞  BR

Edited by Paladin
Spelling corrections.
  • Like 1

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

Agree, this latest attempt at a update has reduced my framerates by more than half, Asobo needs to get their act together, one step forward two steps back so far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rockliffe said:

I may well uninstall the entire shooting match and wait until Asobo and MS have got their darn act together :m_marah: 

I've also considered dropping support MSFS. I have decided to cease all add-on purchases to reduce my losses.

If you do decide to do a full clean install (OS & MSFS) you could save a lot of time by also backing up your Contents folder. I'm skeptical that this will solve the data rendering issue that I have, so that's why I'm staying put until the next update.

It's an inconvenience to have to do full re-installs. I've moved on to MSFS to avoid doing what I used to do for FSX & P3D.

Good luck!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I am convinced that MSFS 2020 beta testers are mainly the users. They put out an update, and quickly find our from the people using the program, what they need to correct in their just released update. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, David Roch said:

Sure.

Here you are:
C:\Users\YOUR NAME\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes.
Make a copy of all folders there.

Thanks David.

Howard

Don`t reinstall this dosen`t help you , you will get the same problems back for shure, wait until ( hopefully ) an hotfix update comes to live or the next planned update.

Allmost all users affected with this issue and Asobo has it in the Tracker - i would wait..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png