Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

This bugg do not appear everywhere, I can fly for long periods without any problems, there seem to be some special places in the terrain that trigger the error, that is probably why some people think they have no problems, they have probably not yet flown over these special places where the error occur, I suspect that everyone is more or less affected by this bug, but everyone has not experienced it yet.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 3

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

13 minutes ago, DylanM said:

The bug appears to be location specific. Just did a number of flights in my normal locations with no issues. However trying a flight with any aircraft out of 76T (as someone had suggested) recreates the CPU/GPU scenario.

If others who aren't having the issue could confirm this, might be handy to pass back.

It is more than just location. Nor is it only specific people.

It is in fact really weird.

On a live stream with about 50 people yesterday certain spots displayed the issue but only for about 25%  or less of the people flying and not always the same people.

Over a 4 hour live stream their were maybe 3 spots that gave issues but my game only stuttered in one of those three spots.  Some people had no issues at all.  Most of the flight aside from those three spots was stutter free for everyone.

-   In terms of the original post my game is pretty good overall and the LOD issue is not a big problem for me as I generally fly very very low.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

Problems do not appear everywhere, I can fly for long periods without any problems, there seem to be some special places in the terrain that trigger the error, that is probably why some people think they have no problems, they have probably not yet flown over these special places where the error occur, I suspect that everyone is more or less affected by this bug, but not everyone has experienced it yet.

Exactly, the last one I was above a cloudy layer,drop in FPS for several minutes with the cessna 172 classic.For me it's not just a problem of location I think it's more complicated than that.When there is haze above the cloud layer in real weather I have a lot more of this problem.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

7 hours ago, ctdlg said:

Hello,

I am using FS 2020 1.14.5.0.
My video card is an rtx 2060 super.

I fly without Ctd, without stutters
I do not get very low fps.
Below is got while flying

FpsFs2020-1.14.5.0.jpg

Really strange so many users having so many issues.

But for me, 1.14.5.0 is THE BEST fs 2020 ever released.

What I do is simple : I only use WIndows 10 for Flight Simulator.
Otherwise (webbrowser, mail, video editing, and much more,) I use  Linux.

When I launch Windows, I first check for any windows 10 update, and reboot if requested.
Then only I launch FS 2020.

Truth is, I'm pleased to say (thus far) I'm in the same boat as you.

But the real question for me is - "Are we really members of the happy few group"?

I have not seen any concrete data that indicates very clearly that we are the "few".

For all I know, we may very well be in the majority, and the loudest voices belong to the few who have some valid concerns/complaints.

• Like 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

8 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

Truth is, I'm pleased to say (thus far) I'm in the same boat as you.

But the real question for me is - "Are we really members of the happy few group"?

I have not seen any concrete data that indicates very clearly that we are the "few".

For all I know, we may very well be in the majority, and the loudest voices belong to the few who have some valid concerns/complaints.

It doesn't matter whether you really members of the happy few group.

Most important goal is that we move the "little train" in the right direction by our little influences.

• Like 2

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

7 hours ago, Nemo said:

Someone of the happy ones please make a short flight from KFHR to KTIW.

you can load this flightplan if you want.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="AceXML" version="1,0">
    <Descr>AceXML Document</Descr>
    <FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
        <Title>KFHR to KTIW</Title>

</FlightPlan.FlightPlan>
</SimBase.Document>

Just completed this flight exactly as shown in the flight plan above, but with a cruise altitude of 10,000'.  You can see my system is way underpowered, especially the GPU.  The flight was in day light with a "few clouds."  I was running Navigraph and the web based VFR map on a 2nd display.  Both displays are 1920x1080.   I am very careful to ensure no other applications are running and use Task Manager to stop everything that is not essential to the operation of MSFS.  

My settings are MOSTLY ULTRA with a some HIGH values.  I use TAA and 100 for rendering values.  

My average FPS was 30.2 with most of the time spent between 29 and 32.  The lowest I saw was 14 for about three seconds climbing out from San Juan Island and again as I started my descent over Bremerton.  I saw two brief periods of stutter with the FPS jumping from 16 to 19 and back for about five-seconds.   Flying over Puget Sound and Dalco Passage (just west of Seattle and KSEA) the FPS was very steady at 29 - 31. 

The sim is GPU limited ALL the time except during the brief low FPS periods where it alternated between Main Thread and GPU limits. 

I have NO (zero!) mods installed except for Navigraph.   

I am very pleased with the MSFS performance I get out of a smaller processor and old slow GPU!  Now, if only I could find a way to buy a 3060 or 3070 I would upgrade the processor and be even more happy. 

Edited by TacomaSailor
  • Like 2

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

30 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/597226-3921-update-major-variable-persisting-fps-drops/

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

29 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

My average FPS was 30.2 with most of the time spent between 29 and 32.  The lowest I saw was 14 for about three seconds climbing out from San Juan Island and again as I started my descent over Bremerton.  I saw two brief periods of stutter with the FPS jumping from 16 to 19 and back for about five-seconds.   Flying over Puget Sound and Dalco Passage (just west of Seattle and KSEA) the FPS was very steady at 29 - 31. 

The sim is GPU limited ALL the time except during the brief low FPS periods where it alternated between Main Thread and GPU limits. 

You have illustrated and duplicated the issues. Thank you for the confirmation. Those dips of FPS for 3 to 5 seconds (they last last longer other times) along with the GPU usage dropping IS the issue. For your flying it doesn't seem to bother you, for others it is noticeable and distracting. So it just may be possible that the issue is affecting more people than what some are saying but they just tend to not get caught up in it.

Edited by Wnuk
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, bendead said:

The biggest issue I have with that is the fact that Asobo does not like hotfixes, so we will probably have to wait quite some time until it's working well again.

On the latest Q&A, what word not allowed me off was, when they said that some improvements were ready and will be in the next sim update, well that's in 3 months... 

Multiple small updates at different points in time are, from what one understood in the Q&A, resource hungry because of the risk of one fix screwing up another interdependent piece of the sim.

For that reason going forward the dev team prefers formal upgrade packs they can hopefully test,test,test before releasing.

This software supported by cloud is a new environment where upgrading is not an option for us users. With that i mind, one would prefer less upgrades but bigger and better tested. And, as Adobo said in the Q&A: Combined with World Updates.

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR

AirHispania Virtual Airline

AHS712D Alvaro Escorcia KSGR/OMAA
AirHispania Virtual Airline
MSFS / ASUS TUF Gaming F15-Refresh-144Hz / 11GenIntel (R)Core (TM) i7-11800H
NVIDIA-GeForce-RTX3060GPU / 1TB-Samsung SSD / 32GB-RAM
SAMSUNG-SmartMonitor-M7-32"4K

3 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

There seems to be a big aircraft dependence in the performance now, more then in the past, even among GA aircraft.

I'm not getting the '5 fps' thing some people are seeing.  But the DR400 gets me 50fps loading into KFMN with live weather, very smooth FPS graphs, while the DA62 is more like 30-35 with some swings.  Something is not right when just having the GA glass cockpit stuff loaded is a 15-20fps hit.

Maybe they borked something in the CoherantGT setup....

I think you maybe onto something regarding the glass cockpits, yes there has always been a performance hit - but I have a feeling this has got a lot worse recently.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

1 minute ago, wlix261 said:

Multiple small updates at different points in time are, from what one understood in the Q&A, resource hungry because of the risk of one fix screwing up another interdependent piece of the sim.

You can use the example of overstretched UI for wider than 16:9 screen, because of a buggy update, we had to wait a month for it to get included in the sim update 2. Was it really impossible to release a quick hotfix?

Another one, more recent. The MENU.TRAFFIC_FAUNA thing, impossible to fix it quickly?

Here we are talking about a game breaking bug, FPS is so low sometime that manual landing is not possible, do we have to wait 3 months before we can enjoy the sim again, what will be the feedback on the CRJ about performance?

• Like 1

This latest update tanked my system.   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 4.6Ghz, 16 Gb Ram running at 3900Mhz and RTX 2070 Super. My system was running about 50% on the processors before the latest update. Now it is really winding up to about 90% on the processors especially around KRDU airfield in the U.S. just sitting on the ramp parked nothing on in the plane. Everything was running great all the way up to this latest update.  Dunno Weird

Happy Landings,

I luv MSFS very much. 🧡

Cheers

bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

4 hours ago, Noel said:

@Noel

And even viewing this poll, still isn't considered empirical. There are low ball numbers there presently, and don't reflect the total number of users (as Asobo/MS have reported sales in excess of 1 million users).

Granted, I'm seeing quite a few reports from users on various platforms/forums including the MSFS official forum.

But again, not enough hard data considering 1 million plus users.

• Upvote 1

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

29 minutes ago, XCLTM3 said:

@Noel

And even viewing this poll, still isn't considered empirical. There are low ball numbers there presently, and don't reflect the total number of users (as Asobo/MS have reported sales in excess of 1 million users).

Granted, I'm seeing quite a few reports from users on various platforms/forums including the MSFS official forum.

But again, not enough hard data considering 1 million plus users.

Yes, it's a brand new poll, and 1 million users don't play on Avsim.  But of the folks who do play on Avsim, it's pretty telling already, young as it is as a poll.

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X