Sign in to follow this  
ctdlg

Member of the Happy Few Group

You who have no problems, can you give me an example of simple point to point flight plan that you have done without problems? I would like to test it to see if the bug only appears in certain places.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

4 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The whole problem with this discussion is that people have different hardware, fly in different places, and with different settings, and finally, have different levels of expectation on how the sim should look and perform. 

So it's all a fairly pointless argument that goes around in circles...

This particular update really contains some serious problems affecting a large swath of users regardless of their hardware and almost regardless of places they're flying.   So this really has little to do w/ expectations of how the sim should perform, but is a blunder akin to when you take your automobile in for servicing the tech connects the sparkplug wires to the wrong plugs.  I'm sure Asobo will pinpoint the issue pretty quickly, as in a day or two or three tops.   These threads point to one recurrent theme:  many simmers are flat out addicted and when there is a hiccough of this magnitude panic sets in.  Take deep breaths they'll iron it out soon.

• Like 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

11 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

You who have no problems, can you give me an example of simple point to point flight plan that you have done without problems? I would like to test it to see if the bug only appears in certain places.

I would like to try this as well.  I just want to get flying properly again. 
I can confirm a little hop between Sedona and Flagstaff seems stutter / pause free for me, but I am getting a bit bored with that one now! 😀
I did the same run it in the Spitfire, the JF Arrow, the Piaggio, and the Community modded C152 last night.  I know every rock, every tree!  (used to be more trees though LOL!)

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

13 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Actually I am quite sure it is certain places (quite a lot of them), because most of the time someone says try Airport XY, I go there and have stutters. On the other hand, if I am not actively going to those places, I usually fly where everything is fine - because most places are fine.

2 hours ago, ADamiani said:

To the extent that you tell me something you are observing on your screen, and I tell you something I am observing on mine.

What I am saying is that the sim is wonderful sometimes and somewhere. We agree on this.

Some other times and in some other places it is not wonderful at all. 

BTW: if you (and anyone else) try the situation I illustrated above: Florence, Italy, standard weather (not real) with a few clouds; CESSNA 172 steam gauges: depart toward the west and immediately turn north. Do you observe flashes in the scenery and stutters? All default: no addons at all.

That would be an interesting piece of information.

Then, shall I remind you that there are submerged bridges and sunken ships all around the world; that most bridges are actually black solid artifacts; that coastlines are a joke (they were very good on day 1 but they broke them); that water is mostly rubbish (it was great on day 1 but then ....); that new bugs appear with every update; that the LOD was nerfed for no apparent reason and with little noticeable gain; that most airliners are actually a failed attempt; that we have giant airport signs everywhere and noone understands why. These are facts; you are totally free to be happy just the same; I am not and I want to feel free to say it. 

Andrea

So where are the problem areas so people not having major pauses and stutters , including myself , can try them and report back ? 

2 hours ago, ADamiani said:

BTW: if you (and anyone else) try the situation I illustrated above: Florence, Italy, standard weather (not real) with a few clouds; CESSNA 172 steam gauges: depart toward the west and immediately turn north. Do you observe flashes in the scenery and stutters? All default: no addons at all.

That would be an interesting piece of information.

Why would this be an interesting piece of information? MSFS is trying to model the entire real world. There are bound to be large areas where this doesn't work as well as in others. 

Everybody wants to have their neck of the wood modeled perfectly. Go there where the scenery is good. 

Yesterday, I took off with the 787-10 from Seattle flying East - spectacular climb out over great-looking scenery. Looked just I remembered when I flew from Seattle to Europe. 

I don't torture myself spending time in an area that doesn't look good. Why would I?

5 hours ago, MauBen said:

Glad to hear someone else mention the LOD. I thought it was just my imagination 😊

Absolutely not! The difference is very obvious! 😕

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

Just wondering if some of these issues come from gauges like the G3000 or any custom gauge. 
I tried both default and WT mods for the TBM 930 at CYLW live weather max 24FPS mostly. Exactly same airport weather and time in the JF PA28 - 40 + FPS.

word not in the slightest bit allowed within 1000k!!

I've gone around the world more than once, and all over North America.  I've only had a handful of CTDs, and only few few slow-downs as well.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I'm one of the happy few but that doesnt mean all others are "lying" or using sub par hardware.

If a lot of simmers complain there has to be an issue.

I dont know how, but it would be a lot more constructive if the "lucky few" could join with the "unhappy many" to find out what the problem is.

It's like going to the hospital with a broken leg and the docter says "my leg is fine, so go home and dont whine"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

On 3/14/2021 at 11:35 PM, Highmike said:

I seem to be having a happy time flying in Australia - as if the SU3 FPS problems were associated with the World Updates. I'm keeping an eye on the Win10 Task Manager and I occasionally see a drop in the GPU which is associated with a spike in CPU usage and a drop in FPS. It only lasts a few seconds then it's right again.

GTX 1080Ti, Ryzen 1800X, 32GB

Mine was great up until update 3, flying around brisbane and gold coast very bad stutters and low frames rates, was perfect before the update

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

22 hours ago, crimplene said:

Ah, is this the logic of the wife-beating husband that his "passion" is proof that he loves her more than non-beating husbands love their wifes?

SCNR

The first thing I advise you to do before taking any action is to reduce your beer consumption and you can also go to consult to check if everything is ok.

You will thank me later.I'm not in a hurry.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

If @filou is unsatisfied with the updates and then has to defend his position, this sim is in trouble.

Yes like many people, I didn't invent anything and MSFS didn't need me to close the different pages of their forum about these same problems .There were so many comments....I haven't fly for a few days after the last update and I won't fly until this distance radius of trees is fixed.For me It ruins everything so much.

This gives me time to read the classic comments of nostalgic people interested in this new simulator. It's a different pleasure that I don't deny myself. It is true that for some Sunday players that even with these issues MSFS is far better than anything they have known. It's not always reassuring.

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.