Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Why does the wife always interrupt

at exactly the time I am executing an ILS approach to minimums withhigh winds??????I want a kiss, now!!!!!!!!!JimCYWG

Wives have "radar", which can sense when you are 5 miles from an airport, and it triggers a "honey, I need you" request immediatly. I have no idea why this is. I think MS has put it in the game and it is subliminaly passed onto the wives through wav. files. Naturally this is only a theory, but until I can get a better grasp on it, I am taking it as truth. LOL! ;)Don

Don is right. Wives have radar! (hah, that made me laugh so much!)So do kids.After a 14-hour real-time flight from Newark, my twin boys came crashing into my room and fell on me and on the yoke as I was 500' AGL into Dubai on a 777.Happens EVERY time. Happens to my good FS friend, Joe, as well.It's just.....life! That's the answer.JS

Don & JS have hit it right on the head !!!!!!JimCYWG

Guest cbrandall

I thought I was the only one............You probably have noticed If Its not the Wife, It happens just on your final approach seconds from touchdown, the phone will ring, the doorbell goes, or around the corner comes the vacuum cleaner ( just so It compets with atc In an attempt to outdrown It)Oh yes I forgot have you ever heard this before ? ( Are you on that again ! Its alright for you ! I wish I could sit down and do nothing !Our reply......... "yes dear"

JS, 14 hour real time. That would be neat.JimCYWG

Guest DonaldS

I think that interruption happening is proportionate to the number of years you've been married. (or is that inversely proportionate?)I have been married for well over 40 years and those kinds of "wifely" interuptions are extremely minimal to non-existent. The phone ringing on the other hand, is still a factor.I have discovered a new "interruption", though. On final - low visibility, bad cross wind, not using autopilot approach, and POW!!! up pops that dang kneeboard right in the middle of the screen because I have inadvertenly hit the button on the base of the Sidewinder joystick.I suppose there is a way to disable that, but I have reluctant to ask because for fear of incuring the wrath of those feel I should have figured it out by myself.DonaldS

Donald,From the main menu,OptionsControlsAssignments will get you to here:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42442.jpgScroll down to Kneeboard display/hide and click on it to highlight. Click 'Delete Joystick Assignment'If (as in the case of my configuration) there is no specific joystick assignment, it would indicate that your joystick is emulating a keyboard command. Your choices would be to delete the keyboard assignment as well (thereby rendering the kneeboard accessible only through the on screen menu) or to reprogram your joystick to change its handling of that button. (You're on your own with that one...)Cheers,Doug Dawson

Guest 747drvr

Suffer the same problem, although in real life she doesnt bother me but for some reason on the computer its usually about as soon as im lined up and ready to flare.

Ok- now this is only with the REGISTERED version of "ProtectMyFlight", but within the FS OPTIONS menu you should see these options...I always use "simulate landing / Phantom" option so they only THINK youre landing, after it crashes they know they have done their job, so they leave you alone, and the sim then resets you right back were you were before activating the phantom landing. Works like a charm everytime! :)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/42444.jpg

Guest RWade

Nice, LOL!! Have to get me a Registered version!:-xxrotflmao

Damn that is so bizarre! It happens here with frightening frequency! BTW, the Latin name for this phenomenon is: Wifus InterruptusNoel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

*I want a kiss, now!!!!!!!!!*You're lucky if that's ALL she wants :-lol Saw a heavily pregnant girl walking down the street the other day and her t-shirt said "It all started with a kiss". Flying is much safer :-lolDavid

Guest B52Drivr

Hello All,Ahhhh, yes, it is sooooo true! I use to have a business in my home, hence an 'thick' office door with a LOCK! After six months of being constantly bothered, espicially upon final, I began locking the door with a sign: "I am flying, do not disturb me unless one of you is dying or the house is on fire."I'm Sorry to add, it didn't do any good ... they just yell louder and pound on the door.Best to all,Clay