Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

6 minutes ago, DJJose said:

If @filou is unsatisfied with the updates and then has to defend his position, this sim is in trouble.

OMG, has the depth of field function stopped working? Nooooooooooo! 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I tried out the 787-10 for the first time, together with the mod. I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, system-wise it's quite "light", but it's fun to fly and the basics (at, vnav, lnav, loc, ils, vref speeds) work ok, some oddites are to be expected at this stage of the sim. 

Also surprised that it had little impact performance-wise. 

Speaking of oddities, after leveling off and then dialing in a higher altitude, the plane doesn't automatically go into climb mode even though vnav is active. I have to press altitude hold a couple of times, then it starts climbing. I'm probably missing a step....

Visual model is great, and the wing flex, I feel, is well modeled. 

Edited by Ricardo41

23 hours ago, ThomseN_inc said:

Same here. I am really enjoying the Sim big time. It has never been more stable and smooth than it is now.

Guess we're lucky.

Only thing I have to complain about is the cut down LOD at the moment.

Glad to hear someone else mention the LOD. I thought it was just my imagination 😊

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

I tried out the 787-10 for the first time, together with the mod. I was pleasantly surprised. Yeah, system-wise it's quite "light", but it's fun to fly and the basics (at, vnav, lnav, loc, ils, vref speeds) work ok, some oddites are to be expected at this stage of the sim. 

Also surprised that it had little impact performance-wise. 

Speaking of oddities, after leveling off and then dialing in a higher altitude, the plane doesn't automatically go into climb mode even though vnav is active. I have to press altitude hold a couple of times, then it starts climbing. I'm probably missing a step....

Visual model is great, and the wing flex, I feel, is well modeled. 

Good to read that the ac has been improved ..

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

32 minutes ago, MauBen said:

Glad to hear someone else mention the LOD. I thought it was just my imagination 😊

Performance issues are frustrating but the reduced LoD radius... it completely kills immersion for me.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ADamiani said:

I'll never really understand the meaning of posts like this. Are you implying that we are all a bunch of visionaries? Or Lockeed Martin agents in disguise? Or maybe Laminar Research agents? If the sim is working for you, that's great for you, then enjoy it and, yes, thanks for letting us know. I regularly fly in Perth, Western Australia, and I confirm that performance is pretty good downunder. Nothing to complain about, except the  overall quality of the scenery (pretty poor), a few underwater bridges, sunk ships everywhere and all the usual. But performance wise, it's good.

Now let's move to old Europe: take off from Florence and head north. No fancy sceneries, no addons, no custom aircraft, just the steam gauge 172. If you get 40 fps without stutters and flashing scenery, with "all ultra" and 4K resolution, I'll be very interested in how you achieved that. 

If it's broken, it's broken. Maybe not everywhere, I agree, but it's broken.

Andrea

Admirable to which extend some try to convince others to have the same problems the've got. Do I have to excuse myself that I did not come across this "brokenness" so far?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Are people wailing too much about not being able to see far enough in the sim? I spent 10 years flying around at 1000' AGL in an open-cockpit home-built. I would estimate that 90% of the time I looked at the landscape below, it was within 5 miles of my position, and most of that time, even less. Any further out than that I just couldn't really make out anything in detail (I'm sure Chuck Yeager didn't have that limitation). The usual exceptions to that were when identifying large landmarks, such as a town or a particular landscape feature. Beyond 5 miles or so things on the ground become pretty featureless - even from 1000'

Intel i7-11700K@3.60 GHZ. 32 GB RTX 4070 Ti OC

8 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

Admirable to which extend some try to convince others to have the same problems the've got. Do I have to excuse myself that I did not come across this "brokenness" so far?

Yes, you must immediately cover yourself in sackcloth and ashes. Shame on you for having a well maintained computer and enjoying the sim by not running it at capabilities beyond that of your hardware and then wondering why it isn't getting four hundred frames per second whilst you are attempting to have it display individual dust particles on the moon. It's an outrage!

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Yes, burn him at the stake.  Shame on him for enjoying MSFS and he also has the cheek to come here and mention it in a thread about that 🤣

26 minutes ago, mrueedi said:

To the extent that you tell me something you are observing on your screen, and I tell you something I am observing on mine.

What I am saying is that the sim is wonderful sometimes and somewhere. We agree on this.

Some other times and in some other places it is not wonderful at all. 

BTW: if you (and anyone else) try the situation I illustrated above: Florence, Italy, standard weather (not real) with a few clouds; CESSNA 172 steam gauges: depart toward the west and immediately turn north. Do you observe flashes in the scenery and stutters? All default: no addons at all.

That would be an interesting piece of information.

Then, shall I remind you that there are submerged bridges and sunken ships all around the world; that most bridges are actually black solid artifacts; that coastlines are a joke (they were very good on day 1 but they broke them); that water is mostly rubbish (it was great on day 1 but then ....); that new bugs appear with every update; that the LOD was nerfed for no apparent reason and with little noticeable gain; that most airliners are actually a failed attempt; that we have giant airport signs everywhere and noone understands why. These are facts; you are totally free to be happy just the same; I am not and I want to feel free to say it. 

Andrea

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bosco19 said:

Are people wailing too much about not being able to see far enough in the sim? I spent 10 years flying around at 1000' AGL in an open-cockpit home-built. I would estimate that 90% of the time I looked at the landscape below, it was within 5 miles of my position, and most of that time, even less. Any further out than that I just couldn't really make out anything in detail (I'm sure Chuck Yeager didn't have that limitation). The usual exceptions to that were when identifying large landmarks, such as a town or a particular landscape feature. Beyond 5 miles or so things on the ground become pretty featureless - even from 1000'

A rare shot of the back of Will-Fly-For-Cheese's head. I'm over the Solent in this pic at 1100' or so and those gentle hills in the distance are well over 10 miles away.

My mate in the back seat is not showing off his camera skills very well but at that height things are remarkably clear on the horizon. All depends on weather, time of year, etc. This was one of those relatively lovely clear days in late August I think.

Aircraft is a PA-28 Warrior II

1100feet.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Chock said:

.....wondering why it isn't getting four hundred frames per second whilst you are attempting to have it display individual dust particles on the moon. It's an outrage!

The latest update totally broke the moon dust particles. They used to be sharp, now all blurry especially in the craters.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Good to read that the ac has been improved ..

Yup, the 787 seems completely flyable now. I had given it up due to it's previous tendency to dive into the ground shortly after takeoff, but tried it out a couple of days ago and had no issues.

Seriously, why would you give a word not allowed about what others think about MSFS or its performance. People are trying to convince other people that the sim is perfect and other people are trying to convince other people that it sucks. I couldn't care less if the sim runs well or not on anyone's system. All I care about is if it runs good on my PC (which btw it doesn't) or not. So what if someone says 'it must be your PC' (which in my case is true) or if someone says people who have performance problems are morons... Call me whatever you want: it won't help to make run MSFS better. And I can call anyone of the happy few an egoistic word not allowed but it won't cripple the performance on his of her PC (which I wouldn't want anyway). I am genuinly very happy for those who are enjoying MSFS and who experience a great performance! And I think that everyone who has a great running copy of MSFS should feel sorry for anyone who doesn't. I don't understand why some don't seem to believe there actually are people who do have problems to get MSFS running. Why would you doubt that?

The things you sometimes read on flightsim forums... 🤔

• Like 1

The whole problem with this discussion is that people have different hardware, fly in different places, and with different settings, and finally, have different levels of expectation on how the sim should look and perform. 

So it's all a fairly pointless argument that goes around in circles, and just sets one group of simmers off against another, while the 80% in the middle either watch with muted amusement, or, in some form of perverted enjoyment, add fuel to the fire or pick over someone's words with a magnifying glass to score a worthless point, as pedants with nothing better to do than pick an argument, quite often do.

If people really are enjoying the sim, let them be, or if people want to let off a bit of steam about an issue, let them as well!  No problem.  We all have different standards.

We used to all be together, enjoying the spirit and wonder of simulated flight.  I don't know how it got like this...

It's all Asobo's fault!... 😀

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.