Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Which folder has the saved flights? flt and pln files?

For some reason, when I try to save a flight, its asking me for a folder. and when I try to load a flt, its again asing me for a folder. I had plwnty of sved flight and now I can't find them

I tried searching *,flt in my C drive and within my d:\MSFS (I have installed MSFS here) and I can find any of my flt files

Any ideas?

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Here for me :

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber

Just now, Livingston said:

Here for me :

C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

Hi Livingston. Thank you.

Did you install the sim in default folder? or your own folder?

Manny

That's where my recent flights are being stored. The defaut dir suggested. but it doesn't have any of my prior flights. Hm...it's been removed. Hmmm. Interesting. Not a big loss. but interesting.

Manny

Hi Manny:
That folder - in C:\Users\...\AppData\..etc.. - is a link to the actual installation folder where the sim resides. I my case, that AppData folder is  C:\Users\[me]\AppData\Local\Packages\,  and it contains some 108 MS packages, each folder being a link to wherever you actually installed that particular Microsoft package (or program) (or "app" as they like to call their programs nowadays).

My flightsim itself is actually on the "H" drive:-
H:\WpSystem\S-1-5-21-3869908899-3504216640-1147265394-1001\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState

You might try a search on your C:\, looking for ".pln". I did find an old plans folder this way from last October, but am not sure they were generated by MSFS or by LittleNavmap..

Edited by Paul J
  • Like 1

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

On 3/14/2021 at 3:07 PM, Manny said:

Hi Livingston. Thank you.

Did you install the sim in default folder? or your own folder?

Sorry for the late reply.

My MSFS is in an own folder ...

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700F - RAM 32 - RTX 3070 - SSD Blue 1T -  Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog - Track IR - Optical fiber