Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Gary1124

Ready For More Realistic AI in FSX-SE

Recommended Posts

Okay, so I have been flying in FSX-SE since mid June 2020 after a 15 year hiatus from flightsimming. As FS9 was my last platform I condered FSX-SE the easiest way to get involved again.

I am ready for more realistic AI. Have some World of AI files already but I want more up to date ones. Also, I am considering moving to Prepar3d and I like to make sure most of my addons can be migrated to Prepar3d.

Any suggestions?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have moved your topic into the appropriate forum.  You will probably get more help here than the Hangar Chat forum.


Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

                                     

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

Also, I am considering moving to Prepar3d and I like to make sure most of my addons can be migrated to Prepar3d.

Then you should post a separate message in the P3D forum here.   Success of addons moved to P3D will most likely depend on the P3D version you install.  I had some addon scenery airports that did not work well with P3D v4 and beyond. Buildings and hangars from a couple of addon libraries of scenery objects were either not compatible or perhaps not found by P3Dv4 and up.  Do not know about AI.


Frank Patton
MSI Z490 WiFi MOB;  i7 10700k Comet Lake 3.8 Ghz CPU; Ripjaws 32 gb DDR4 3600; ASUS GTX 1070 TI Turbo 8GB; MasterCase H500M; Corsair H100i Pro cooler; Corsair RMX850X PSU; ASUS VG289 4K 27"; Honeycomb Alpha Yoke A+.  Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor; AOPA Member #07379126 
                        There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn’t mind who gets the credit! - Benjamin Jowett

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gary1124 said:

I am ready for more realistic AI. Have some World of AI files already but I want more up to date ones.

IMHO, currently the most realistic AI is the Alpha-India stuff. 

However, the installation package is designed primarily for P3D.  It is usable in FSX, but the manual installation process can prove extremely frustrating.  🙂


Ernest Pergrem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I was hoping for one that would mostly automate. Typically at an airport I don't look closely at other aircraft. I'm focused on taxi parking/takeoff. I mainly want to replace the default fictional AI. Of course I would want non-passenger also. An UPS plane on the cargo ramp or Navy in the air if I fly into ORF or Airforce if McCarren etc 

Edited by Gary1124

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Gary1124 said:

I was hoping for one that would mostly automate. Typically at an airport I don't look closely at other aircraft. I'm focused on taxi parking/takeoff. I mainly want to replace the default fictional AI. Of course I would want non-passenger also. An UPS plane on the cargo ramp or Navy in the air if I fly into ORF or Airforce if McCarren etc 

I use this one...as I'm far to lazy too bother with manually installing WorldofAI traffic.

https://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-traffic-360-(download).phtml

Its a simple install and involves no tweaking(unless you wanna dig in)

All of my airports and airspaces are filled with a variety of aircraft and performance is better than MYTRAFFIC6

You can see how it looks in my vids

 

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I use this one...as I'm far to lazy too bother with manually installing WorldofAI traffic.

https://secure.simmarket.com/justflight-traffic-360-(download).phtml

Its a simple install and involves no tweaking(unless you wanna dig in)

All of my airports and airspaces are filled with a variety of aircraft and performance is better than MYTRAFFIC6

You can see how it looks in my vids

 

Would that work in Prepar3d? I know Flight1s UT does. But I read it lacks cargo and military representation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gary1124 said:

Would that work in Prepar3d? I know Flight1s UT does. But I read it lacks cargo and military representation.

Yea it worked for P3Dv1 not sure about later versions


Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be difficult to reskin the default aircraft the sim uses in real world liveries?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    48%
    $12,180.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...