Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Garmin screens are black since last update

I am sure some of you had the same problem after the latest update but I couldn't find a post talking about this, sorry if the question has already been asked.

My problem is that I have black screens in the TBM when starting, even with engine running, something like this:

Screenshot

The same problem happened also with the Beechcraft B58 Baron, I didn't test other aircraft.
I obviously removed all mods (Community folder is empty) and I cleared the rolling cache.
The following workaround was given to me: turn developer mode ON and load the aircraft again through the Aircraft Selector. It works, but it skips the engine start procedure, the aircraft is ready to fly when loaded. In addition, I lose the customization (callsign).
I also noticed this problem does not occur when I use the DEFAULT livery, it appears when I use one of the other liveries provided in the sim (Kenmore, Aviators Club or Test Pilot livery).

Did some of you have the same problem?
Did you find a way to solve it?

I described the problem on Zendesk but I don't expect any answer...

Thanks for your help.

a friend of mine had the same problem, i told him to rename his communty folder ad restart the game clear,

after that screens where ok, so it must be a problem with an mod or so inside the community folder.

Edited by Nedo68

5 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

a friend of mine had the same problem, i told him to rename his communty folder ad restart the game clear,

after that screens where ok, so it must be a problem with an mod or so inside the community folder.

Not for me, I already cleared the community folder. With or without mod, the problem is exactly the same anyway...

have you removed the community folder completely? the game creates a new empty one, at least this helped my friend.

Otherwise i dont know hmmm

It happened a couple of times to me with the G3X in the Xcub.  If I remember well when entering the Cub for a second flight in the same session. I went back to the main menu and restarted the flight. The display was back on.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

26 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

have you removed the community folder completely? the game creates a new empty one, at least this helped my friend.

Otherwise i dont know hmmm

No, I deleted all the files in the community folder. I think it is the same as deleting the folder itself but I will give it a try.

24 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

It happened a couple of times to me with the G3X in the Xcub.  If I remember well when entering the Cub for a second flight in the same session. I went back to the main menu and restarted the flight. The display was back on.

I also tried this, I went back to the main menu and started the same flight again with the same aircraft. I had the same problem...

Hi Eric,

This is a known bug they have documented in their latest release notes...🤐

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

2 minutes ago, RXP said:

Hi Eric,

This is a known bug they have documented in their latest release notes...🤐

Then we are saved. Or not.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I’ve been getting a blank screen on the G1000 in the 172 just about every other flight. Really strange. Sometimes it works, other times I’m PO’d. Appreciate RXP posting it’s a known issue, as this is pretty much a total deal breaker. I recommend those of you doing slow VFR giving the Carbon Savage a shot. It’s at Flightsim.to and is fantastic. All analog. 

• Like 1

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Not only Garmin but the instruments of the 787 as well. Not all the time though.

Stelios Christofides

deleted by original poster.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

To me, this feels like an attack on Workingtitle mods.  I had this issue and to fix it I removed the workingtitle g1000 mod and then deleted my cache files (not sure if that was necessary).  The g1000 is back last time I looked but now I'm left with the lousy built-in g1000  😞  Now that it's "working" again, I may throw the mod back in to see if that breaks it once again.

LouP